• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

I have been selected in DV2014. Do I have a chance for interview with CN EU40XXX?

Thank you! I guess I just tend to sweat too much lol

You can leave that section blank if you don't know your Alien # anymore. They may end up giving you a new one, or if they able to connect you to your previous A#, they will just reassign it.

Providing a previously issued A# prevents the possibility of having multiple numbers in the system and enables them to merge all previously opened/created files. But of you can't find it or don't know the number anymore, don't sweat it, it's not likely to be an issue.

Thanks a lot. Do you know how I can be in touch with those guys (if you have any further info about them).

And, regarding this I have some questions regarding form I-485:

'Current USCIS status':
In my case, is this F1 (student) visa?

'Expires on':
Is this Expire date of my F1 visa or my I-20?

I-94#:
Is this the admission number written on the top of I-94?

'Visa number':
I have no idea which one is my visa number. On my visa there is a 'Control Number', which is 14 digits longs, and an Annotation, which is exactly the same as my SEVIS number. BUT I don't see any visa number.
Would you please assist me on this? Thanks.

Current USCIS Status: F1

Expires On: Use the expiration date on your I-94

I-94#: Yes. 11-digit number that is found on the I-94 form

Visa #: Do you see an 8 digit number in RED color, located towards the bottom right hand corner of the Visa sticker on your passport? That's supposed to be your visa number. The control number at the top is NOT the visa number.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I understood reading multiple threads on this forum, everyone will have a chance to be interviewed. There is no difference between you and someone else who has a lower number, except for the waiting time. Just do what everyone is doing (e.g., collecting documents, filling out forms, paying fees) and then wait until your number becomes current. In the meanwhile, read the experiences of other people on this forum :)

Hi everyone!

I have been selected in DV2014. Do I have a chance for interview with CN EU40XXX?

Quesion on AOS

Hi,

Need your help on clarifying few questions i have on AOS.

I have been selected fo 2014 DV lottery and sent the initial mail to KCC. I am a L1 -A visa holder and currently in the US.
I got a letter from KCC few days ago stating that i have to fill I485 once my visa number becomes current. My number is in the AS -16XXX and i have been selected from Asia.

My quesions are
1. When do you think my number will become eligible for an interview?
2. If you go to Visa bulletin today it displays the number as Current for this month. What does it mean?
3. For the month of July it has gone up to 9850 (for Asia) and there after it has the value current? Does this mean after 9850 they have stopeed processing the visas?
4. What is my chance of getting an interview?

Please help me to find out the answers.

Thanks

Current USCIS Status: F1

Expires On: Use the expiration date on your I-94

I-94#: Yes. 11-digit number that is found on the I-94 form

Visa #: Do you see an 8 digit number in RED color, located towards the bottom right hand corner of the Visa sticker on your passport? That's supposed to be your visa number. The control number at the top is NOT the visa number.

Thanks a lot for the response.
But I couldn't find and expiration date on my I-94 form, there's any one date (arrival date to the U.S). That's all!
I'm wondering whether I should use the visa expiration date on my visa page (as I mentioned before my visa was a single entry that expired within a couple of days after I entered the U.S). Any comment, plz let me know, thanks a lot.

Thanks a lot for the response.
But I couldn't find and expiration date on my I-94 form, there's any one date (arrival date to the U.S). That's all!
I'm wondering whether I should use the visa expiration date on my visa page (as I mentioned before my visa was a single entry that expired within a couple of days after I entered the U.S). Any comment, plz let me know, thanks a lot.

Is there a 'D/S' annotation on your I-20? D/S means "Duration of Stay", so put "D/S" for the expiration date on your I-485. If you put the expiration date on your visa, that means you're already out of status, you don't want to create unnecessary issues for yourself.

Hi,

Need your help on clarifying few questions i have on AOS.

I have been selected fo 2014 DV lottery and sent the initial mail to KCC. I am a L1 -A visa holder and currently in the US.
I got a letter from KCC few days ago stating that i have to fill I485 once my visa number becomes current. My number is in the AS -16XXX and i have been selected from Asia.

My quesions are
1. When do you think my number will become eligible for an interview?
2. If you go to Visa bulletin today it displays the number as Current for this month. What does it mean?
3. For the month of July it has gone up to 9850 (for Asia) and there after it has the value current? Does this mean after 9850 they have stopeed processing the visas?
4. What is my chance of getting an interview?

Please help me to find out the answers.

Thanks

To start with, please read this thread from page 1, it will save you a lot of headache and paint a clearer picture of the DV AOS process for you.

1. It's hard to tell when you will be eligible for interview without knowing when your CN will become current or your applicable FO.
2. The VB currently available is not applicable to DV 2014. "Current" means all those with CN above those previously displayed are eligible to begin their AOS process or to be interviewed.
3. See 2 above

Read the previous postings from page 1 of this thread. Also spend some time going over the DV 2013 AOS thread.

Is there a 'D/S' annotation on your I-20? D/S means "Duration of Stay", so put "D/S" for the expiration date on your I-485. If you put the expiration date on your visa, that means you're already out of status, you don't want to create unnecessary issues for yourself.

Thanks for your note. Yes, that was actually what I was thinking (to put my I-20's expiration date, rather than my Visa'a expiration date), BUT at the same time I'm worried not be accused of providing wrong information to the USCIS!!!
That's the issue making my case a specific case. I wish I could be in touch with someone from 2013 who have applied for OAS based on DV and on F1 single entry visa.
If you know one, plz let me know. Thanks a lot.

Thanks for your note. Yes, that was actually what I was thinking (to put my I-20's expiration date, rather than my Visa'a expiration date), BUT at the same time I'm worried not be accused of providing wrong information to the USCIS!!!
That's the issue making my case a specific case. I wish I could be in touch with someone from 2013 who have applied for OAS based on DV and on F1 single entry visa.
If you know one, plz let me know. Thanks a lot.

To start with, please read this thread from page 1, it will save you a lot of headache and paint a clearer picture of the DV AOS process for you.

1. It's hard to tell when you will be eligible for interview without knowing when your CN will become current or your applicable FO.
2. The VB currently available is not applicable to DV 2014. "Current" means all those with CN above those previously displayed are eligible to begin their AOS process or to be interviewed.
3. See 2 above

Read the previous postings from page 1 of this thread. Also spend some time going over the DV 2013 AOS thread.[/QUOTE

Thanks
Sure i will.
When i was reading a 2013 post i saw something about expediting this process. Do you know any info?

Thanks
Sure i will.
When i was reading a 2013 post i saw something about expediting this process. Do you know any info?

Expediting is not something you should be worrying about or considering at this stage. It's a process those with every high number may want to explore when the end pf the DV fiscal year is fast approcahing. USCIS will at their discretion entertain the request or deny it. It's not necessarily a guaranteed fast-track option for DV.

next steps???

Not sending an updated form, with the selectee notification attached, or correcting the errors on the previously submitted form, will not impact your AOS process in anyway, as far as I know, since KCC will not be processing the case. However, if I was in your shoes, I would fill out another set of forms, attach the notification letter and email the items to KCC just for my own peace of mind. So if you decide to send updated forms, be sure to correct the error mentioned and any other one you might have made.

Sm1smom,
Hi again, I have the same question and need your help. I decidedd not to resend my forms to KCC, but wait. So yesterday I got an email from KCC with two attachmrnts: one saying about my intention of adjusting my status, and second with a reciept, but I did not pay the aos fee yet (300$ I think). My question is do you think that I still have to resend my updated forms? And I know that I can pay the aos fee now, what address should I send the check? Thanks again!

I can see some people have talked about Police Certificate (Certificate of Good Conduct).
Does such a thing needed at all as a supporting document to be sent to Chicago Lock box or during interview?
If so, do we need a police certificate from U.S?
I've such certificates from my home country and countries that I have lived in before, but not from U.S.
Anybody knows about this, I'll be thankful to share your info.

Sm1smom,
Hi again, I have the same question and need your help. I decidedd not to resend my forms to KCC, but wait. So yesterday I got an email from KCC with two attachmrnts: one saying about my intention of adjusting my status, and second with a reciept, but I did not pay the aos fee yet (300$ I think). My question is do you think that I still have to resend my updated forms? And I know that I can pay the aos fee now, what address should I send the check? Thanks again!

No need to resend your forms to KCC, they already have the information they need about you, which is the fact that you're doing AOS.

Let's clarify something here please, the receipt/form you received from KCC is for the DV administrative fee ($330) - yes, I know the receipt says "Adjustment of Status Fee Payment" - it is different from the additional AOS fee ($1070). The mailing address and instructions for making the $330 payment should be on the receipt KCC sent. You can also cross-check from the following site:

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4763.html

Thanks for the reply. My sister is not in US. She is in Japan. Is I-134 mandatory? Can I show the bank statement of my sister and also my parents from home country?
Regarding the police report, do I need to have the police report from home country as well?

Is your sister here in the US? What's her status? She could possibly fill out the I-134 form for you. You don't necessarily have to include your bank statements with your I-485 package, but be prepared to show it during your interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.