• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for helping me to make that conclusion. Based on the information that we have from other people that they sent their documents much earlier than you and they have not received their email yet, we can conclude that case number of time of visa availability has a significant effect on the date of receiving 2NL.

I am not certain that this relationship between the case number and notification email is correct. I will DEFINITELY be current in October (and the cut off numbers for Sept just came out and confirmed this) and I have not yet received an email.

My plan is to move ahead without it. This and past years' forums have stated that the email isn't too important for the process. It just makes us feel better that we have some official correspondence and direction.

Correct! There's no correlation between CN and when 2NL is received by those processing AOS.

And yes, you can send in your I-485 package without the 2NL. However, you probably don't want your AOS package to arrive at the Chicago Lockbox before Oct 1st, so you still have plenty of time to receive your 2NL.

I am not certain that this relationship between the case number and notification email is correct. I will DEFINITELY be current in October (and the cut off numbers for Sept just came out and confirmed this) and I have not yet received an email.

My plan is to move ahead without it. This and past years' forums have stated that the email isn't too important for the process. It just makes us feel better that we have some official correspondence and direction.

Thanks for the reply. My sister is not in US. She is in Japan. Is I-134 mandatory? Can I show the bank statement of my sister and also my parents from home country?
Regarding the police report, do I need to have the police report from home country as well?

No, an I-134 is not mandatory, but it helps especially if you're a student and you don't have a lot to show in your bank account. Prove of support from your sister and your parent could be o help too. You might probably have to get them to swear an affidavit indicating their willingness to support you and take it along to your interview with their bank statements. Again that may not be requested for at the time of your interview, but like I always say better be over-prepared.

No, you don't need a police report from your home country or any other place you've stayed in the past.

Thank you so much.
Is there any legal affidavit form to be filled by my family members?
For I-134, can anyone with US citizenship file for me?

No, an I-134 is not mandatory, but it helps especially if you're a student and you don't have a lot to show in your bank account. Prove of support from your sister and your parent could be o help too. You might probably have to get them to swear an affidavit indicating their willingness to support you and take it along to your interview with their bank statements. Again that may not be requested for at the time of your interview, but like I always say better be over-prepared.

No, you don't need a police report from your home country or any other place you've stayed in the past.

There's no legal form that your family members can fill to help on support of your application as long as there not domiciled in he US.

Yes, any US citizen or LPR can fill out the I-134 for you, as long as they're domiciled in the US. They don't have to be family members.

Thank you so much.
Is there any legal affidavit form to be filled by my family members?
For I-134, can anyone with US citizenship file for me?

I just want to confirm that the money order for the DV lottery fee ($330) is made out to the "U.S Department of State", correct? I am going to be sending it end of August, whether or not I get an email from KCC.

Hi!

First congratulations to all winners!! I found out I won the dv lottery a little late, and only just found out through this forum last week that I needed to send a DS 122 form to KCC. My case number is low 2014AF00001xxx I called and they even confirmed that my CN is presently current but because I sent out the form late they won't be able to get to it for another 2 months. I'm a little confused because I spoke to a USCIS officer in June and she said that I needed to come to their office in October to fill out my forms and submit some documentation??? Their stories don't match or add up. Does anyone have a better understanding of this situation because I'm really lost here. Thanks!!

Yup! Correct. Remember to include a self-addressed envelope when you mail out your payment.

I just want to confirm that the money order for the DV lottery fee ($330) is made out to the "U.S Department of State", correct? I am going to be sending it end of August, whether or not I get an email from KCC.

Hi!

First congratulations to all winners!! I found out I won the dv lottery a little late, and only just found out through this forum last week that I needed to send a DS 122 form to KCC. My case number is low 2014AF00001xxx I called and they even confirmed that my CN is presently current but because I sent out the form late they won't be able to get to it for another 2 months. I'm a little confused because I spoke to a USCIS officer in June and she said that I needed to come to their office in October to fill out my forms and submit some documentation??? Their stories don't match or add up. Does anyone have a better understanding of this situation because I'm really lost here. Thanks!!

Contratulations on your selection and your very low CN! Unfortunately, when it comes to DV issues, USCIS phone/infopass reps don't happen to have a good clue on the workings (except of course for the highly placed ones).

Begin by reading the following post:

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?557035-DV-2014-AOS-Only/page3&p=2622437#post2622437

Then follow up by reading this thread from page 1 if you're still confused, you can also spend some time on the previous DV AOS threads.

A spreadsheet detailing the steps and process for AOS will be posted on this thread in a short while, so you can equally look out for that and go through it too.

DV AOS Process

Apparently, I was beginning to sound like a broken record :p, repeating myself and basically answering the same question (admittedly posted by different forum members) over and over again. A very nice forum member, fiefia, came up with the brilliant idea of putting everything on a spreasheet and simply directing people to it.

This spreadsheet has information on what to do, from when one discovers he/she has been selected, the steps to take, necessary documents to include with the I-485 package, all the way down to when the GC is received. Hope you all find it useful as you continue with this process and journey.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AozhLxh12qzYdDU3WkxHaFFtdVI4Y01oTFc3ZnZlb1E#gid=0

Good luck to you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
H4/H1B Expiring on 31-Dec-2013 (Will be sent for Renew in Nov.)

Hello,

My wife has been selected in DV Lottery based on cross chargeability rule using my place of birth (Libya ;though we both are Indian citizens and indian passport holders).
We both are listed on the application and our CN is 2014AF00008XXX. We SURELY expect to be current in November based on the October numbers recetly out. We both are in US, my wife (primary applicant) being on H4 dependent visa and I being on H1B, currently working here. Both these visas are expiring on 31-Dec-2013 and my company will file for extension in NOVEMBER (probably after I would have sent my application package to Chicago Lockbox)

I have 2 queries:

1.) Does our H4/H1 visa expiry date being so close to CURRENT date create any issues? I plan to have the renewal or atleast the receipt from USCIS by the time of my interview. My FO is Chicago, so I dont expect to be interviewed before January/February for sure. can anyone confirm this too?

2.) I have salaried account, payslips here in US. Will I need any affidavit of support (I-134) etc.?

Let me know.
Thanks for Help.

Hello,

My wife has been selected in DV Lottery based on cross chargeability rule using my place of birth (Libya ;though we both are Indian citizens and indian passport holders).
We both are listed on the application and our CN is 2014AF00008XXX. We SURELY expect to be current in November based on the October numbers recetly out. We both are in US, my wife (primary applicant) being on H4 dependent visa and I being on H1B, currently working here. Both these visas are expiring on 31-Dec-2013 and my company will file for extension in NOVEMBER (probably after I would have sent my application package to Chicago Lockbox)

I have 2 queries:

1.) Does our H4/H1 visa expiry date being so close to CURRENT date create any issues? I plan to have the renewal or atleast the receipt from USCIS by the time of my interview. My FO is Chicago, so I dont expect to be interviewed before January/February for sure. can anyone confirm this too?

2.) I have salaried account, payslips here in US. Will I need any affidavit of support (I-134) etc.?

Let me know.
Thanks for Help.

1. Nope, no issue regarding closeness

2. Probably not needed. You can actually fill one out as your wife's sponsor since she's the main applicant, if you like. Shouldn't be an issue either.

Thank you, as always.

Hello,

I have 2 queries:

Let me know.
Thanks for Help.

I can see some people have talked about Police Certificate (Certificate of Good Conduct).
Does such a thing needed at all as a supporting document to be sent to Chicago Lock box or during interview?
If so, do we need a police certificate from U.S?
I've such certificates from my home country and countries that I have lived in before, but not from U.S.
Anybody knows about this, I'll be thankful to share your info.

Ok! seems I have to answer myself based upon my readings from here and there:
It seems that it would be a good idea to put police records from other countries, but the police record from U.S is not required (as long as you have no record!).
Any comment?

Ok! seems I have to answer myself based upon my readings from here and there:
It seems that it would be a good idea to put police records from other countries, but the police record from U.S is not required (as long as you have no record!).
Any comment?

Police Clearance Certificate is NOT required for AOS, not even from the home country or anywhere else the selectee might have lived. I already posted a spreadsheet of exactly what's needed in support of a DV AOS application.

Status
Not open for further replies.