• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have crazy diffucult sitiation... :(

Hello,
I checked Yesterday DV Program and I am selectee. Yeah, I am so happy! But... I am already in USA almost two years and I have in process application for Asylum. After 150 days of waiting they gave me a work permit and driver license documents. I still have it because application is in process still. I was looking full night Yesterday and I am so confused. I know about Adjust of Status but when I was on the USCIS website it saying "Aadjust of Status by Family Member, work or refugee". I am none of that.
I get response from different lawyer forum "You don't need aplay by anything from this cases, You just apply Adjusto of Status based on selectee DV Program". Hhhmmm... ok great. But how can I do?
Do I just first send I-122, DSP-230 I and II part to KCC and after that what? :(
Also I got civil marriage May 1st this year (my wife is here in USA with me, we all the time live together) do I need to add this somewhere?
Please help me.... I know is difficult :(

taiwan or other asia selectees?

hi all, congrats on all dv 2014 winners!

my # is 2014AS000060**

i am from taiwan on f1 visa, the visa will expire in august 2013 this year; i have been in the US for 9 years from f1, j1, h1, last year was laid off then back to f1. i have a master degree from a US university and have been working here for over 2 years when i was on my h1. i plan to extend my f1 for another 6 months, and this program can be extended as long as you want if you can; i do try my best to read all the posts and i know this is what i should do first; i know the next thing is to file DSP 122 - is it correct?

i am not sure if i should file AOS or CP? as my intend is to stay here as i am in the process of "talking" with some companies, although i am hoping that they can sponsor me back to my old h1b - i know it has nothing to do with my dv visa; looking at the time frame that it will not be process sometime next year, if luckily i get the interview? is my dv cn # pretty safe for getting an interview?

thanks for all your help!

about filing OPT

My case is exactly same as Gina_g. I am planning to apply for OPT in two weeks. My case number is AS**5** (three digits !! ), and my country has ~2000 quotas. I also have appointment with USCIS in 2 weeks. I am planning for AOS. Please suggest. Should I delay my sending DSP 122 ?? If so, until when ? What are the chances that my sending DSP-122 around October end will finish the country quota, until all paperwork for AOS is done ?

My case is exactly same as Gina_g. I am planning to apply for OPT in two weeks. My case number is AS**5** (three digits !! ), and my country has ~2000 quotas. I also have appointment with USCIS in 2 weeks. I am planning for AOS. Please suggest. Should I delay my sending DSP 122 ?? If so, until when ? What are the chances that my sending DSP-122 around October end will finish the country quota, until all paperwork for AOS is done ?

Plasmicshree,

What is the appointment with USCIS for? I thought for opt school DSO will assist in completing form. As a side note, if you are graduating this May your opt should be sent by now. It takes average 3 months for Opt to be processed last I checked.

For all selectees, sending DSP 122 has no bearing on country quota. Country quota is used up as visas are issued. The earliest visas for 2014 will be issued is oct 1, 2013.

Note if you have perused all DV threads as advised by my good friends aos13 and sms1mom ,KCC response takes on average 3 months for them to respond as they are only dealing with dv2013 applicants at this time.

DV2014 AOS - when do I have to submit my medical examination results

I won DV2014 and my number around 8500 on Asia. I am in the United Stats in F2 visa with my husband who have F1 visa. We want to submit adjustment of status. I have some questions please:
- Do I have to submit 2 I-485 applications? one for me and one for my husband and pay the fee twice?
- When do I have to take the medical examination ? do I have to attach it to the I-485 package?

Thanks in advanced.

1. Yes
2. Usually you bring them to the interview, long after you submit paperwork. However, for some types of AOS where interview is seldom, usually applicants submit them from the very beginning. You could do that too if you want

Hello,
I checked Yesterday DV Program and I am selectee. Yeah, I am so happy! But... I am already in USA almost two years and I have in process application for Asylum.

Hi there, I am not sure if you are allowed AOS or not, please ask USCIS if you qualify. Also asking a competent lawyer is a very good idea.

hi all, congrats on all dv 2014 winners!

my # is 2014AS000060**

i am from taiwan on f1 visa, the visa will expire in august 2013 this year; i have been in the US for 9 years from f1, j1, h1, last year was laid off then back to f1. i have a master degree from a US university and have been working here for over 2 years when i was on my h1. i plan to extend my f1 for another 6 months, and this program can be extended as long as you want if you can; i do try my best to read all the posts and i know this is what i should do first; i know the next thing is to file DSP 122 - is it correct?

i am not sure if i should file AOS or CP? as my intend is to stay here as i am in the process of "talking" with some companies, although i am hoping that they can sponsor me back to my old h1b - i know it has nothing to do with my dv visa; looking at the time frame that it will not be process sometime next year, if luckily i get the interview? is my dv cn # pretty safe for getting an interview?

thanks for all your help!

Please read the previous posts about "intent". Do not send DSP-122 yet, first inform yourself before making ANY decision.

First thing first: when are you graduating? What is expiration date on your I20/DS2019 ?

Since you have very low case number, and high quota (not selectees, right?) do not worry about sending anything late. Chances are you will be current in October but even if you send your stuff later, you will get your GC. How late is the question. If you haven't applied for OPT yet, you are not getting it before end of August. Add about 90 days (during which you better be working in a company) and you are looking at early December to send your DSP-122 to be on the "safe" side. If you get a response from KCC in about 1-2 months, it is like February to send I-485. With 2000 quota you should be fine, but if you want to play it safe, why not doing CP in October and get done with it?

I won DV2014 and my number around 8500 on Asia. I am in the United Stats in F2 visa with my husband who have F1 visa. We want to submit adjustment of status. I have some questions please:
- Do I have to submit 2 I-485 applications? one for me and one for my husband and pay the fee twice?
- When do I have to take the medical examination ? do I have to attach it to the I-485 package?
1- Yes you need to submit two applications and two fees.
2- You have to send your sealed medical exam results with your I-485, otherwise you risk your application being returned to you.

Please read the previous posts to inform yourself about issues F1 students should know before sending anything.

The consular knows that you are a DV 2014 selectee. As a matter of fact they know how many times you have applied. I recall been told by the CO that I had applied or DV in such and such a year.

Well, chances are, after this "expired student visa" story in the news, CBP officers at POE will know it too. :rolleyes:

AOS or CP?

Please read the previous posts about "intent". Do not send DSP-122 yet, first inform yourself before making ANY decision.

hi aos13, thanks for your response.

i understand that you should not have the intent for immigration on student visa, however this is what the representative from kentucky center told me when i called; she asked me to send my dsp 122 right away..

i am confused, what should i do? are you saying my only option is to go back to taiwan and do CP there? please advise, many thanks!

hi aos13, thanks for your response.

i understand that you should not have the intent for immigration on student visa, however this is what the representative from kentucky center told me when i called; she asked me to send my dsp 122 right away..

i am confused, what should i do? are you saying my only option is to go back to taiwan and do CP there? please advise, many thanks!
I am not saying that at all. Please read this whole thread in its entirety from the 1st post. If you still have questions, go ahead and ask. I can't (nobody really can) tell you if your case number is "safe", you just need to understand your options and their consequences first, before making any decision.

You can extend your I-20 but you should have a good reason so that you don't give the impression that you are doing it just to stay in US.

Filing as AOS, chance of visa

Hi All,

After years of trying, my wife is able to win the lottery this time :).
I am super excited but also worried about the chances of visa.
I am on F-1 doing Phd and she is F-2(housewife).
Her case no is 2014AS00008***. I think this case number is still high.

Do any body from previous experience(s) can tell about our chances?

Also does holding clean F-1/F-2 status makes it better to process as AOS or is it better with CP?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Fulbari

Aos?

I am not saying that at all. Please read this whole thread in its entirety from the 1st post. If you still have questions, go ahead and ask. I can't (nobody really can) tell you if your case number is "safe", you just need to understand your options and their consequences first, before making any decision.

You can extend your I-20 but you should have a good reason so that you don't give the impression that you are doing it just to stay in US.

hi aos13, thanks, but..

1. when i called kentucky, they told me to send my dsp 122 asap then file AOS - is it wrong?
2. are you saying i should extend my i20 first then send my dsp 122?

hi aos13, thanks, but..

1. when i called kentucky, they told me to send my dsp 122 asap then file AOS - is it wrong?
2. are you saying i should extend my i20 first then send my dsp 122?

1. They will tell you that because they need to know how many people will actually apply, they need to do planning. Also for those from very low quota countries, timeliness is essential.
2. Extending I-20 should not be a big problem, you won't have to deal with DoS or USCIS to do that, but it won't look good that you extended it and sent DSP-122 right away. Now you are from Taiwan and apparently there is about a couple of hundred visas available for Taiwan if I'm not mistaken. So sending DSP-122 ASAP looks like a good idea, but your number is around 8000 so you'll have to wait quite some time to get an interview anyway. Doing CP seems to be in your favor, but remember that if you don't get your GC, you may not be able to come back to US. Try to inform yourself as much as you can before making a decision.

Hi All,

After years of trying, my wife is able to win the lottery this time :).
I am super excited but also worried about the chances of visa.
I am on F-1 doing Phd and she is F-2(housewife).
Her case no is 2014AS00008***. I think this case number is still high.

Do any body from previous experience(s) can tell about our chances?

Also does holding clean F-1/F-2 status makes it better to process as AOS or is it better with CP?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Fulbari

When is I-20 expiring ?

AOS? and change i-20

Hi,

I'm one of the DV winners in 2014. My CN is 2014AS00022XXX for Asia. I'm not sure if the number is high and the chance to get GC is low. Also, I'm F-1 holder in San Francisco and have to move to Boston this July. I have to change school (and i-20) for this reason. Should I go with AOS? and can I submit DSP-122 before changing i-20?

I'm so worried about this. anyone can help?

Thanks

AOS with Visitor visa

Dear Experts,
I read most of the articles here and I think I have found some info but need more clarification.
My mother-in-law won the DV2014 and her no is DV2014AS00002xxx. They are in home country now but need to visit US next month. They have B1/B2 visa. These are my worries,

- Can they apply for AOS after coming here on visitor visa? (After 90 days of arrival, I guess) Since the CN is low time is not an issue.
- Will there be any issue at the point-of-entry this time due to DV? (They have visited here in the past)
- The last date of issuance of DV2014 is Sep 30th, 2014. Which means I485 has to filled before that day or should have the interview/decision/card before that?
- They have to go with a translator as they are not soo familiar with English. Is that OK? Will AOS better option as either I or known person act as the translator where in CP, embassy provides the translator?

About to return to home country to get new visa after winning the DV Lottery

Hello everyone, and congratulations to all the winners!

I'm very worried after reading this entire thread. I have been working this year with OPT for an opera company, and they are going to sponsor me for an O-1 visa (extraordinary ability, mostly for artists and athletes). I am supposed to go back to Europe this summer in order to get my passport stamped, but I won the lottery (my case number is EU00036XXX). I was planning on doing CP and going back next summer, hoping that my case would become current in June or July 2014 but now I'm afraid that the consulate in Bulgaria will deny my O-1 petition, so I wouldn't be able to return to the States in August 2013, as I need for my job.

What should I do??? Stay in the US until then?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.