• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info!

Hi Faith,

I was nervous too. I researched the best times to go for a walk-in at my assigned office and a thread I found said 2 or 2:30. Sure enough, I was there at 2:30. When I entered the building someone called me from inside and told me to stand in line if I'm ready to be processed. There was one person ahead of me in line. When it was my turn, the lady requested my appointment letter and ID, she gave me a paper to fill out and asked me to bring it back when done. Took two minutes to fill out basic information: Name, DOB...etc). When I gave her back the paper she gave me a number. I waited five minutes for it to be my turn. A technician came and got me, she was very nice, took my fingerprints, a picture, and entered some information into the computer (the info I filled out). No one even mentioned that I was early. It was a very smooth process.

Good luck to you!

Validity of I-693 Form
Me and my wife performed the medical tests and got the sealed envelopes dated October 2nd. We have also send the DV fees but not yet received the receipt. So I just want to know the validity of those medical tests. For how long can we use those results? Please let me know.
Thank you.

you have one year validity.

Hi All,

Its been almost a month since I sent my DV fee cheque and almost 3 weeks since it was cashed, but I still don't have the receipt. I am current for December and I am beginning to get concerned, how long should I wait or where do I call ? There is no number I could find for Missouri offices.

Any advise please.

Thanks.

I have the same situation...... my check was cashed 15 oct, but there's still no receipt...
Can you tell what was a result when you have called to KCC?

Can anybody give a piece of advice?

Got the Interview letter today :)

It's scheduled for 18th Nov.

One Question : For my spouse (Housewife) ,the letter mentions about filling I-134 form and have Affidavit of support or a sponsor. Isn't that is supposed to me ? It's written sponsor should be Citizen.

I have enough money on my account, but I still have never made the income tax, I'm going to do it only this year. My lawyer insists to have affidavit of support. Is this necessary to have a sponsor?

Please....., heeeeelp

I have the same situation...... my check was cashed 15 oct, but there's still no receipt...

I have enough money on my account, but I still have never made the income tax, I'm going to do it only this year. My lawyer insists to have affidavit of support. Is this necessary to have a sponsor?

Please....., heeeeelp

Dear Sm1smom, you are online now.. what luck. Can you help by answer?

Is it a necessary requirement to have a sponsor for AOS?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all! I'm not still sure about Affidavit of Support?! I'm an F1 student and when I was coming to US my father was my sponsor(still is) and I showed his bank account and the letter he got from his company stating that he will be financing me, to the embassy of US back home. And now I think it's obvious that he would be my sponsor for AOS, because I don't have any relatives or family member to be my sponsor in here! When my number will be current I'm thinking to put my fathers back home bank statement and a new letter, also I can put my US bank statement with about 7-10k. Do you think I will be good? Or if the officer will tell me it's not enough in the interview can I than find somebody and send them afterwords? Any concerns please??? I really don't think anybody will fill for that form here, because I'm a student and people I know here are just my school friends. Thanks in advance!

I was on the same boat and during my interview, the officer didn't ask for my sponsors though I manage to get two. I think your I20 is a proof that you are financially okay. What I can advice you is to get an updated bank statement and a new letter. The officers are aware of most international students situation. During my interview, the officer was more concerned about my status. He wanted to make sure that I was still going to school etc

I was on the same boat and during my interview, the officer didn't ask for my sponsors though I manage to get two. I think your I20 is a proof that you are financially okay. What I can advice you is to get an updated bank statement and a new letter. The officers are aware of most international students situation. During my interview, the officer was more concerned about my status. He wanted to make sure that I was still going to school etc

Thanks a lot emir for your response! You indeed made it easier it for me. So yes I will get an updated bank statement and a letter! Thank you so much

Dv2014 As 101XX Is this too high for AOS?? DEC visa cutt off is frustrating for ASIA

Hello anyone can figure out , My turn will come or not :confused:? Hoping positively here. Planning for AOS, F1 student, visa expired but valid I-20.....

Thanks.

Please help,

I made this post earlier as well but could not get any answer.

I am from ASIA and my CN: 3XXX. I am currently on F-1 visa and have already sent required forms to Dept of States (I guess thats the name) with $330 ( I already received receipt).

PROBLEM:
I need to apply for CPT (I am not graduating soon so OPT can be avoided). Will that affect my DV process form what I hear because of Dual Intent?
I went though a hell of internet before troubling u guys.

Thanks in advance.

Please....., heeeeelp

Dear Sm1smom, you are online now.. what luck. Can you help by answer?

Is it a necessary requirement to have a sponsor for AOS?

It typically takes 2 - 4 weeks for payment receipt to be sent back. So you may want to give it one or two more weeks. You can also give KCC a call to find out if the receipt has been sent.

Having a sponsor is NOT a must, but it helps with certain cases. If you have enough money in your bank account, you can show that at the time of your interview. If however you've been working in the past and have not bothered to file income tax, the IO may notice and would be interested as to why you've not been filing. So be prepared with a good explanation if that is your case.

Hi there I would like to cancel a duplicated dv lottery entrance wrongly done one by myself and another one by a company that I paid to do that.
Please suggest me the way to don't invalidate my diversity lottery for 2014

Sorry, but your application is toast! There's no way to withdraw an entry.

Please help,

I am from ASIA and my CN: 3XXX. I am currently on F-1 visa and have already sent required forms to Dept of States (I guess thats the name) with $330 ( I already received receipt).

PROBLEM:
I need to apply for CPT (I am not graduating soon so OPT can be avoided). Will that affect my DV process form what I hear because of Dual Intent?

Thanks in advance.

Correct me if I'm wrong. CPT is for the purpose of allowing you to work for up to 20 hours a week in a field related to your major, while your studies are ongoing, you still have a valid I-20 - correct? If yes, then IMO, applying for CPT (following your DV payment) will NOT negatively impact your DV process.

Please help,

PROBLEM:

Thanks in advance.
The latest CIS rule is that you can only do CPT if it's a required component of your college course. It's authorized by your college's international student officer (instead of the CIS) and rolled into your I-20, so it is basically part of your class. DV doesn't affect it.

It typically takes 2 - 4 weeks for payment receipt to be sent back. So you may want to give it one or two more weeks. You can also give KCC a call to find out if the receipt has been sent.

Having a sponsor is NOT a must, but it helps with certain cases. If you have enough money in your bank account, you can show that at the time of your interview. If however you've been working in the past and have not bothered to file income tax, the IO may notice and would be interested as to why you've not been filing. So be prepared with a good explanation if that is your case.

Thank you very much!!
The company's activities have been started since march 2012. Therefore I didn't do report on taxes.
Plus, the board's decision was that I will develop the company at the expense of my own investments.
Maybe should I put these documents in the overall package?
Or: Is it not necessary to put financial evidence in the package or only to bring to the interview?
how should I proceed?

Thank you for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please....., heeeeelp
My check was cashed on the 10th and still no receipt. A bit early to get worried. Give it a couple more weeks.

Correct me if I'm wrong. CPT is for the purpose of allowing you to work for up to 20 hours a week in a field related to your major, while your studies are ongoing, you still have a valid I-20 - correct? If yes, then IMO, applying for CPT (following your DV payment) will NOT negatively impact your DV process.

Thanks a lot. Saved my day

The latest CIS rule is that you can only do CPT if it's a required component of your college course. It's
authorized by your college's international student officer (instead of the CIS) and rolled into your I-20, so it is basically part of your class. DV doesn't affect it.

Thanks a lot :)

In the Biometric Information;
Current Husband or Wife (If none, so state)
Family Name (For wife, give maiden name)

Do we have to just write the last name of the current husband
last name
OR write
HUSBAND, last name?

Hi All,

Its been almost a month since I sent my DV fee cheque and almost 3 weeks since it was cashed, but I still don't have the receipt. I am current for December and I am beginning to get concerned, how long should I wait or where do I call ? There is no number I could find for Missouri offices.

Any advise please.

Thanks.

Please....., heeeeelp

My check was cashed on the 10th and still no receipt. A bit early to get worried. Give it a couple more weeks.

Strange! I just received an e-mail from KCC with the DV payment receipt attached as a PDF. I didn't inquire about it at all. I have not received the receipt in the mail yet.

Strange! I just received an e-mail from KCC with the DV payment receipt attached as a PDF. I didn't inquire about it at all. I have not received the receipt in the mail yet.

Same here.

EDIT: I had forgotten to include a self-addressed envelope! Facepalm!

Status
Not open for further replies.