• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
DV Fee Receipt

Hi All,

Its been almost a month since I sent my DV fee cheque and almost 3 weeks since it was cashed, but I still don't have the receipt. I am current for December and I am beginning to get concerned, how long should I wait or where do I call ? There is no number I could find for Missouri offices.

Any advise please.

Thanks.

I hear you! Although I know it usually takes 30-60 days in my area to schedule an interview after the bio appointment, and yet I'm checking my case status 100 times a day and wondering if I'll receive something in the mail. I've started to read a book on Patience because this whole thing is driving me crazy!

I hope the delay you're experiences is just a delay in acceptance and has no negative impact on your case. Good Luck!

Hi Dv Perm, I see you walked in for Biometrics, what did you tell them when you went? also did you go later in the day when they are not that busy? We are thinking of doing the same and not waiting till the day of our appointment but kind of nervous about it :) Thanks!

Hi all! I'm not still sure about Affidavit of Support?! I'm an F1 student and when I was coming to US my father was my sponsor(still is) and I showed his bank account and the letter he got from his company stating that he will be financing me, to the embassy of US back home. And now I think it's obvious that he would be my sponsor for AOS, because I don't have any relatives or family member to be my sponsor in here! When my number will be current I'm thinking to put my fathers back home bank statement and a new letter, also I can put my US bank statement with about 7-10k. Do you think I will be good? Or if the officer will tell me it's not enough in the interview can I than find somebody and send them afterwords? Any concerns please??? I really don't think anybody will fill for that form here, because I'm a student and people I know here are just my school friends. Thanks in advance!

Hi Dv Perm, I see you walked in for Biometrics, what did you tell them when you went? also did you go later in the day when they are not that busy? We are thinking of doing the same and not waiting till the day of our appointment but kind of nervous about it :) Thanks!

It depends. In my case, we (four of us) try to do a walkin at Boston at about 1.30p,. The office close at 4pm. The supervisor refused to entertain us. He wanted proof. I told him I have to travel but he ask me to show the proof. I told him I have not booked. He gave me a few days from 29 to 31st Oct. I picked 29. My original appt was 8th nov.

The timing they gave me was morning 9 o'clock. According to them , it is less crowded in the morning than afternoon.

Got the Interview letter today :)

It's scheduled for 18th Nov.

One Question : For my spouse (Housewife) ,the letter mentions about filling I-134 form and have Affidavit of support or a sponsor. Isn't that is supposed to me ? It's written sponsor should be Citizen.

Wondering how much time Interview letter takes to come from NOA/BIO date. Last year data ranges from 5 days - 60 days.

This year Spice2013 got it before the Bio-metrics which means it is not a criteria for scheduling interview and your file goes to field office sooner.

My Biometrics was done on 10/16 and waiting.

One Question : For my spouse (Housewife) ,the letter mentions about filling I-134 form and have Affidavit of support or a sponsor. Isn't that is supposed to me ? It's written sponsor should be Citizen.

Congrats EU, I am still waiting for mine. I hope to get it this week. So it is sent by each FO and not Missouri, am I right? You can find out about the origin of the letter by the stamp on the back of the letter. It shows the origin of the letter.

Congrats my friend.

Hi,

Who is the primary applicant? you or your wife?

I'm the Primary applicant ( Lottery winner ) and on H1B having stable job and income to show.

My wife (dependent applicant) on H4.

That is strange. Some members of this forum suggested that only principle applicant need I-134 form if necessary. Since you are primary applicant with H-1 job (I-134 would not be necessary) and why they would need sponsor for your wife? Have you have submitted your employment information and w-2s during I-485 application?

I also have lots of concerns about I-134 form. My spouse (housewife) is principle applicant and I will have a sponsor for her. I am on F-1, has a job as TA but wondering if I need a sponsor as well.

My suggestion my friend, make I-134 for your wife. I am also doing that. You just need to be ready to provide anything if they ask in the interview otherwise there may be unnecessary delay in the process.

Hi Faith,

I was nervous too. I researched the best times to go for a walk-in at my assigned office and a thread I found said 2 or 2:30. Sure enough, I was there at 2:30. When I entered the building someone called me from inside and told me to stand in line if I'm ready to be processed. There was one person ahead of me in line. When it was my turn, the lady requested my appointment letter and ID, she gave me a paper to fill out and asked me to bring it back when done. Took two minutes to fill out basic information: Name, DOB...etc). When I gave her back the paper she gave me a number. I waited five minutes for it to be my turn. A technician came and got me, she was very nice, took my fingerprints, a picture, and entered some information into the computer (the info I filled out). No one even mentioned that I was early. It was a very smooth process.

Good luck to you!

Hi all! I'm not still sure about Affidavit of Support?! I'm an F1 student and when I was coming to US my father was my sponsor(still is) and I showed his bank account and the letter he got from his company stating that he will be financing me, to the embassy of US back home. And now I think it's obvious that he would be my sponsor for AOS, because I don't have any relatives or family member to be my sponsor in here! When my number will be current I'm thinking to put my fathers back home bank statement and a new letter, also I can put my US bank statement with about 7-10k. Do you think I will be good? Or if the officer will tell me it's not enough in the interview can I than find somebody and send them afterwords? Any concerns please??? I really don't think anybody will fill for that form here, because I'm a student and people I know here are just my school friends. Thanks in advance!

Validity of I-693 Form
Me and my wife performed the medical tests and got the sealed envelopes dated October 2nd. We have also send the DV fees but not yet received the receipt. So I just want to know the validity of those medical tests. For how long can we use those results? Please let me know.
Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Congrats EU on your interview appointment! Hopefully it'll all go smoothly.

Did your case status online change yet? Or is it still in Acceptance or Initial Review?

Still in acceptance.

I think as Spice2013 mentioned - it will remain there until and after Interview , till approval and card production.

Congrats EU on your interview appointment! Hopefully it'll all go smoothly.

Did your case status online change yet? Or is it still in Acceptance or Initial Review?

Help Needed to cancel duplicated dv lottery application

Hi there I would like to cancel a duplicated dv lottery entrance wrongly done one by myself and another one by a company that I paid to do that.
Please suggest me the way to don't invalidate my diversity lottery for 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.