• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Suggestion for the moderators:

Would you consider starting a thread or a spreadsheet where members and users can list the names of good immigration lawyers they know? This might be of great help for a lot of people. Of course, giving the name of the lawyer does not guarantee that the person hiring him or her would get approved.

I think that would be a VERY short list. Most of the posts where people have used lawyers the experience has been from bad (the lawyer made things slower/more complicated) to neutral (meaning the lawyer didn't do anything bad but didn't make things much simpler/better)

There might be a few (very few) lawyers that have genuine experience, but as we have discussed many times hiring a lawyer is unnecessary for AoS in 90/95% of the cases.

Suggestion for the moderators:

Would you consider starting a thread or a spreadsheet where members and users can list the names of good immigration lawyers they know? This might be of great help for a lot of people. Of course, giving the name of the lawyer does not guarantee that the person hiring him or her would get approved.

As moderators we really shouldn't be doing that as people with no idea of what led to the decision could turn around and interpret it as endorsing a particular attorney/lawyer. Also the DV process is typically a straightforward one which needs no lawyer involvement.

However any forum member interested in doing so is free to start such a spreadsheet and direct people to its existence if there's ever such a need.

I know some of you might want to know this breaking news.
I just got a text message noticing my status just changed 30 mins ago.
I could hear my heart pounding. I nervously opened the link......

I am in tears again, but this time it is all good ones. (Hope I didn't read it wrong).
I think this feeling is way better and fabulous than winning an Oscar award. It is not because I am becoming green, but it is the strength to fight the unknown to the end. No pain, no gain. I think I can relate to it well.

First, I want to start with a big thank you to Simon!!! It was because of you who used your own time to come up with two strong defending statement letters very quickly to have them reopen the case in such a short time. Also, many of you, including mom, boston_aos, Mammad, wreck_it_ralph, Kingkong, CWH, c1984, andyaos, betty 123, urbanite, kukilask, 2014Euro40xxx, vladekl5425, lfitis2be, tonyLA, hopper, Ngalob0123..... ,who have given me lots of great advices and supports, even I don't know you personally, but I thank you deeply from bottom of my heart.

2014 AOS journey of this post may stop here, but the bound among this 2014 AOS family will never end. I hope you all the best. Let me know if I can help you with anything in the future. Thank you! ^^
What a victory jj777 !
That makes this thread now victorious, thanks

I am in tears again, but this time it is all good ones. (Hope I didn't read it wrong).
I think this feeling is way better and fabulous than winning an Oscar award. It is not because I am becoming green, but it is the strength to fight the unknown to the end. No pain, no gain. I think I can relate to it well.

First, I want to start with a big thank you to Simon!!! It was because of you who used your own time to come up with two strong defending statement letters very quickly to have them reopen the case in such a short time. Also, many of you, including mom, boston_aos, Mammad, wreck_it_ralph, Kingkong, CWH, c1984, andyaos, betty 123, urbanite, kukilask, 2014Euro40xxx, vladekl5425, lfitis2be, tonyLA, hopper, Ngalob0123..... ,who have given me lots of great advices and supports, even I don't know you personally, but I thank you deeply from bottom of my heart.

2014 AOS journey of this post may stop here, but the bound among this 2014 AOS family will never end. I hope you all the best. Let me know if I can help you with anything in the future. Thank you! ^^
oh, my gosh!!! i got goosebumps reading your post! i am really really happy for you!!! congrats :)

I'm so happy to hear this!!!! How incredible that they can be "so sure" to deny your AoS one moment and then approve it because they finally admit their mistake. It shouldn't be this random - but it is a lesson for us all....

The door on 2014 is closing fast - but all of the member cases have now got through!! I have to say the props on this thread should go to Sm1sMom. She is who I turned to for help on my case - and she has seen us all through. She is the team coach - I am just standing here with pom poms....

Awww Simon, so sweet of you

audrey-blush-gif.gif

And I ...................

beyonce-2.gif

take a bow to say THANK YOU TO YOU AND THE REST OF THE HOUSE for your contributions too

The time has come. It was great sharing the journey with your guys. We shared moments of happiness and moments of despair. I'm glad it all ended well.

As my real life commitments have grown significantly, I will not be able to frequent this great forum like before.

I'm glad that our paths crossed. I learned a lot from you guys.

See you in the citizenship forum in 4.5 years! :)

Hi Everybody,

I just came back from visiting my family back home for two weeks. I had an extremely limited internet over there, but was thinking about everybody from the forum whose interview was pending or case still in process.
Sooooo:
My sincere congratulations to my July /August supportive friends @urbanite, @wreck_it_ralph, @Mammad on getting green-ed, so happy for you!!!
Also-congrats to @CWH’s sister (@iAmmy), and a message from me that I hope your sister knows how lucky she is to have such an amazing and supporting brother :). That thought crossed my mind so many times I read your postings, so I had to vocalize it here!
@andyaos-my heart would break every time I read your postings…So happy that you completed your interview and that your family can finally relax and move on to the next step…and your wife can focus on the baby that needs her!
@jj777-with attorney’s help, I know you can bring your case to justice! I can see that you are strong and active and taking all the right steps, so please persevere, you can do it!!!

Congrats also to everybody else that got green-ed , everybody also on CP forum and all other DV forums (btw, @Chicago2014‘s postings and late correspondence with @franko @vladek15245 are hilarious!!!) that I did not list, here, but you are in my thoughts-good luck everybody!

Again and again and again, still my deep R-E-S-P-E-C-T and gratitude to @Sm1smom, @Britsimon, also @SusieQQQ for still taking your time and energy to help members of this forum when they need help the most, with this stressful but rewarding journey!
How rewarding??? Symbolic example…Upon lending @ JFK airport, after long and exhausting trip this Sunday, for the first time I did not have to line up at the “Visitors /Visas” (huuuuuuuge) line! Instead, I was directed to go to the “US Citizens and Permanent Residents” line!!!
And, for the first time, smiling IO (instead of “Enjoy your visit”) greeted me with “Welcome Back Home!!!”
Needless to say, I cried!

To my extended international family from this forum, I think about you all, forever grateful for this experience!!! Please, everybody let us finish strong and make our teachers/moderators and each other proud!!!

Yours,
2014Euro40XXX
well said @2014Euro40XXX. i think your post here could well serve as the wrap-up of our 2014 AOS with the happy update of @jj777. and welcome back home :)

Congraaaaats JJ777:)

Hi everyone , i eventually got a chance to go for interview, next day I saw status of card production then within the hour changed to decision on 18th, may I kindly check when does it go back to card production with tracking info? What's the usual time frame? Thanks for your help!

Hi everyone , i eventually got a chance to go for interview, next day I saw status of card production then within the hour changed to decision on 18th, may I kindly check when does it go back to card production with tracking info? What's the usual time frame? Thanks for your help!

For me, my tracking number appeared after about 1 week and I think I had the GC in hand on day 9.