• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Yes,
A note of caution for people considering using the ombudsman's office to expedite their case - it is not a quick fix option. As a matter of fact, it's supposed to be used after all other available avenues such as calling USCIS, infopass and using the congressperson have been exhausted. It is not the first step option for getting an answer from USCIS.

http://www.dhs.gov/case-assistance
Yes, used it as your last resort. To make the story short, here are my panic requests 2 weeks after interview:
1. I had 5 infopass: all failed and told to wait.
2.Contacted congressman: told me they got response from USCIS saying allow them 45 days to review the pending background case. I wished I had another 45 days to wait.
3.Had 1800 level 2 sent two expedite requests: got an email and a mail indicating the case is still under review.
4.wrote an email to obama on white house website: no response
5. Called KCC and emailed FBI: confirmed my case and name check result both back to FO in mid June.
6.called FO: only voice mail. No one ever answered the phone.
7.wrote a mail to FO Director: no response
8. Sent online request to ombudsma last week.
9. Went to church and prayed for miracle 2 days ago, even though I am not religious. Will go find some temples and mosques to pray this weekend.

Last edited:
Yes,

Yes, used it as your last resort. To make the story short, here are my panic requests 2 weeks after interview:
2.Contacted congressman: told me they got response from USCIS saying allow them 45 days to review the pending background case. I wished I had another 45 days to wait.
3.Had 1800 level 2 sent two expedite requests: got an email and a mail indicating the case is still under review.
5. Called KCC and emailed FBI: confirmed my case and name check result both back to FO in mid June.
9. Went to church and prayed for miracle 2 days ago, even I am not religious.
my sister and i will have you in our prayer.

Don't lose hope..People there are professionals and seem to know what they are doing..I am confident your case will be adjudicated before the end of the fiscal year

Yes,

9. Went to church and prayed for miracle 2 days ago, even I am not religious.
if you pay them another visit, ask for Sandra Burns she is the supervisor of the Boston FO.

Have another infopass on the 19th. Will go talk to this Sandra Block sweetheart. Thank you boston-sos.

Alright. Someone PLEASE tell me what is going on! I checked my case status online about 20 min ago and it said acceptance. I checked it again now and it says card production! Is this by anyway a mistake in their system? It is 6:40PM even USCIS NCSC is not available at this hour! :eek: I WANNA believe this but it does not sound right!!!

Alright. Someone PLEASE tell me what is going on! I checked my case status online about 20 min ago and it said acceptance. I checked it again now and it says card production! Is this by anyway a mistake in their system? It is 6:40PM even USCIS NCSC is not available at this hour! :eek: I WANNA believe this but it does not sound right!!!
you are green @Mammad !!! congrats :)

I doubt that's a mistake - CPD baby - it's a beautiful thing!!!!!

I only have an hour and 15 minutes left on my bet for Urbanite - maybe my prayer was heard as "make Mammad alright"

Dear Simon , Mom, and forum participants,
I had my interview about 2 hours ago and it went quite well. I went there too early at 11 am when my interview was at 1pm. Waited until 1:30 to see the IO. I went to the interview suffering from a severe cold and started coughing while he was entering the info. I asked him if I could go drink some water since I was almost suffocating he said yes. He asked me the usual questions then took my I-94 and work permits and told me you got approved. I asked him if he pulled my visa from IVAMSWEB and he replied of course. 10 minutes later I received a text saying your status has changed.

Thank you Simon from your brotherly advices and precious insight. Thank you Mom for being always there for us and serving as our second Mom here in the US. Both of you are truly irreplaceable.
I also would like to thank CWH, lookmanohands, Matteos, and Vladdy, for their advices and wishes.

I wish the rest of us who are still awaiting there green card the best of luck.
So so so happy for you boston-aos :)

The aos thread is giving me heart palpitations tonite ;)
Glad you got it dude, so by now we have only urbanite and jj77 rigfht ?!

No way! Mammad. You can't leave me alone.
Nobody is leaving you alone my dear friend. Hearts/wishes/prayers of all of us is with you. It seems like by approaching the end of fiscal year, USCIS is finally getting things more seriously. I am confident that your status will change soon too @jj777 .

Reactions: CWH
It is my turn to thank all the awesome people contributing to this forum and offering their help and support without the slightest amount of expectations! I really mean it when I say whenever I faced a failure in this journey you guys were my only source of solace. I specially need to thank @Sm1smom, @Britsimon, @wreck_it_ralph, @jj777, @Aria, @c1984 for their great advises without whom I would have given up thousands of times. To those who are still waiting to become green: I know with all my heart how frustrated you might feel right now. But do not lose your hope. I was advised not to sit in grief and waste time when there is still an opportunity to fight! I tell you the same thing. We still have 18 golden days. Try your best and hang in there just a tad more! You won't even remember these hard days 5 years from now when you are studying for the citizenship test! ;)

Just a small update:
We didn't check our mailbox often because we are so busy to take care of baby:rolleyes:, ha...
today, I check mailbox, guess what?
we receive our welcome letter and GC!!
Only one week after our interview.
So happy. And thank Simon and Mom again!!!!!
Also, good luck of the rest of you who are still waiting.
you will be fine eventually. ;)

Just a small update:
We didn't check our mailbox often because we are so busy to take care of baby:rolleyes:, ha...
today, I check mailbox, guess what?
we receive our welcome letter and GC!!
Only one week after our interview.
So happy. And thank Simon and Mom again!!!!!
Also, good luck of the rest of you who are still waiting.
you will be fine eventually. ;)

Awesome - they are really pretty huh!