• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Am GREEN!!!!!! Card production!

To Britsimon, oven pecks n Sms1mom your the best! Wouldn't have known what to do without all this info available here. I feel like am a pro n ready to help 2015 selectees lol.

For those still waiting hang in there n those with interviews all the best. This forum is all you need.

Thanks everyone!!!

Another success! Congratulations!!!

Congratulations!!! Very happy for you. Best wishes

I AM GREEN!!!

Just found out my status is in Card/Document production! (I didn't receive a text or email for notification. I have been frantically checking out my status online)

Thanks to @Sm1smom and @Fiefia for putting together the most useful DV AOS guide online. Without it, I would be lost in this "journey".

Special thanks to @Britsimon for responses to my questions, putting together the CEAC data, and being an awesome person overall.

You have been extremely supportive!!!

@jj777 and @Mammad and the rest of us who didn't get the visa: Follow up with your applications, be as attentive as you can, and don't waste time panicking or stressing. @Mammad should be at least glad to know that things are moving forward in Philadelphia FO.

I have updated the spreadsheet and will keep updating it when I receive the card and welcome letter. I would like to take this opportunity to remind the people on this forum doing the same :)

Am GREEN!!!!!! Card production!

To Britsimon, oven pecks n Sms1mom your the best! Wouldn't have known what to do without all this info available here. I feel like am a pro n ready to help 2015 selectees lol.

For those still waiting hang in there n those with interviews all the best. This forum is all you need.

Thanks everyone!!!

And that's awesome! Congratulations. Please update the DV timeline with your info. That's a starting point for helping the DV2015 selectees

http://goo.gl/LYZ1s8

Didn't forget abt you wreck it Ralph you've been a great contributor I know what it feels like to be in limbo state and feel like your hopeless and can't do much lol congs too.

606-526-7500. EU number, name, DOB, and sometimes address (some reps ask, most of them don't). That's all you need.
The checklist items are the ones listed on your IL (minus I-864). If KCC file is sent, and you have the items on your IL, you are good to go. Go through mom's interview tips on the google doc as well in case I'm missing something.
So I called KCC today.They are super friendly comparing to USCIS customer service in 1 min I got what I need.
My FO already requested my file on August 13 th so I assume it is already there like my lawyer said.He got really good inside information so far.He talked my FO director again and he mentioned that this year there wont be any deadline they are trying to go to the last day and unlike the rumours around there is no news came to them for visas being exhausted this year.It looks like the people in Los Angeles looks like what they are doing because I had my bio done on 13 th my lawyer contacted them and same day they requested my KCC file.
Fingers crossed until the 18th.I believe if we make it until the 18th we will have a result that day coz seems like they have everything.

So I called KCC today.They are super friendly comparing to USCIS customer service in 1 min I got what I need.
My FO already requested my file on August 13 th so I assume it is already there like my lawyer said.He got really good inside information so far.He talked my FO director again and he mentioned that this year there wont be any deadline they are trying to go to the last day and unlike the rumours around there is no news came to them for visas being exhausted this year.It looks like the people in Los Angeles looks like what they are doing because I had my bio done on 13 th my lawyer contacted them and same day they requested my KCC file.
Fingers crossed until the 18th.I believe if we make it until the 18th we will have a result that day coz seems like they have everything.
Things look good on your side. Just keep us updated.

My interviewer said similar thing about the deadline. Something like there are "regression visas" available after the deadline. However, the law doesn't mention such thing. Anytime after sept 30th is risky waters. Don't swim there. Get your visa allocated before the sept 30th. The plastic can come later, but visa allocation before the 30th is crucial.

It's another piece of the puzzle falling in to place. While I think you will be ok for the 18th, it is going to be tight. It might be worth having a word with your lawyer to see if they can bring your interview forward. His contact at the FO might be useful for that. The reason I'm saying that is that todays CEAC extract shows 47324 issued globally - that doesn't include AoS cases which we normally reckon to be about 2k globally. That means we are only around 1.5k visas short of the 51k issued last year. There are over 5k AP cases and thousands of ready cases. It is hard to imagine this process continuing until 9/30. So - I am not saying 9/18 is no good - it is just riskier than your lawyer and the FO director seem to understand - so if he can use his influence to bring it forward, that would be wise.

Things look good on your side. Just keep us updated.

My interviewer said similar thing about the deadline. Something like there are "regression visas" available after the deadline. However, the law doesn't mention such thing. Anytime after sept 30th is risky waters. Don't swim there. Get your visa allocated before the sept 30th. The plastic can come later, but visa allocation before the 30th is crucial.

The IO was talking out of his butt. DV cannot go past 9/30 and regression visas is specific to FB/EB based applications. Like you say - not good waters to be swimming in....

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...dance for Comment/regressed-visa-12-15-10.pdf

The IO was talking out of his butt. DV cannot go past 9/30 and regression visas is specific to FB/EB based applications. Like you say - not good waters to be swimming in....

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Outreach/Interim Guidance for Comment/regressed-visa-12-15-10.pdf

Yep. I didn't believe him either when I was holding 9 FAM printouts that yell:
ATTENTION: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES CAN A VISA BE ISSUED OR AN
ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS OCCUR IN YOUR CASE AFTER SEPTEMBER 30

@tonyLA 's lawyer should know better, but he doesn't. I think the best course of action for him is to convince his lawyer that he has to have his case approved asap. Convincing the interviewer to take immediate action is the next step if needed.

Yep. I didn't believe him either when I was holding 9 FAM printouts that yell:
ATTENTION: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES CAN A VISA BE ISSUED OR AN
ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS OCCUR IN YOUR CASE AFTER SEPTEMBER 30

@tonyLA 's lawyer should know better, but he doesn't. I think the best course of action for him is to convince his lawyer that he has to have his case approved asap. Convincing the interviewer to take immediate action is the next step if needed.

Yeah but come on - for only $300 an hour any lawyer would be happy to argue that "UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES" is ambiguous...

In Tony's case the 18th should still be ok - but I'd be keen to get it done earlier if possible....

It's another piece of the puzzle falling in to place. While I think you will be ok for the 18th, it is going to be tight. It might be worth having a word with your lawyer to see if they can bring your interview forward. His contact at the FO might be useful for that. The reason I'm saying that is that todays CEAC extract shows 47324 issued globally - that doesn't include AoS cases which we normally reckon to be about 2k globally. That means we are only around 1.5k visas short of the 51k issued last year. There are over 5k AP cases and thousands of ready cases. It is hard to imagine this process continuing until 9/30. So - I am not saying 9/18 is no good - it is just riskier than your lawyer and the FO director seem to understand - so if he can use his influence to bring it forward, that would be wise.

I've lost count of how many silent chuckles I've had every time I read about Tony's feedback regarding his lawyer. The lawyer no doubt is trying to appear like he's earning his pay, talking about inside contacts and such, meanwhile almost every thing he's said has been contrary to what we have been able to dig up as lay people.

I've lost count of how many silent chuckles I've had every time I read about Tony's feedback regarding his lawyer. The lawyer no doubt is trying to appear like he's earning his pay, talking about inside contacts and such, meanwhile almost every thing he's said has been contrary to what we have been able to dig up as lay people.

Well yeah - I'm sure there are "some" lawyers that know DV - but not many. I can totally believe the FO not having a clue about visas being exhausted - they have no reason to be looking at the various statements being posted on embassy websites around the world - so they are just like the blind man falling out of the skyscraper - as he was hurtling past each floor he was heard to be saying "So far so good, so far so good....."

Well yeah - I'm sure there are "some" lawyers that know DV - but not many. I can totally believe the FO not having a clue about visas being exhausted - they have no reason to be looking at the various statements being posted on embassy websites around the world - so they are just like the blind man falling out of the skyscraper - as he was hurtling past each floor he was heard to be saying "So far so good, so far so good....."

lol..... yeah, so far so good!

Yeah but come on - for only $300 an hour any lawyer would be happy to argue that "UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES" is ambiguous...

In Tony's case the 18th should still be ok - but I'd be keen to get it done earlier if possible....
:)) Well I was not so knowlegable about Dv until I found here.You guys are great but I am quiet good at H1 visas, eb2, eb3 green card visas e visas and this not a $300 lawyer:) If I say how much I paid him for mine and wifes Dv case you guys will laugh bevause it is a simple case but I knew from day 1, I dont want to do CP because I have another alternative of eb2 which is at i-485 stage and trust me this not bullshit type lawyer because he told me i talk to the director at the 13th of august and they will request paper and they really did learned from KCC today, he told me at 2nd of September just After labor day that he will have a meeting with director for about some other client cases and push for my interview and our IO letter sent on the 2nd and handy at 3rd, so overall he cant do better.I agree with Simon and will talk to him tomorrow to make it earlier but I dont have too much hope on that.
Thank you Simon for supporting me that I will be ok for the 18th.I understand your concerns but I still believe that they are more flexible on AOS cases and I belive that this program is ending September 30th(maybe 26th Friday)
I am maybe too optimistic but we will see...