• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

:)) Well I was not so knowlegable about Dv until I found here.You guys are great but I am quiet good at H1 visas, eb2, eb3 green card visas e visas and this not a $300 lawyer:) If I say how much I paid him for mine and wifes Dv case you guys will laugh bevause it is a simple case but I knew from day 1, I dont want to do CP because I have another alternative of eb2 which is at i-485 stage and trust me this not bullshit type lawyer because he told me i talk to the director at the 13th of august and they will request paper and they really did learned from KCC today, he told me at 2nd of September just After labor day that he will have a meeting with director for about some other client cases and push for my interview and our IO letter sent on the 2nd and handy at 3rd, so overall he cant do better.I agree with Simon and will talk to him tomorrow to make it earlier but I dont have too much hope on that.
Thank you Simon for supporting me that I will be ok for the 18th.I understand your concerns but I still believe that they are more flexible on AOS cases and I belive that this program is ending September 30th(maybe 26th Friday)
I am maybe too optimistic but we will see...

OkTony - it ios your call - and we will cross our fingers for you. I think the more flexibility you mention is a concept of pre-allocating visas for AoS cases. We have documents that prove that is not correct, but on the other hand I would find it somewhat amazing if they would be so cavalier with our application fees - so I sort of see what you mean - even though the only proof we have says otherwise.

OkTony - it ios your call - and we will cross our fingers for you. I think the more flexibility you mention is a concept of pre-allocating visas for AoS cases. We have documents that prove that is not correct, but on the other hand I would find it somewhat amazing if they would be so cavalier with our application fees - so I sort of see what you mean - even though the only proof we have says otherwise.
Yes that is what I mean and I just believe in it even it is not written anywhere or proven but I believe the human factor in it.Most of you got your visas already so happy for you maybe I am wrong but this is what I believe and I cant prove it because I am here in this country for almost 9 years and I had much harder cases than that, h1b's(new one, transfer, extension) perm which is much more complicated and finally I-140 none of them have crazy deadlines except the first h1b but all of them were very complicated and everytime I was so pessimist about it but I somehow got all of them approved and at the end of the day if you are legal not out of status, not being part of a crime and the most importantly paying your taxes and not doing any fraud paperwork this country welcomes you and this DV process is a much less complicated case.If the visas run out at the 17th what we can do it was a luck anyways with a very high number and that wont work out.I want this thing to happen too much coz I dont want to depend on my company but it is what it is and I still believe everybody has 3 more weeks.
Have a good one everybody.
Thank you for the support and amazing useful information special thanks to @Britsimon

I'm not sure. I think the rarity of DV based AoS cases causes a problem that the IOs don't know how to properly process the cases. Some do, many don't. Out of all the immigrant visas process in the States, DV is a tiny percentage and no other type has a predetermined timeline. So we are dealing with people that don't seem to understand the urgency of the cases. I have to say that although my FO were bad, the IO who did my case did seem more clued up. Then again he did have my letter which clearly spelt out what he had to do!

Can't agree with you more!
Our FO is bad, but luckily the IO is knowledgeable and nice.

Britsimon, thank you for fast response. I will definitely wait until my GC arrives via mail and than travel to my country.

Sm1mom thank you for nice wishes and for all your advises, you really helped a lot people on this forum including me!

Congratulations to everybody who received LPR status and I wish good luck to others who are still waiting, I will keep crossed fingers for U guys!

I will add that my lawyer advised me to not spend more than 179 days abroad a year or otherwise I can loose my status.

I AM GREEN!!!

Just found out my status is in Card/Document production! (I didn't receive a text or email for notification. I have been frantically checking out my status online)

Thanks to @Sm1smom and @Fiefia for putting together the most useful DV AOS guide online. Without it, I would be lost in this "journey".

Special thanks to @Britsimon for responses to my questions, putting together the CEAC data, and being an awesome person overall.

You have been extremely supportive!!!

@jj777 and @Mammad and the rest of us who didn't get the visa: Follow up with your applications, be as attentive as you can, and don't waste time panicking or stressing. @Mammad should be at least glad to know that things are moving forward in Philadelphia FO.

I have updated the spreadsheet and will keep updating it when I receive the card and welcome letter. I would like to take this opportunity to remind the people on this forum doing the same :)
@wreck_it_ralph

Congratulations! So well deserved and earned! Celebrate your new status and enjoy it!
Well done :) !

Mom,

question for you and some background for you. Sorry to sound like a broken record but my status is still in Acceptance. The interviewer seemed aware of the September deadline for DV cases and the fact that this year the visas are overbooked, however as of today my status hasn't moved. I called the FO ( I had a number by chance and left a message yesterday but that hasn't moved a thing). I fear that I will loosing out what else should I do since I'm afraid the Infopass next week, may not bring any results and it may be too late ...

Congressperson or that would be too aggressive ?

Mom,

question for you and some background for you. Sorry to sound like a broken record but my status is still in Acceptance. The interviewer seemed aware of the September deadline for DV cases and the fact that this year the visas are overbooked, however as of today my status hasn't moved. I called the FO ( I had a number by chance and left a message yesterday but that hasn't moved a thing). I fear that I will loosing out what else should I do since I'm afraid the Infopass next week, may not bring any results and it may be too late ...

Congressperson or that would be too aggressive ?

No, you're not sounding like a broken record and you have every reason to be worried about your case. I'm sorry about the fact that your IO is yet to finalize your case. At this stage, I honestly don't think there's much your congress person can do, but it's worth a try. So go ahead and contact them and hear what they have to say while you're still waiting for your infopass to come around.

Hello folks,

I am also trying to update my timeline, but can't access the spreadsheet. Please help.

Really? Did you try to access it from the link posted on the AOS spreadsheet (on post 1/page 1 of this thread)?

Is any one else having difficulties accessing the spreadsheet today?

Today I had my sixth infopass after interview. I just prayed not having the same lazy lady call my number. I wasn't lucky because I had the same lady who gave me a short and no no response again. She said: "I remembered you and we are aware of DV case. We sill have 21 days to make a decision. You just wait and don't come back this often. There is nothing you can do. You cannot expedite security checks".:confused: She didn't seem to care much and very cold. Anyway, I just wrote a letter to Field Office Director by fedex express. Hopefully, I can hear from them soon. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
@alpha_wolf,

I think you probably bookmarked an older version of the spreadsheet which is no longer publicly available because it got messed up by some users. Please use the link on the AOS spreadsheet (post 1/page1) to update the current version of the Timeline in use.

Today I had my sixth infopass after interview. I just prayed not having the same lazy lady call my number. I wasn't lucky because I had the same black lady who gave me a short and no no response again. She said: "I remembered you and we are aware of DV case. We sill have 21 days to make a decision. You just wait and don't come back this often. There is nothing you can do. You cannot expedite security checks".:confused: She didn't seem to care much and very cold. Anyway, I just wrote a letter to Field Office Director by fedex express. Hopefully, I can hear from them soon. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry your infopass didn't yield any encouraging outcome, I truly hope your application gets approved eventyually.

Having said that, I must say you post comes across as racist IMO, as I don't understand why you felt a need to state the racial identity of the the person you dealt with.

I'm sorry your infopass didn't yield any encouraging outcome, I truly hope your application gets approved eventyually.

Having said that, I must say you post comes across as racist IMO, as I don't understand why you felt a need to state the racial identity of the the person you dealt with.

Agreed on two counts.

First, I hope your FO will pull their act together and approve your case soon.

Second I have to agree with Mom. I've also noticed this in the African threads where the reference is often to "white" person. As a forum of individuals all seeking our Green Cards through the Diversity lottery program, I think we can do better. Let's try.

Agreed on two counts.

First, I hope your FO will pull their act together and approve your case soon.

Second I have to agree with Mom. I've also noticed this in the African threads where the reference is often to "white" person. As a forum of individuals all seeking our Green Cards through the Diversity lottery program, I think we can do better. Let's try.

Indeed we all can strive to do better, it will equally not be tolerated on the African threads going forward.

+1 to both these posts.

Really? Did you try to access it from the link posted on the AOS spreadsheet (on post 1/page 1 of this thread)?

Is any one else having difficulties accessing the spreadsheet today?

Sorry, yes, I was using the other link. The link on page 1 is working just fine - I have updated my timeline. Thanks!