• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Simon,
I don't understand few aspects in AOS as you know ....
How come ralf-wreck had his interview but the deciscion is not made yet??!!!!

I'm not sure. I think the rarity of DV based AoS cases causes a problem that the IOs don't know how to properly process the cases. Some do, many don't. Out of all the immigrant visas process in the States, DV is a tiny percentage and no other type has a predetermined timeline. So we are dealing with people that don't seem to understand the urgency of the cases. I have to say that although my FO were bad, the IO who did my case did seem more clued up. Then again he did have my letter which clearly spelt out what he had to do!

I already booked one for next Wednesday. They say that your case is just waiting a decision for two weeks in your interviewer's office and they say it to my face! How irresponsible is that?! Arrrrrrgh:mad:
Mine making decision took over 3 weeks... :/

I had interview previous week and everything went so smoothly. My case was approved and I got green card. Interview was on time. Questions were about passport, I-94, EAD, OPT, I-485 form questions, proof of status and proof of financial support. I am from Europe. I found this forum very useful and I would like to thank all people who shared their thoughts and experience here, especially BritSimon and Sm1mom. I have one question: my father is ill and I would like to visit him and stay in my country for two months to spend some time with him. Can you please tell me should it wait to receive my GC via mail to travel or I can use my advance parol card?

I am asking because I am not sure about traveling procedure with GC. Should I have some stamp in my passport from USCIS office as permition I can travel abroad, and where I can find some additional information about that. I apologize because I posted this question here but maybe other people will have similar issue after receiving LPR status.

I had interview previous week and everything went so smoothly. My case was approved and I got green card. Interview was on time. Questions were about passport, I-94, EAD, OPT, I-485 form questions, proof of status and proof of financial support. I am from Europe. I found this forum very useful and I would like to thank all people who shared their thoughts and experience here, especially BritSimon and Sm1mom. I have one question: my father is ill and I would like to visit him and stay in my country for two months to spend some time with him. Can you please tell me should it wait to receive my GC via mail to travel or I can use my advance parol card?

GCs seem to be coming back very quickly at the moment (1 or 2 weeks), so by the time you book your flights you will probably have it. When you re-enter you show the GC with the passport...

Congratulations on your successful interview.

You should wait for your GC before you leave the country, you will need it in order to come back. You can no longer use the AP card since your case is already approved, that card is no longer valid. The GC usually arrives within 2 - 3 weeks of when you got approved.

I AM GREEN!!!

Just found out my status is in Card/Document production! (I didn't receive a text or email for notification. I have been frantically checking out my status online)

Thanks to @Sm1smom and @Fiefia for putting together the most useful DV AOS guide online. Without it, I would be lost in this "journey".

Special thanks to @Britsimon for responses to my questions, putting together the CEAC data, and being an awesome person overall.

You have been extremely supportive!!!

@jj777 and @Mammad and the rest of us who didn't get the visa: Follow up with your applications, be as attentive as you can, and don't waste time panicking or stressing. @Mammad should be at least glad to know that things are moving forward in Philadelphia FO.

I have updated the spreadsheet and will keep updating it when I receive the card and welcome letter. I would like to take this opportunity to remind the people on this forum doing the same :)

I AM GREEN!!!

Just found out my status is in Card/Document production! (I didn't receive a text or email for notification. I have been frantically checking out my status online)

Thanks to @Sm1smom and @Fiefia for putting together the most useful DV AOS guide online. Without it, I would be lost in this "journey".

Special thanks to @Britsimon for responses to my questions, putting together the CEAC data, and being an awesome person overall.

@jj777 and @Mammad and the rest of us who didn't get the visa: Follow up with your applications, be as attentive as you can, and don't waste time panicking or stressing. @Mammad should be at least glad to know that things are moving forward in Philadelphia FO.

I have updated the spreadsheet and will keep updating it when I receive the card and welcome letter. I would like to take this opportunity to remind the people on this forum doing the same :)

That's wonderful ! Enjoy such a great news !

I AM GREEN!!!

Wowwwwwww ! So happy for you pal !
Really you made sweat and wonder!
Glad you are green

I AM GREEN!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget the status will change - probably "back" to decision - but the deal is done!

For all the AOS peeps of our dv14, you guys are really blessed with mom and simon supervision, let's finish it green guys ;)
fc2b75dc4235589da5e9b98fc9393b2f1f58e94c824ffeaa18b3afedbc082473.jpg

@wreck_it_ralph ,

Congratulations! You just brightened what was turning out to be a stressful Monday for me. Great news!

Enjoy your new status!!
Sorry to hear you had a bad day. I wish I could do more than sharing my happiness :(
Sorry you're stressed Mom! Surely there must be a forum member nearby that can come and make you a nice cup of tea....:p
Green tea maybe? :)

I AM GREEN!!!

That is awesooooooome. Congratulations dude. I am so happy for you! :)

Am GREEN!!!!!! Card production!

To Britsimon, oven pecks n Sms1mom your the best! Wouldn't have known what to do without all this info available here. I feel like am a pro n ready to help 2015 selectees lol.

For those still waiting hang in there n those with interviews all the best. This forum is all you need.

Thanks everyone!!!