• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

LOL - no, sadly that isn't true. No time machine involved - not sure how that date got in there...

I know you weren't responsible for that.:) I just needed to unwind a bit from the pent up fury I feel towards whoever was/is responsible for messing up the spreadsheet. I'm trying to make it as accurate as possible while I try to restore it without loosing so much information.

hi mom and everyone else :)

1. is there a timeframe for KCC to process an AOS package after it has been delivered? i gathered that it's about 20-30 days. have anyone got it processed faster?

2. and once it is processed, will a biometrics schedule immediately follow?

3. i noticed that a few people attempted to do the walk-in biometrics. is it that the earlier the biometrics is done, the earlier the interview date will be scheduled?

my sister is kinda freaked out when she read few people's experiencing unexpected delays for an interview schedule (simon included). by what date, roughly, should she be worried if she hears nothing from them? september seems like a long time from now, but it could be short if she keeps waiting not having some estimated deadline.

thanks!

hi mom and everyone else :)

1. is there a timeframe for KCC to process an AOS package after it has been delivered? i gathered that it's about 20-30 days. have anyone got it processed faster?

2. and once it is processed, will a biometrics schedule immediately follow?

3. i noticed that a few people attempted to do the walk-in biometrics. is it that the earlier the biometrics is done, the earlier the interview date will be scheduled?

my sister is kinda freaked out when she read few people's experiencing unexpected delays for an interview schedule (simon included). by what date, roughly, should she be worried if she hears nothing from them? september seems like a long time from now, but it could be short if she keeps waiting not having some estimated deadline.

thanks!

OK so your pack has been received a couple of days ago. I would expect your case will be accepted around about the end of the month. You'll get an acceptance email/text/letter and you'll (later) notice the check has been cashed. Then you will get the bio appointment - as a guess it will be around mid August - and yes you can try a walk in. However, your interview won't happen until you are current. So - you are going to have to try and get your interview as soon as possible after Sept 1. That means you'll have to start nagging early, but realistically that is going to mean starting nagging around mid August. You can't do that until you have the receipt number anyway, so all your nagging will happen in mid to late August. By then we will have more info as to whether the expedite worked at all for me and others, but you have the infopass and congressperson options.

OK so your pack has been received a couple of days ago. I would expect your case will be accepted around about the end of the month. You'll get an acceptance email/text/letter and you'll (later) notice the check has been cashed. Then you will get the bio appointment - as a guess it will be around mid August - and yes you can try a walk in. However, your interview won't happen until you are current. So - you are going to have to try and get your interview as soon as possible after Sept 1. That means you'll have to start nagging early, but realistically that is going to mean starting nagging around mid August. You can't do that until you have the receipt number anyway, so all your nagging will happen in mid to late August. By then we will have more info as to whether the expedite worked at all for me and others, but you have the infopass and congressperson options.

thanks simon for your quick response. it is good to have a rough idea when things are getting out of track. being current in september is such a nightmare, but i am grateful to whomever that she is current anyway :)

oh man, my sister just got a text & email from USCIS that her AOS package has been accepted at 11:02PM, 07/17/2014. she was just worried in the afternoon earlier that her package might not be processed fast enough. however, this was faster than we expected (delivered on 07/13, and acceptance confirmation on 07/17). one step down, a couple more to go!

thanks simon, mom, and everyone that help share your experiences.

Hi, all. we just had our interview. and it seemed fine. standard questions, all documents, but at the end they give us a piece of paper that "Your case is being held for file review and you will receive a decision within 180 days. You dont need to submit any additional information at this time." How is that ? 180 days ? means we wont get green card ? we are so upset. what should we do ? we just cant wait so long. how is that possible ? thanks to all!

Hi, all. we just had our interview. and it seemed fine. standard questions, all documents, but at the end they give us a piece of paper that "Your case is being held for file review and you will receive a decision within 180 days. You dont need to submit any additional information at this time." How is that ? 180 days ? means we wont get green card ? we are so upset. what should we do ? we just cant wait so long. how is that possible ? thanks to all!

I'm sure it simply shows that the CO is not that aware of the DV process - and the 180 days is probably a standard note they give out. What will actually happen is that someone more knowledgeable (such as a supervisor) will review the case and your approval will come though pretty fast. This has happened in other cases. Just be patient for a few days....

Yep! Like Simon already wrote, what you got is most likely a standard sheet of paper your FO gives AOS applicants at the end of their interview pending a review by a supervisor. It however does not necessarily mean the IO is not aware of the DV process and it most likely will not take 180 days before a final decision is made. Nothing you can do for now, but to seat back and keep your fingers crossed.

did the officer write something in your passport?

Mom,

One more question for you. So I received the NOA's for both I-765 and I-485 and what I noticed is that my Alien # on both NOA's is different than the one I submitted in the AOS application and what I have on all my I-797 (H1B's)/ EAD cards. I have had only one A# throughout all my immigration history in US.

Is this change normal ?

Last edited:
Mom,

One more question for you. So I received the NOA's for both I-765 and I-485 and what I noticed is that my Alien # on both NOA's is different than the one I submitted in the AOS application and what I have on all my I-797 (H1B's)/ EAD cards. I have had only one A# throughout all my immigration history in US.

Is this change normal ?
I'm in the same status as you are and noticed the same difference. The new number is referred as "USCIS A#" instead of just "A#". Not sure if it makes any difference but mine are different numbers as well. I go by the new number throughout the application process.

Hi
I have a question, i could not find citizen or green card holder to fill out affidavit of support for me. Can h1b holder fill out the affidavit of support for me?
Thanks