• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Just called KCC. My file was sent to FO on 8/6, 2 days after my interview and the file has not arrived yet. Hopefully, this is the only reason for the delay.

Just called KCC. My file was sent to FO on 8/6, 2 days after my interview and the file has not arrived yet. Hopefully, this is the only reason for the delay.

Right, another FO that does the interview, then checks the manual to see how they are supposed to process the DV cases and only then requests the file from KCC!

"For Sheez" as Mom would say!

Hey Guys,
So I received my GC yesterday. Yayy! But I have a little question for you guys. Any input will be highly appreciated.
So I have 2 middle name. For ex - my name spells out John Mark Paul Doe.
In my GC my first and last name is printed correctly, but they have omitted the initial of the second middle name i.e. it looks like this on the GC.
Last: Doe
Given names: John P
But on the back of the card, among those numbers at the bottom, My last, first, 1st middle, and first four letters of my 2nd middle names are printed.

Will not having the 2nd middle initial on the front of the card be an issue in the future(SSN/Citizenship etc), or when re-entering the US at some point?
P.S. My passport has my full name including the 2 middle names.

Thanks you all :)

I'm in the same boat as you and I don't think it's gonna be an issue.
My old OPT card only has my 1st middle initial and I've used it to re-enter the country a few times and never had a problem.
Your SSN card will have your full name on it, not just middle initial(s), just as it is written on your passport or other gov ID.

is there a common rule as to how many days before the "current" month that DV selectees can get an info pass for expedite request? is it too early to panic for those current in sept not receiving an interview letter? my sister already made an info pass with Chicago FO on aug 21 just in case she has yet to receive the letter by then? or should she wait until sept to make an info pass. thanks!

since it is almost the end of DV2014, is it ok to go for an info pass 10 days before the current month in case my sister has not received an interview letter? thanks!

2014Euro40xxx
Current:Aug.1, 2014
Interviewed: Aug.14, 2014
Interview result: Visa granted :)

Last week, I made an info pass to visit my local FO and try to find out as much I could regarding the status of my case, and express concern regarding rumor about visa numbers being exhausted! I filled info pass appointment scheduler for the latest one that day (2:45 pm). Of course, on the way over there (1.5 hour drive), there was an accident on the road and highway was jammed so, by the time my husband and I got there, it was after 3 pm, and (very sympathetic and nice) security officer told us that IO s already left for the day and suggesting us to come back first thing in the morning even without the info pass (which I knew we could not do due to other obligations).
Monday morning, we got a phone call, USCIS on call display, I my heart starting to beat faster!!! My husband (principal applicant) answered, and the IO introduced himself telling my husband “We have to get all of you, guys, to our office as soon as possible regarding your AOS application !”…and asked when can we come, and what time would be good for us??? (I jokingly asked my husband…did you tell him…”Yesterday!?!). So, they settled on Thurdsay (Aug.14th) morning, and IO said he will mail the info letter (had appointment letter+checklist of items to bring along-generic one, in my opinion, that everybody gets).
I am not sure if our scheduled (but missed) info pass appointment played any role in getting this phone call or not, or it is just a weird coincidence (I did provide case number while scheduling info pass online) that our files just then surfaced to somebody’s attention in our FO( which is, by the way, extremely familiar with handling DV cases, I realized during our FP appointment !)
Needless to say, I spent next two days going over our documents, originals, copies, sorting, printing, arranging, marking, highlighting…not sleeping while trying to remain calm and positive!
Interview itself:
Very simple procedure that started by raising hands and swearing all 4 at the same time
IO had 4 brown files on her desk, I could see all our paperwork (that we submitted with I 485 to Chicago Lockbox) punched and bonded individually (very thick lol-I included everything you advisers from this forum recommended, thinking “better safe and overprepared than sorry”)
Form I 485 was on top of the pile, and she went through those questions in a minute marking in red, then just flipped through the rest of the paperwork pile in a split second…and that was it!
Not a single request to see original document (HS diploma, marriage certificate ), not a single mention of KCC file (I could not see if that file was there), not even a request to see original receipt for KCC payment, nothing!
The whole interview lasted about 10 minutes, after which she smiled and said that everything seems fine and she thinks she will have a time to review and complete our case by the end of the day, and that our cards will come in the mail (double checked our address) in 2-3 weeks.
Then…I asked about clarification of her statement…and the numbers…does that mean that she “booked” (sorry our professors, Mom and Simon, my mind got blank in that moment and I could not think of the word “allocated” lol) DV numbers for us, she said yes-she checked this morning and numbers seem fine, offering if we have time to go back to the waiting room, she is going to double check with her supervisor and complete our case now! After about 35 min, she came back with our passports, (apologizing for us having to wait so long, but their “computer was slow”) saying that we are all set and that she ordered the cards for us.
Sure enough, upon returning home, case status was showing “card production”!
  1. So, bottom line-visas are still available!
  2. I would encourage everybody to pay visit to their Field Offices and ask questions, rather than trying to get clarification from 1-800- USCIS number, since it is rather hard to bypass first (often useless and uninformed) customer service representative. Field Office is crucial-decision-making-place and can be most productive and worth taking your time to visit! Nothing to lose!
I want to express my sincere and eternal “Thank You” to Mom and Simon who tirelessly devote their time and expertise trying to help us all in this journey! I religiously follow everything you were advising and I am beyond grateful! Sorry I could not reciprocate, but everything I would say would be based on my speculations, and info on this forum should be based on “exact” to be helpful!

I also want to wish good luck to all of my friends from this forum, I am sure you are all going to be fine and will get your visas…it is just a matter of time!
I think about all of you and consider you all as my extended-international-family that got me through unexpected/agonizing but rewarding last couple of months!

My favorite forum catch phrase-I can breathe again!

Good Luck to All !!!
2014Euro40xxx

2014Euro40xxx

Last week, I made an info pass to visit my local FO and try to find out as much I could regarding the status of my case, and express concern regarding rumor about visa numbers being exhausted! I filled info pass appointment scheduler for the latest one that day (2:45 pm). Of course, on the way over there (1.5 hour drive), there was an accident on the road and highway was jammed so, by the time my husband and I got there, it was after 3 pm, and (very sympathetic and nice) security officer told us that IO s already left for the day and suggesting us to come back first thing in the morning even without the info pass (which I knew we could not do due to other obligations).
Monday morning, we got a phone call, USCIS on call display, I my heart starting to beat faster!!! My husband (principal applicant) answered, and the IO introduced himself telling my husband “We have to get all of you, guys, to our office as soon as possible regarding your AOS application !”…and asked when can we come, and what time would be good for us??? (I jokingly asked my husband…did you tell him…”Yesterday!?!). So, they settled on Thurdsay (Aug.14th) morning, and IO said he will mail the info letter (had appointment letter+checklist of items to bring along-generic one, in my opinion, that everybody gets).
I am not sure if our scheduled (but missed) info pass appointment played any role in getting this phone call or not, or it is just a weird coincidence (I did provide case number while scheduling info pass online) that our files just then surfaced to somebody’s attention in our FO( which is, by the way, extremely familiar with handling DV cases, I realized during our FP appointment !)
Needless to say, I spent next two days going over our documents, originals, copies, sorting, printing, arranging, marking, highlighting…not sleeping while trying to remain calm and positive!
Interview itself:
Very simple procedure that started by raising hands and swearing all 4 at the same time
IO had 4 brown files on her desk, I could see all our paperwork (that we submitted with I 485 to Chicago Lockbox) punched and bonded individually (very thick lol-I included everything you advisers from this forum recommended, thinking “better safe and overprepared than sorry”)
Form I 485 was on top of the pile, and she went through those questions in a minute marking in red, then just flipped through the rest of the paperwork pile in a split second…and that was it!
Not a single request to see original document (HS diploma, marriage certificate ), not a single mention of KCC file (I could not see if that file was there), not even a request to see original receipt for KCC payment, nothing!
The whole interview lasted about 10 minutes, after which she smiled and said that everything seems fine and she thinks she will have a time to review and complete our case by the end of the day, and that our cards will come in the mail (double checked our address) in 2-3 weeks.
Then…I asked about clarification of her statement…and the numbers…does that mean that she “booked” (sorry our professors, Mom and Simon, my mind got blank in that moment and I could not think of the word “allocated” lol) DV numbers for us, she said yes-she checked this morning and numbers seem fine, offering if we have time to go back to the waiting room, she is going to double check with her supervisor and complete our case now! After about 35 min, she came back with our passports, (apologizing for us having to wait so long, but their “computer was slow”) saying that we are all set and that she ordered the cards for us.
  2. I would encourage everybody to pay visit to their Field Offices and ask questions, rather than trying to get clarification from 1-800- USCIS number, since it is rather hard to bypass first (often useless and uninformed) customer service representative. Field Office is crucial-decision-making-place and can be most productive and worth taking your time to visit! Nothing to lose!
I want to express my sincere and eternal “Thank You” to Mom and Simon who tirelessly devote their time and expertise trying to help us all in this journey! I religiously follow everything you were advising and I am beyond grateful! Sorry I could not reciprocate, but everything I would say would be based on my speculations, and info on this forum should be based on “exact” to be helpful!

I also want to wish good luck to all of my friends from this forum, I am sure you are all going to be fine and will get your visas…it is just a matter of time!
I think about all of you and consider you all as my extended-international-family that got me through unexpected/agonizing but rewarding last couple of months!

Good Luck to All !!!
2014Euro40xxx

Awesome. Just awesome. 14 days after current - absolute proof what Mom has been saying for a long time that AoS is possible within the "current" month. Just needs some planning and work. Just to be clear, Mom and Fiefia worked on the spreadsheet and Mom's advice is twice as valuable as my comments - I'm just here to provide some comic relief! So congratulations and well done on getting Green so quickly!!!

Oh yeah - and check out the case number - probably about as high as possible under the EUcutoff!

Awesome. Just awesome. 14 days after current - absolute proof what Mom has been saying for a long time that AoS is possible within the "current" month. Just needs some planning and work. Just to be clear, Mom and Fiefia worked on the spreadsheet and Mom's advice is twice as valuable as my comments - I'm just here to provide some comic relief! So congratulations and well done on getting Green so quickly!!!

Oh yeah - and check out the case number - probably about as high as possible under the EUcutoff!
Thank you, Simon!
Yes, very lucky...borderly close to cutoff. Honestly, never thought we had a good chance, that is why I did not even get involved in the whole process and forum until late...but also never thinking Euro region will NOT be current! So yes, very lucky, indeed!

Yes, very lucky...borderly close to cutoff. Honestly, never thought we had a good chance, that is why I did not even get involved in the whole process and forum until late...but also never thinking Euro region will NOT be current! So yes, very lucky, indeed!

Some things are just meant to be. I'm not religious - but perhaps you do indeed have someone/something looking out for you.

Actually good point. I should go to Church a couple of times before my interview. Leave no stone unturned!

Some things are just meant to be. I'm not religious - but perhaps you do indeed have someone/something looking out for you.

Actually good point. I should go to Church a couple of times before my interview. Leave no stone unturned!
Not religious, either! But with all our positive energy sending your and your family s way, from all of us grateful from this forum, I know you will be fine, and green-ed soon :). Will follow and want to be among the first ones to welcome you "to the club" !!!

Last edited:
2014Euro40xxx

Interview itself:

Good Luck to All !!!
2014Euro40xxx

Ha! This calls for some champagne!
champagne_1.jpg

Congratulations!!

Indeed I can't say if your infopass had anything to do with the phone call, but I do know that when the FY begins to wind down like this, IOs (knowledgeable ones) have been know to call people asking them to come in right away for their interview just so they don't run out of visas, just like they called you guys.

Ha! This calls for some champagne!
View attachment 112

Congratulations!!

Indeed I can't say if your infopass had anything to do with the phone call, but I do know that when the FY begins to wind down like this, IOs (knowledgeable ones) have been know to call people asking them to come in right away for their interview just so they don't run out of visas, just like they called you guys.
Thank you so much, Mom!
I love the photo, lol!
Unfortunately, did not have time to celebrate, husband had to travel, so right after the interview, taxied him to the airport...he almost lost his flight!
So, hopefully, celebration this weekend, and me, hopefully..., just like in this photo, finally relaxed :)

hahahaha Simon...

Thank you so much, Mom!
I love the photo, lol!
Unfortunately, did not have time to celebrate, husband had to travel, so right after the interview, taxied him to the airport...he almost lost his flight!
So, hopefully, celebration this weekend, and me, hopefully..., just like in this photo, finally relaxed :)

No worries about hubby. Glad to know he managed to make his flight though. You guys can celebrate when he gets back.

As for that pix, that's actually you and I celebrating your new LPR status, or more like ME drinking the champagne the champagne on your behalf ............ lol

thanks mom! and at this stage, should she also get in touch with the congressmen to help with the process? or should it be after the info pass?

Do the infopass first. Involve the congress person based on the outcome of the infopass.

Reactions: CWH
Yesterday I went for infopass, the officer spoke to her supervisor who is the director of the field office and he said that the interview will be after September 8. I told him that I am worry about the number get exhausted before that. But he insist on that.

I have to disagree with sm1smom, for once. I don't do it often, but i feel absolutely compelled to here. There is only one possibility for a champagne photo source. And Patsy has even found a cowboy hat for the occasion. (Or at least I will interpret it as a cowboy hat :D )

ab-fab-fashion-moments.jpg

Last edited:
2014Euro40xxx

Interview itself:

Good Luck to All !!!
2014Euro40xxx
Wow ! What a succes :)
Enjoy being green.