• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 - Africa winners

1) Police Certificate - as you spent 4 years in Nigeria you must get a police certificate from there because I am presuming you were over 16 at the time and lived there for more than 12 months. Now this does not have to be 12 months straight but it can be 12 months or more aggregated together. If you mentioned living in Nigeria for this long on your forms then you will need a police certificate from there.

2) If you do not have the original degree then you must get someone to endorse the one you do have. For example the dean or professor in your university in Nigeria can write you a letter stating that the copy of the degree you have is authentic/certified. It would be even better if you sent your contact a copy of the degree and have them sign and endorse it personally along with a letter of affidavit. The point being here is that you want to avoid any unnecessary questions at the interview which will make you nervous.

3) You will need to have a savings amount above the official US poverty line so this would equate to being between $10,000 and $20,000. The key here is for the consular officer to be convinced that you will not become a public charge.

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me!)
Entry Checked - 1st May 2012
Forms Sent To KCC - 10th May 2012
Received By KCC - 12th May 2012
Confirmation From KCC - 25th May 2012 after I sent them an email
2nd NL - 14th June 2013
Police Clearance (TZ) - 13th June 2013
Police Clearance (UK) - 21st June 2013
Medicals - Completed 24th June 2013
Interview - Wednesday, August 7th 2013 @ 8am - US Embassy Tanzania
Visa Pick up - Hopefully August 11th
Departure Date - August 17th 2013
Port of Entry - Washington Dulles

Dear momo1980, thank you very much for your quick reply. I think i have a lot of works to do.
But when should i get the police clearance? will it be valid if i get it now and stays with me till my interview after 10/12 months? Thank you.

Dear momo1980, thank you very much for your quick reply. I think i have a lot of works to do.
But when should i get the police clearance? will it be valid if i get it now and stays with me till my interview after 10/12 months? Thank you.

Police clearance certificates vary from country to country. Normally they're valid for 3 months but you better check the Embassy specific and country specific guidelines. You should have your police certificate 1-2 months before your interview ideally.

Winner nigeria

just checked 28 JUNE 2013 and i am a lucky winner in dv2014. C/N 20014AF0001****[/B]. I am about sending my forms to KCC but the problem now is how am i going to be notified by KCC when the form is there and other information from them because the email i used during the lottery application has been locked.all effort to retrieve it proof abortive cus i cant remember my security question again.so help me what can i do

just checked 28 JUNE 2013 and i am a lucky winner in dv2014. C/N 20014AF0001****[/B]. I am about sending my forms to KCC but the problem now is how am i going to be notified by KCC when the form is there and other information from them because the email i used during the lottery application has been locked.all effort to retrieve it proof abortive cus i cant remember my security question again.so help me what can i do

Firstly you are saying you were able o check in the last two days that you won - so what is the problem. You know your case number and you can retrieve your logon for the ESC page simply by entering your name, DOB and the email address you applied with. Locked or not, it doesn't mater, you can retrieve your original details. Then on the 122 and 230 forms you will complete your details with a new email address. That is all you need. What else is a problem???

About confirmation details

Please i need a quick response to this question. Can someone steal a winner's info like confirmation number and others to check and later make use of it to process his own visa before the real winner forward his own form to kcc?

Please i need a quick response to this question. Can someone steal a winner's info like confirmation number and others to check and later make use of it to process his own visa before the real winner forward his own form to kcc?

The winners info would include a name and personal details (DOB). So someone would need a matching set of documents, birth cert, passport, education docs and so on all to be perfectly matched. Any slight difference and the case would be refused anyway. So could someone try to dteal the winners chance - maybe - would they succeed - doubtful.

hy fellow winners !does the 2NL include the interview date .And can medical report be done a day or two before the interview at the embassy and the police report to? Or what is necessarily the purpose of 2NL apart from showing that your number is current? Thanks and God bless you .He loves you james 1;17

2014AF00073xxx

hy fellow winners !does the 2NL include the interview date .And can medical report be done a day or two before the interview at the embassy and the police report to? Or what is necessarily the purpose of 2NL apart from showing that your number is current? Thanks and God bless you .He loves you james 1;17

2014AF00073xxx

The 2NL is now an email telling you to check the ESC website (where you found out you were selected). The selection letter will be replaced with one that shows the interview details.

The police report should be in hand for the interview. If you want to leave that to the last minute - that is your call, but I would want it ready a few weeks early.

The medical should be scheduled once you receive the 2NL (usually 4 to 6 weeks before the interview). Again I wouldn't leave it so late before the interview in case you need to do anything such as additional jabs etc.

2014AF00073xxx

You should be current now and yes the 2nd NL will have your interview date.

The medical takes approximately one week to complete depending on how many checks and vaccines you need. Are you sure you want to wait two days before the interview then do it? I don't think so.

Police report should be done at least a month before the interview so its ready in hand.

The purpose of the 2nd NL is so you see your interview date, take the 1st NL and 2nd NL to the interview and hope they don't can your butt for not knowing the requirements because that's how most people get placed under AP or tossed out!

Follow the forum my friend, there is A LOT of valuable information here!

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me!)
2nd NL - 14th June 2013

You should be current now and yes the 2nd NL will have your interview date.

The medical takes approximately one week to complete depending on how many checks and vaccines you need. Are you sure you want to wait two days before the interview then do it? I don't think so.

Police report should be done at least a month before the interview so its ready in hand.

The purpose of the 2nd NL is so you see your interview date, take the 1st NL and 2nd NL to the interview and hope they don't can your butt for not knowing the requirements because that's how most people get placed under AP or tossed out!

Follow the forum my friend, there is A LOT of valuable information here!

2nd NL - 14th June 2013

Momo, Akelloh has a 2014 number - won't be current for a while yet!

Lol oops my bad, it's been a long day! For a moment I forgot I was in AF2014 :)

Nonetheless waiting two days before the interview for the medical and police certificate is like Russian Roulette!

thanks alot guyz for the valuable information reason am askin this is i might not b around in kenya !i want 2 get the best possible information so as not 2 get confused! If i get the 2NL how may weeks will i b havin 2 the the interview day?
God loves u ?James 1;17
2014AF00073xxx

thanks alot guyz for the valuable information reason am askin this is i might not b around in kenya !i want 2 get the best possible information so as not 2 get confused! If i get the 2NL how may weeks will i b havin 2 the the interview day?
God loves u ?James 1;17
2014AF00073xxx

Your interview will take place 6 to 7 weeks after your 2nd NL comes through.

2nd NL - 14th June 2013

momo thanks alot and what happens after one has passed the interview?usually it takes how long for one 2 get a visa ?thanks alot & God bless you james 1;17

2014AF00073xxx

momo thanks alot and what happens after one has passed the interview?usually it takes how long for one 2 get a visa ?thanks alot & God bless you james 1;17

2014AF00073xxx

Well according to what I've read and heard, the visa takes 4 to 7 days to be issued along with your sealed packet which you'll present to the immigration officer/passport officer/customs & border agent at your port of entry.

2nd NL - 14th June 2013

Momo that means i cant travels to another country coz of the sealed packet with passport in it? what about if i want to travels somewhere else?asante sana momo God bless you kindly read James 1;17

Morocco 2014 winner

hey guys, lucky winner from Morocco

2014AF0006XXXX
entry checked on june 23 2013
papers sent on june 26
received in kentucky on june 28

When do you think I will receive an interview date?

Thank you all
Youssef

Momo that means i cant travels to another country coz of the sealed packet with passport in it? what about if i want to travels somewhere else?asante sana momo God bless you kindly read James 1;17

Hello akelloh,

Your passport will be outside the envelope not inside the envelope. The documents within your envelope will be your immigration papers, medical papers and anything else the consular officer wants to add.

You can certainly travel anywhere before heading off to the US.

2nd NL - 14th June 2013