• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 - Africa winners

I'm not sure I understand your first point - you want to know what am I doing on this forum!? It's open to anyone, and I can guarantee you that I understand immigration process and processing of all sorts of visas in the US better than you as it's a big part of my daily activities :) Don't be aggressive, you are not the only one who has the right and/or interest to be in here. Honestly, I don't know what your intentions are, but I don't really care either. I want people to have the right information. Your quote above is the answer to a question - I don't know what the question was, was it clearly defined and was the contractor sure that the question was about DS-230. USCIS is very black and white about its procedures and instructions, they are not open ended. There are forms that can be submitted online and there are Consular Centers that accept applications online after the opt-in. Kentucky Consular Center is not one of them - but, I'll check it out again.

For your other question - providing an actual address to send the documents, in English implies that you need to send it via mail.
That's all from me - I'm really interested in Europe region and general threads, so - good luck to all of you.

So when did you go to the US? when you were still using postal mails, analogue time huh In Africa we are now fully digital how about that :D take me slowly brother we aint competing unless you want to show off. Please update your signature for others to know you well. Am interested in the African Region that is why am here in the DV2014 African Winners can you please give me a break.

Did i say Reavsky??? Please dont put words in my mouth MR.

You know, we are not brainless in this part of the world :) that's exactly what you meant.

So when did you go to the US? when you were still using postal mails, analogue time huh In Africa we are now fully digital how about that :D take me slowly brother we aint competing unless you want to show off. Please update your signature for others to know you well. Am interested in the African Region that is why am here in the DV2014 African Winners can you please give me a break.

Why? You are so funny, you are fully digital (lol) so we are going to change the rules? Here in US, we still use mail every day for all sorts of things, so I really have no clue what you're talking about. Having access to emails is no biggie :) As for the signature, what do you want? My address? SSN? :) DV visa - checked, naturalization - checked, parents petitions - checked, sibling petitions - checked, sibling DV visa - processing, friends >30 DV visas checked, friends x 5 F1 visa - checked, etc. Tourists visa - can't count. An immigration forum moderator - checked. No denials, no disqualifications, no issues - ever. And, guess what - all submitted via mail :) So, here - you know me better now, what do you think I should put in the signature?

Information you post here is applicable to others as well, regardless of the region and that's why we read this thread as well. And, yes I can go like this forever, it helps me relax at work (;)) - but it's of no use to others. Again, everything is cool here :) please don't be territorial and quit trying to outsmart everyone.

Let's go back to helping people, shell we? Any questions about life here after the DV process, laws, regulations, etc., please post the questions in the appropriate thread, I don't mind sharing my experience :)

Best,
Z

Hey JONGE,

How are you doing Brother. Last week on 16th i sent back my forms to KCC. yesterday i tried to track them and the message i got is that they were delivered and signed by T. CAMPBELL. So whats the next stage. Have you started chasing the police certificate of its done after you receive the NL.

tHANKS

Calm down my good people. Everyone is giving advice based on their experience...if in doubt contact KCC.

Hi Dannyden, I won under Burundi based on birth place.

Hi BurundiWinner! The problem, is that i'm not in Burundi and don't know if i have to get civil documents from Burundi or from Embassy! You can share!

Hey JONGE,

How are you doing Brother. Last week on 16th i sent back my forms to KCC. yesterday i tried to track them and the message i got is that they were delivered and signed by T. CAMPBELL. So whats the next stage. Have you started chasing the police certificate of its done after you receive the NL.

tHANKS

Hey Turya,

long time...mine was also signed by T. CAMPBELL. The next thing is to wait until your CN becomes current by then you should have received a second NL. Regarding the police certificate, it is to early for it because each certificate is valid for only 6 months. Just make sure you get your school certificates, birth certificate and any other important documents ready.

Inquiry

My wife was selected in the DV 2014 programme. Going through her printout now, I saw this

Foreign State Chargeability: ITALY

What does this mean? Is this taken into consideration while processing?

My wife was selected in the DV 2014 programme. Going through her printout now, I saw this

Foreign State Chargeability: ITALY

What does this mean? Is this taken into consideration while processing?

Keeeem,

what is your wife's nationality? Is she Italian? Foreign State Chargeability simply means The independent country to which an immigrant entering under the preference system is accredited. What happens is that there are certain nationals of certain countries who can't participate in the Diversity Visa Program because they have exceeded a certain quota. The below link should help:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=b328194d3e88d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD

I have One question My Daughter Name wrote in Birth Certificate As NOUR and then the father name and mother name correct As my and her mother passport but they wrote her name as NOOR in her passport and I send the forms with the new name NOOR and its wrote NOUR also in the basic for for DV in Oct12 according the BIRTH certificate at that time , do i need to change the BIRTH certificate with the new name NOOR instead of NOUR .Thank you in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi BurundiWinner! The problem, is that i'm not in Burundi and don't know if i have to get civil documents from Burundi or from Embassy! You can share!

Hi Danny, I was lucky as I moved before my 16th birthday so I have not had to get the civil documents from there. The information given to DV selectees has some addresses that you need to contact to get the documents from Burundi. Do you have anyone still there who can do the legwork for you?

If you have lived in Burundi for more than 6 months since you turned 16 you will need to get a police certificate from there, if not you can skip that bit. Where are you based at the moment?

I have One question My Daughter Name wrote in Birth Certificate As NOUR and then the father name and mother name correct As my and her mother passport but they wrote her name as NOOR in her passport and I send the forms with the new name NOOR and its wrote NOUR also in the basic for for DV in Oct12 according the BIRTH certificate at that time , do i need to change the BIRTH certificate with the new name NOOR instead of NOUR .Thank you in advance

Hello Mustafafofo,

Well it depends...changing the birth certificate will mean your daughters name will become NOOR instead of NOUR. What you could do is sign an affidavit in which you declare that NOOR and NOUR are one and the same person. Changing the certificate will mean your daughter will use a name which you or your wife didn't intend to give her.
I hope this helps.

Thank you Dear for your replay .but actually NOUR it an arabic name and no different for me and my wife if it Wrote NOOR or NOUR cause it's in other langue letters , what I'm asking is If I provide the birth Certificate in the interview it will be problem

DV follow to join process

Hi guys,

It's my first time here and I really need help.

I won the DV 2013 and filled the DS-230 with the details of my husband and my stepdaughter as following to join.

I have taken my visa and now in the states but securing an appointment for my husband and daughter has become a problem.
Does anyone know how to go about it and what to do to secure visas for my family before the fiscal year ends?

I really need help.

2013AF000016XXX
Where are you all? I feel like I'm the only one on this forum! :p

Please register and post your case number and country of chargeability so we can support each other through this process :)

Thank you Dear for your replay .but actually NOUR it an arabic name and no different for me and my wife if it Wrote NOOR or NOUR cause it's in other langue letters , what I'm asking is If I provide the birth Certificate in the interview it will be problem

Well if the name is the same, just not to cause confusion you could have another birth certificate made if it is possible.

Just like has told you go for an affidavit that says that both names are for one person if you go for a new birth certificate it might cause alarm,,

Hi guys,

It's my first time here and I really need help.

I won the DV 2013 and filled the DS-230 with the details of my husband and my stepdaughter as following to join.

I have taken my visa and now in the states but securing an appointment for my husband and daughter has become a problem.
Does anyone know how to go about it and what to do to secure visas for my family before the fiscal year ends?

I really need help.

2013AF000016XXX

Marpee,, Applicants who will follow to join the principal applicant later will be interviewed separately. You should contact the Embassy/Consulate directly to arrange separate interviews. The interview dates were opened last week

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Exprienced People on Dv-Lottery

I am 2014 dv lottery winner with case number: 2014AF00007XXX (1) when do you estimate my case will be current? (2) I have submitted my case on 13th May, 2013 will I be notified if KCC receives my document?

With God All Things Are Possible....

Hi

Hey JONGE,

tHANKS

Please I also sent my forms to KCC on 13th May, 2013 and do not know if it has been delivered or not, how do I track them to get the delivery message as u had?:confused::confused::confused:

Hi Danny, I was lucky as I moved before my 16th birthday so I have not had to get the civil documents from there. The information given to DV selectees has some addresses that you need to contact to get the documents from Burundi. Do you have anyone still there who can do the legwork for you?

If you have lived in Burundi for more than 6 months since you turned 16 you will need to get a police certificate from there, if not you can skip that bit. Where are you based at the moment?

Thanks a lot. My brother will do it. now i'm in Moscow, i can't get them now because they're legal only for 3 months. hope every thing will be okay. what about you?

Winner from Sudan

I am 2014 winner, my case no is 2014AF00054xxx is it a high number and when should i expect my interview