• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 winners from Uganda, please holla!

country

brother so i don't have to send them the form an other time ??!!!

do u think that's not a big problem or not?!?!

Hello tunisian_dv. It is not a problem, the visa appointment letter will come with details of which embassy in nearest to you that handles immigration visa. If it's not the one in your country, it will be in a neighbouring country

Couples qns

Am so glad you are a 'she' as well. That makes the two of us. Come to think of it, is the DV more like a guy thing? May be 'head of the family' sort of stuff? Cause believe you me, my husband is way out of all this. I just update him about the latest info. He has no clue. I just print info for him to read for example possible interview questions for married couples. That kind of thing.

Hadn't even thought about couples qns. I'd imagine tht is to test that the marriage is real, not just put together for the visa purposes.

He/She

Thanks. The Umeme thing is true. As for the CN, I actually needed one in 2,000s but hey, it's all good. I am a 'she' by the way.

AF00000001 would have been absolutely perfect. I wonder who got that one? Otherwise, I'm a 'he'

AF00000001 would have been absolutely perfect. I wonder who got that one? Otherwise, I'm a 'he'

Nice to know you are a he. We can now address you appropriately. Read somewhere on the forum and we were all being addressed as 'brothers'.

For that CN, that person must be in cloud nine.

August 2012 visa bulletin is out

Check out the August bulletin.

I do not know where some one got info from that the Oct cut off number will be included in the August bulletin! It only shows sept info just like all other bulletins do. They show advance info for the following month meaning oct info will only come out in Sept 2012.

Hadn't even thought about couples qns. I'd imagine tht is to test that the marriage is real, not just put together for the visa purposes.

You are right. These guys even call at 4am to confirm that you are together. Can you imagine that? Crazy Americans! They even ask intimate questions!

Check out the August bulletin.

I do not know where some one got info from that the Oct cut off number will be included in the August bulletin! It only shows sept info just like all other bulletins do. They show advance info for the following month meaning oct info will only come out in Sept 2012.

Ash 2013, do yu know which month we're in? And when was August bulletin was released? According to yua information, yu shows that there will be no bulletin this month, do yu agree wid yua info?

Visa Bulletins

Ash 2013, do yu know which month we're in? And when was August bulletin was released? According to yua information, yu shows that there will be no bulletin this month, do yu agree wid yua info?

The monthly bulletins come out mind month to show what will be current for the next month. However, from what I've seen of the bulletins, they are still clearing DV2012 applications until they close on or before Sept 30th. Therefore, I expect them to start handling DV 2013's from 1st Oct.

I have read all the comments and posted the same for hubby. I have had all my worst fears confirmed. Its terrible.

In life you have to risk..am going because of my child..i want him to get the best education which America can offer, with Me i can survive..some make it some dont..America has the opportunities which Africa doesnt, whichever way Home is best..i am not going there to try but to make it period.!

Ouuuuuch,now that's a kick to the gut;the bulletin is ok as it is,I guess we were all caught up in the rush 2b current & get it over & done with.All in all,as the DV2012 selectees had mentioned,ur interview notification should come like 7-8 weeks prior to ur interview If 1 is 2b current in Oct,the notification must land b4 Sept (all things being equal).But then again,u cannot get notification if u r not current!!!!:confused:What I figure is this,the VO has already determined who will be current,its only that the info hasn't been released to the public.

In the old days,90s,the bulletin was printed & advance notification would be like even 2 months ahead!!!welcome to the internet age.

Next on the agenda????

Face the challenge

In life you have to risk..am going because of my child..i want him to get the best education which America can offer, with Me i can survive..some make it some dont..America has the opportunities which Africa doesnt, whichever way Home is best..i am not going there to try but to make it period.!

That's the spirit PAPASAN

thnx

Hello tunisian_dv. It is not a problem, the visa appointment letter will come with details of which embassy in nearest to you that handles immigration visa. If it's not the one in your country, it will be in a neighbouring country

thank you and it's so kind from you
good luck

That's the spirit PAPASAN

Ash, you and i are risking too much, packing off hubby and kids, its easier without family but hubby's relatives there insisted if we get we all go at once. I may get a job before he does plus that its important for the family to be together wherever it is you are. But those comments were so mean.

keep it locked

Ash, you and i are risking too much, packing off hubby and kids, its easier without family but hubby's relatives there insisted if we get we all go at once. I may get a job before he does plus that its important for the family to be together wherever it is you are. But those comments were so mean.

Catchme;one step at a time,what u've landed is a great opportunity,DO NOT lose sight of it;The Giants on Your Way Is Evidence That You Have Not Missed Your Way To Your Promise Land!!!;remember,keep it locked.

once u secure ur visa,u have roughly 6 months b4 it expires.U should make the time to go assess how it is b4 u make ur decision;6 months is quite a stretch.It is not a must that u all travel @ once but beware that the derivatives cannot get in b4 the principal applicant.One/two of u can go setup base with the rest to join later.I would be of the opinion to bring the kids once u r on ur feet.

Whose comments were mean??

Indeed it's a big risk. But again, it is for the better. Those relatives are right. Just take the bull by the horn. If you can afford it. Why not? Which comments r u referring to?

I agree with u Papasan!

Catchme;one step at a time,what u've landed is a great opportunity,DO NOT lose sight of it;The Giants on Your Way Is Evidence That You Have Not Missed Your Way To Your Promise Land!!!;remember,keep it locked.

once u secure ur visa,u have roughly 6 months b4 it expires.U should make the time to go assess how it is b4 u make ur decision;6 months is quite a stretch.It is not a must that u all travel @ once but beware that the derivatives cannot get in b4 the principal applicant.One/two of u can go setup base with the rest to join later.I would be of the opinion to bring the kids once u r on ur feet.

Whose comments were mean??

Hi Ash, Obeez, there was a link posted here yesterday. Well i followed it and also read the comments on the link, boy oh boy. The title i think was "winning the lottery and losing big" The story basically was about how we leave our lives here in our countries and go to America to work our butts off and struggle with life. And the comments followed. Some testimonies from people who were living comfortably in their home countries but are now living like peasants in the Us and had decided to go back. Some people even blamed their troubles (unemployment) on immigrants. They called us fools, dreamers etc. That the program is aimed at getting low wage labour for the US. That we have degrees even better education than some of them but we go and flip burgers. I don't mean to discourage you but you asked me, so i have told you. Personally i felt so bad.