• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 winners from Uganda, please holla!

Just discovered this forum, how does one use it, e.g. set up the signature. I'm a DV 2013 selectee from Uganda

Cooooooooongs and welcome to this club Ug 1. Your quiz was answered by someone. Sorry for my late reply though.

Thx catchme and Obeezyb. Looking forward to the adventure, but I guess with a CN in the 57,000's, we'll have to be waiting until maybe April 2013 for things to start getting interesting. In the meantime, just trying to get the documents in order. Will need to re-do the Police certificate next year, since the one I got will have expired, by the time my number comes around.

It seems i have the biggest CN in Ug. Well, i hope to benefit from you guys. What documents are you talking about Ug1? Lets keep the thread alive.

Wow Ash, all this time, and from all your postings, it never occurred to me that you are that many. Wow, seven is such a big number. We are four, 2 kids and the two of us. I'll need your interview experience word for word (wink wink). I hope you have all the necessary paperwork for the adoptions. Good luck with everything.

Thank you so much. Yea we are a full house. Call us UPE class! I admire you guys, just 4 people! Yes, am through with the adoption papers. Our interview might take an hour. Will definitely post that experience!

It seems i have the biggest CN in Ug. Well, i hope to benefit from you guys. What documents are you talking about Ug1? Lets keep the thread alive.

Obeezyb has 70,000. Yours is much better.

It seems many Ugandans do not know about this forum. What does that show? Probably the over 400 winners never use the internet to search DV info. May be they just do the status check and off they go.

Obeezyb has 70,000. Yours is much better.

It seems many Ugandans do not know about this forum. What does that show? Probably the over 400 winners never use the internet to search DV info. May be they just do the status check and off they go.

Yes, having no internet is like living in a house without umeme, its like you're blind. I cant imagine all the information we have access to that those without internet miss. Yeah i saw Obeez' 70k man, its way up there but wen i see Ash's 29k am like wow. Anyways Ash deserves that number seeing that s/he has a team of 7.

Yes, having no internet is like living in a house without umeme, its like you're blind. I cant imagine all the information we have access to that those without internet miss. Yeah i saw Obeez' 70k man, its way up there but wen i see Ash's 29k am like wow. Anyways Ash deserves that number seeing that s/he has a team of 7.

Thanks. The Umeme thing is true. As for the CN, I actually needed one in 2,000s but hey, it's all good. I am a 'she' by the way.

Thanks. The Umeme thing is true. As for the CN, I actually needed one in 2,000s but hey, it's all good. I am a 'she' by the way.

Hi hi:):), good good, I decided to play it safe coz i read on the Nigeria forum where someone hurried to say she's not a guy as had been referred to by another member. Well well, am also a she.

Hi hi:):), good good, I decided to play it safe coz i read on the Nigeria forum where someone hurried to say she's not a guy as had been referred to by another member. Well well, am also a she.

Am so glad you are a 'she' as well. That makes the two of us. Come to think of it, is the DV more like a guy thing? May be 'head of the family' sort of stuff? Cause believe you me, my husband is way out of all this. I just update him about the latest info. He has no clue. I just print info for him to read for example possible interview questions for married couples. That kind of thing.

Am so glad you are a 'she' as well. That makes the two of us. Come to think of it, is the DV more like a guy thing? May be 'head of the family' sort of stuff? Cause believe you me, my husband is way out of all this. I just update him about the latest info. He has no clue. I just print info for him to read for example possible interview questions for married couples. That kind of thing.

Well, mine is the one who was under pressure from his relatives in the US to apply, they kept reminding him each year and it would come and go. He kept sending me the site and i was never interested. This time he decides we should apply, he sends me the stuff and i don't even look at it, so he sends his application and mine too but listing me on his as wife plus our kids, and the same on mine. Then we carry on and come May 1st, its me they select. I freaked out. Got so overwhelmed by the thought of quitting my job and heading for the unknown. No i wouldn't do that. Anyways, it took a call from a friend in the UK to change my mind and once that happened, my whole time is devoted to this thing. I read and read and read and worry and worry and oh, how did i get here? Its crazy.

Thx catchme and Obeezyb. Looking forward to the adventure, but I guess with a CN in the 57,000's, we'll have to be waiting until maybe April 2013 for things to start getting interesting. In the meantime, just trying to get the documents in order. Will need to re-do the Police certificate next year, since the one I got will have expired, by the time my number comes around.

Hi Ug1, we are in the same boat in regard to the police certs. Didn't know the DV processing time was almost one year for my CN. That is money lost! I have a feeling we do not need to do fingure prints again since FPs do not change. We might be asked to pay for the letter again. Will find out when the time comes.

Well, mine is the one who was under pressure from his relatives in the US to apply, they kept reminding him each year and it would come and go. He kept sending me the site and i was never interested. This time he decides we should apply, he sends me the stuff and i don't even look at it, so he sends his application and mine too but listing me on his as wife plus our kids, and the same on mine. Then we carry on and come May 1st, its me they select. I freaked out. Got so overwhelmed by the thought of quitting my job and heading for the unknown. No i wouldn't do that. Anyways, it took a call from a friend in the UK to change my mind and once that happened, my whole time is devoted to this thing. I read and read and read and worry and worry and oh, how did i get here? Its crazy.

Wow! It's like we are reading from the same script. My brother and sister did the same to me. For the last 5 years, they would send me the website but I never applied. And guess what my problem was, just taking the pix and uploading it. I was lazy to do that not until I got an office that is sitting ontop of a photo studio. So this time around, I got the guts on the second last day of the DV application window, I applied for both me and my hubby. And come May 2012 bang! he is selected and I am not. I start the process and along the way I land on this forum and I am hooked! Every morning I look forward to reading people's posts.

question 4 dsp 122

hey brothers...how are you???i hope that you are OK.
i have a question plz
i wrote in the 4th question on the form 122 the name of my country and not the name of the embassy...

is there any problem??!!!

this is question 4 :
4. Name of United States Consular Office where you would like to Process your Application
This will usually be the consular office nearest the place you live. However, please note that some U.S. Embassies and Consulates do not process immigrant visas. If you are not sure whether the U.S. Embassy or Consulate nearest you processes immigrant visas, or if you do not know which is the U.S. Embassy or Consulate nearest you, please list the city and country where you live. If you live in the United States and plan to adjust status with the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services in the U.S., please list "BCIS"; if you live in the United States but you intend to return abroad to be interviewed, please list the U.S. Embassy or Consulate that processes immigrant visas for the area where you lived before you came to the United States.

----------------------------------------------------
but they said :if you do not know which is the U.S. Embassy or Consulate nearest you, please list the city and country where you live.

i wrote just my country and there is just one US embassy there so what i have to do????

so plzzz answer me as soon as possible brother and thank you in advance

hey brothers...how are you???i hope that you are OK.
i have a question plz
i wrote in the 4th question on the form 122 the name of my country and not the name of the embassy...

is there any problem??!!!

this is question 4 :
4. Name of United States Consular Office where you would like to Process your Application
This will usually be the consular office nearest the place you live. However, please note that some U.S. Embassies and Consulates do not process immigrant visas. If you are not sure whether the U.S. Embassy or Consulate nearest you processes immigrant visas, or if you do not know which is the U.S. Embassy or Consulate nearest you, please list the city and country where you live. If you live in the United States and plan to adjust status with the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services in the U.S., please list "BCIS"; if you live in the United States but you intend to return abroad to be interviewed, please list the U.S. Embassy or Consulate that processes immigrant visas for the area where you lived before you came to the United States.

----------------------------------------------------
but they said :if you do not know which is the U.S. Embassy or Consulate nearest you, please list the city and country where you live.

i wrote just my country and there is just one US embassy there so what i have to do????

so plzzz answer me as soon as possible brother and thank you in advance

I dont think this is a problem, i personally dont remember what i filled. But as if there was a drop down menu with countries such that u would select the name of the country. I stand to be corrected if am wrong.

I dont think this is a problem, i personally dont remember what i filled. But as if there was a drop down menu with countries such that u would select the name of the country. I stand to be corrected if am wrong.

brother so i don't have to send them the form an other time ??!!!

do u think that's not a big problem or not?!?!

Wow! It's like we are reading from the same script. My brother and sister did the same to me. For the last 5 years, they would send me the website but I never applied. And guess what my problem was, just taking the pix and uploading it. I was lazy to do that not until I got an office that is sitting ontop of a photo studio. So this time around, I got the guts on the second last day of the DV application window, I applied for both me and my hubby. And come May 2012 bang! he is selected and I am not. I start the process and along the way I land on this forum and I am hooked! Every morning I look forward to reading people's posts.

This is so unfair Ash, and there has been an argument somewhere about the allocation of CNs. People are under the notion that the earlier you apply the smaller your CN. This is proof that its wrong. Hubby applied on the 2nd day of the window and well look at my CN yet Ash who applied on the 2nd last day has 29k. I will tell you why its wrong. The computer randomly selects the winners. so once all your applications are there, its up-to the computer to see you first or last, or not to see you at all. I read on a Nigeria forum some place else where a guy made 49 entries, changing a name on each but submitting the same pictures for all, well, one of the entries with a wrong name got selected. Dilemma if you ask me. On another note hubby needs to read as much coz he's the principal, its good you print for him.

brother so i don't have to send them the form an other time ??!!!

do u think that's not a big problem or not?!?!

Am a sister, but lets see what the others say. That was my opinion. You can post the same on the Kenya thread for 2013.

Originally Posted by Ash 2013

This is so unfair Ash, and there has been an argument somewhere about the allocation of CNs. People are under the notion that the earlier you apply the smaller your CN. This is proof that its wrong. Hubby applied on the 2nd day of the window and well look at my CN yet Ash who applied on the 2nd last day has 29k. I will tell you why its wrong. The computer randomly selects the winners. so once all your applications are there, its up-to the computer to see you first or last, or not to see you at all. I read on a Nigeria forum some place else where a guy made 49 entries, changing a name on each but submitting the same pictures for all, well, one of the entries with a wrong name got selected. Dilemma if you ask me. On another note hubby needs to read as much coz he's the principal, its good you print for him.

I too had been under this illusion due to the DV2012 lottery fiasco which led to results cancellation.The computer @ the time selected the first 22,000 entries to have been submitted on the opening day!!!!(who knows what has been happening to the previous DVs???).According to an explanation from a USgov official,the parameters were changed such that the computer would select winners date wise(from what I gathered) thus everyone would have a fair chance.

But this also begs the question as to how do Nigerians manage to get very low CNs??answer is very many of them apply on the opening day thus furthering the notion that early entry guarantees a low CN!!I'm yet to hear of a Nigerian with a CN past 30,000!!!

Due to a programming error, the results of the 2012 DV lottery, which had been available since May 1, 2011, were rescinded on Friday, May 13, 2011. 22,316 applicants had been notified that they had been selected for further processing. David Donahue, assistant secretary for Visa Services asserted that due to an error in the selection program, the selection had not been random, with more than 90 percent of winners selected coming from among those who had submitted their applications during the first two days of the registration period. As a result, the decision was taken to void all selection results and re-run the selection process. New results were published on July 15, 2011. Kirit Amin, forer Chief Information Officer for the Bureau of Consular Affairs and Director for the Office of Consular Systems and Technology, narrowed down the figure further to 98%._source_wikipedia

I too had been under this illusion due to the DV2012 lottery fiasco which led to results cancellation.The computer @ the time selected the first 22,000 entries to have been submitted on the opening day!!!!(who knows what has been happening to the previous DVs???).According to an explanation from a USgov official,the parameters were changed such that the computer would select winners date wise(from what I gathered) thus everyone would have a fair chance.

But this also begs the question as to how do Nigerians manage to get very low CNs??answer is very many of them apply on the opening day thus furthering the notion that early entry guarantees a low CN!!I'm yet to hear of a Nigerian with a CN past 30,000!!!

Obeez, yo right about the Nigerians, i have been to their forum on Nairaland, man you wont see a 30k CN but like i said we applied on day 2. and Ash on the second last day, it doesn't make sense. Her CN is half mine.

sample of the second notification letter

Below follows a sample of the 2nd letter which will be available 4-6 weeks before the interview at the Entrant Status Check on the E-DV website https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/

--------------------------------------

Dear DV Applicant,

This is the official notice for you to pursue your application for a DV-2012 visa. An appointment has been scheduled for the applicant at the stated location. The applicant and all members of the family must appear at the appointed date and time for your interview. Please notify the office listed if you cannot keep the appointment.

The applicant and any eligible family members will be required to submit sufficient proof of identity upon arrival. If you fail to obtain a DV-2012 visa by September 30, 2012, your registration will expire. Applicant and family members cannot be issued a diversity visa or accompany you or join you in the United States under DV-2012 program after September 30, 2012.

Please follow instructions provided in step 4 at http://www.dvselectee.state.gov for Interview Preparation and Fee Payments. It is very important that you follow the guidelines carefully in the preparation for your interview. All fees must be paid before the visa interview and are non-refundable if the visa is refused.

Interview Appointment

U.S. Embassy in X country

Date of interview XXXXX

The Kentucky Consular Center has completed the processing of your case. Further inquiries should be addressed to the interviewing office. When communicating with the Embassy/Consulate either by telephone or letter, always refer to the applicants’ name and case number exactly as they appear below.
Case Number: xxxxxx
Principal Applicant Name: xxxxxxx
Preference Category: DV DIVERSITY
Foreign State Chargeability: Your Country

If documents are listed below as incomplete, please present the completed documents at the time of interview.
Case Number: XXXXXX
Applicant Name: XXXXXX
Beneficiaries: None XXXXXX

Your right, it is random selection and not first come first pick. As for our interview preps, I will ensure I pump the info into him before the d-day.