• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 Program-Online Registration October 4 - NOV 2ND, 2011.

My biggest problem is that I have 'had a taste' of it ! I blame my husband - he was the reason I went to California so much and fell in love with it.

Now that I know what it is like to live there, I miss many aspects of it. The biggest thing to come to terms with is this time it won't be a holiday - it's the BIG move.

:)

Don't blame your husband,he did the right thing as a loving and caring husband.Many husband wouldn't have done that even if given the opportunity.

Don't blame your husband,he did the right thing as a loving and caring husband.Many husband wouldn't have done that even if given the opportunity.

Ah, you have misinterpreted my text - it was said in jest. Here we often say 'I blame ___ for this" and laugh. It is not a serious statement, it is lighthearted. The truth is the opposite - it is he who gave the chance to live there.

Q

My biggest problem is that I have 'had a taste' of it ! I blame my husband - he was the reason I went to California so much and fell in love with it.

Now that I know what it is like to live there, I miss many aspects of it. The biggest thing to come to terms with is this time it won't be a holiday - it's the BIG move.

well, i hope i am selected

Guy we all hopes and dreams but the truth is,its just a lottery with randomize luckily selected.So its not best one just put all hopes on it when you truly know that its just a random luck to be selected.Well there's nothing wrong if hoping to be selected but make sure you have alternative apart from the lottery.
Its a personal thing to be hoping and dreaming while sitting down doing nothing.For me i can't put my hope on the lottery when i have my alternatives.

Ah, you have misinterpreted my text - it was said in jest. Here we often say 'I blame ___ for this" and laugh. It is not a serious statement, it is lighthearted. The truth is the opposite - it is he who gave the chance to live there.

Q

@Qewty sorry for the misinterpretation.

I will lay off that forum & that DV thing & live life like i wasn't selected, then on may 1st i will see c you in 12... 11 days guys

Ok, gotcha! Thanks!

So, What's happening this year in June that didn't happen before?

Usually, some regions do not become current until the very end of the lottery year, say August, and some don't ever become current. This year, in June, months before the end of the interview period, almost all regions became 'current'.

Usually, some regions do not become current until the very end of the lottery year, say August, and some don't ever become current. This year, in June, months before the end of the interview period, almost all regions became 'current'.

Ok, and what does it mean being "current"?
Which ones are those regions?

Thanks!

Ok, and what does it mean being "current"?
Which ones are those regions?

Thanks!

You need to check the official government bulletin which comes out monthly

http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

or you can have the bulletin emailed to you. You can see all the past bulletins, plus this months and a projection of the next.

Current means if you have a number, you will have an interview organised soon. At least I am pretty sure that's what it means - sometimes even I forget after so much forum reading lol

Q

http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

or you can have the bulletin emailed to you. You can see all the past bulletins, plus this months and a projection of the next.

Current means if you have a number, you will have an interview organised soon. At least I am pretty sure that's what it means - sometimes even I forget after so much forum reading lol

Q
@Qewty i really hope to meet you and your family in CA.

I'm dieing of silence for real.
DV2000 to DV2012 Not Selected
Entered DV2013:Nov 5,2011 (God knows)
1ST NL Recvd:
Send To KCC:
KCC Recvd:
2ND NL Recvd:
Interview Date:
Medicals Report:
Police Cert:
Visa Pick-Up:
P.O.E:San Jose-San Francisco,CA/New York/Texas
GC Recvd:
SSN Recvd:
I believe in God almighty.

Last edited by a moderator:

Q

Ok, got it.
Thanks again! ;)

Its being weeks now hearing from @Bahamaschick and others in this thread.I just hope they are fine.

@Schoolboy, We are all here with u. Just waiting for that D day. Just felt like keeping cool till a day or two to that day. Hope for the best and trust God. One Love!

I was trying to keep my mind busy so i wont think about May 1st.

Same here. But I am starting to get anxious as the days go by. But once we find out the results, we will be fine and say "ah well, on to the next one". LOL! But I will be happy if anyone on this forum wins.

~Sigh~ But the USA is such a nice country to live and I can see why over 4 million people are on the waiting list for a Family Sponsor visa......

@Schoolboy, We are all here with u. Just waiting for that D day. Just felt like keeping cool till a day or two to that day. Hope for the best and trust God. One Love!

My bro in as much as i would be happy if i get selected and to go to the USA,but then i have motivated myself not to border much about May 1st cos don't want to have a heart broken if not selected.And i looking forward after May 1st cos the very big question we should be asking ourselves here in this DV2013 thread should be AFTER MAY 1ST WHAT NEXT.