• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 Program-Online Registration October 4 - NOV 2ND, 2011.

I am still here and getting quite anxious/nervous/excited all at the same time!

What timing for major papers for my studies this next week - keeps me distracted I suppose. After such a long wait we are nearly there :)

As always, warm wishes to everyone as we 'hold our breath' :)

Q

Yes, very late nights up studying - 2am makes for a tired day at work lol

Q

But are you preparing for any professional exam?if so i wish you success and best of LUCK.Come out in a flying colors.

Warm wishes 2uall...just 8days left to Tue, May 1st. May God grant our heart desires!!
@SCHOOLBOI: i undastand u! kudos 2u 4 keeping d thread active. By Gods grace, ur efforts wunt b in vain cum May 01.
Gudluk et al..

One was selected on May 1st but later disqualified due to ... So the next selection none of them were selected...that is d reason I didn't rely much on may 1st dis year Am just neutral...its a 50 50 chance..I pray I laugh at end...

The result for this year's DV2013 may not be as last year's DV2012, cos they have learnt their lesson's. I want to bliv the additional DIGITAL SIGNATURE inlcuded in this year's confirmation page has a significant role to play on the result. Or what do u guyz think? One Love!

One was selected on May 1st but later disqualified due to ... So the next selection none of them were selected...that is d reason I didn't rely much on may 1st dis year Am just neutral...its a 50 50 chance..I pray I laugh at end...

did you apply the first day for all of them?
Me too was a former 22k... so i learned my lesson & waited for october 20th to apply this year

When you enter should not have any bearing on your chances of being selected, as the winners are randomly drawn. That is what the lawsuit was over, that the winners was not actually being randomly drawn. Not that they are, entering on the last day should have no disadvantage over entering on the first day.

When you enter should not have any bearing on your chances of being selected, as the winners are randomly drawn. That is what the lawsuit was over, that the winners was not actually being randomly drawn. Not that they are, entering on the last day should have no disadvantage over entering on the first day.

well, according to dos explaination, each single days should have approximatively the same amount of selectees...
& that lawsuit... even if the plaintifs win, they forget one major thing : DOS DOES NOT HAVE TO GIVE THEM THE GC, they only win the chance to proceed & believe me that each person who filed the lawsuit, who sent money to the lawyer & who sent threat to DOS won't get the visa, DOS will find any reason to deny them the visa just like they denied visitors visa to some 22k who kept talking

hey

did you apply the first day for all of them?
Me too was a former 22k... so i learned my lesson & waited for october 20th to apply this year

Nope, I applied for them different days...but the person that was selected I registered for him in the first day...this time I registered for myself, girlfriend and my younger brother that's all...I hope and pray God hears my prayer o...

well, according to dos explaination, each single days should have approximatively the same amount of selectees...
& that lawsuit... even if the plaintifs win, they forget one major thing : DOS DOES NOT HAVE TO GIVE THEM THE GC, they only win the chance to proceed & believe me that each person who filed the lawsuit, who sent money to the lawyer & who sent threat to DOS won't get the visa, DOS will find any reason to deny them the visa just like they denied visitors visa to some 22k who kept talking

Is that true that some of the 22,000 were denied Visitors visas? I find that hard to believe. I am one of the 22,000 and came back in the states on a working visa 6 months ago. But...I did not take part in the lawsuit, nor sign any petitions nor join any groups....I do not like it when potential immigrants sue the Australian government...so I will not do that myself. It is a privilege for a country to accept you, not something you can demand. Having said that, the USA immigration system is a complete shambles, their work-based and family-based processes are ridiculous and it all works against the USA's own interests. This DV Lottery is also ridiculous, ( I myself thought it was a scam until I met someone who had won) and now I apply in desperation to avoid the long wait which will see my eldest child "age-out" What good it the green card to me if I have to send my first child home, and the others can stay?
I admit - if the lawsuit succeeds..I won't say no!

Good Luck all on May 1st.

I will have mercy upon whomever I do have mercy,
And I will show compassion to whomever I do show compassion.
So then,it depends not upon the one wishing nor upon the one running,
But upon God,who has mercy.

Is that true that some of the 22,000 were denied Visitors visas? I find that hard to believe. I am one of the 22,000 and came back in the states on a working visa 6 months ago. But...I did not take part in the lawsuit, nor sign any petitions nor join any groups....I do not like it when potential immigrants sue the Australian government...so I will not do that myself. It is a privilege for a country to accept you, not something you can demand. Having said that, the USA immigration system is a complete shambles, their work-based and family-based processes are ridiculous and it all works against the USA's own interests. This DV Lottery is also ridiculous, ( I myself thought it was a scam until I met someone who had won) and now I apply in desperation to avoid the long wait which will see my eldest child "age-out" What good it the green card to me if I have to send my first child home, and the others can stay?
I admit - if the lawsuit succeeds..I won't say no!

Good Luck all on May 1st.

Me too was a 22k & am now in USA. I didn't like that lawsuit neither but wasn't part of the lawsuit, didn't sign any petition. but on the 22k facebook page, some members claim to have been denied the visa... But i think the reason is the lawsuit & petition that got them the refusal... a former 22k i told me he got his work permit & me i am actualy in usa... but if they do win, i take the visa but i hope i get selectednext monday

From the unreal lead us to the Real, From darkness lead us to Light. From death lead us to immortality.

My future depends on this day! May 1 2012. May the grace of God shine on us all!

Warm wishes 2uall...just 8days left to Tue, May 1st. May God grant our heart desires!!
@SCHOOLBOI: i undastand u! kudos 2u 4 keeping d thread active. By Gods grace, ur efforts wunt b in vain cum May 01.
Gudluk et al..

Yes i claim that and i pray that God almighty to grant everyone of us here favor in this year DV2013. Amen.

Hello everyone. I know this question has been asked many, many times. But as we are approaching May 1st I thought it would be a good time to ask so everyone knows what to do.

If I were to win on May 1st - what do I do? Specifically:

• Is it possible to tell from my case number my rough chance of getting a visa?
  • If I send off my forms quickest will I get interviewed first?
  • Do I have to send off any money immediately?
  • If I didn't send my forms until the end of May am I risking my chances of getting a visa?
  • Are the 'forms' I have to send just standard forms or do I also have to send police checks and education certificates immediately?

I'd really appreciate it if someone could answer those questions for me and I'm sure others would find the answers helpful too!

Thanks and good luck!

Hello everyone. I know this question has been asked many, many times. But as we are approaching May 1st I thought it would be a good time to ask so everyone knows what to do.

If I were to win on May 1st - what do I do? Specifically:

• Is it possible to tell from my case number my rough chance of getting a visa?
  • If I send off my forms quickest will I get interviewed first?
  • Do I have to send off any money immediately?
  • If I didn't send my forms until the end of May am I risking my chances of getting a visa?
  • Are the 'forms' I have to send just standard forms or do I also have to send police checks and education certificates immediately?

I'd really appreciate it if someone could answer those questions for me and I'm sure others would find the answers helpful too!

Thanks and good luck!

Hi :)

You can tell when your interview might be by the number, looking at last years bulletins. Generally if it is a really really high number, your chances are less, but that depends on what region you are from.
If you send off your forms quickest you will get processed before the slower ones :)
You do not have to send money at that stage.
Some people wait months before sending off their forms, but I would not wait - it is still a lottery at that point even though you have a number.
The police and education checks are done after the initial forms are sent back.

Good luck!

Q