• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 Program-Online Registration October 4 - NOV 2ND, 2011.

I don't know why, but I'm not feeling this may 1st as I used to feel it other times I enter for DV lottery. Well, I hope everything turns out good at the end of the day! ;)

Note:
My bro DV program is just a lottery and about randomize luckily selected.So if you don't get selected rather than just seat down and be dreaming try get a plan B and C to get to the USA if you are damn serious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Note:
My bro DV program is just a lottery and about randomize luckily selected.So if you don't get selected rather than just seat down and be dreaming try get a plan B and C to get to the USA if you are damn serious.

Some people play for decade & never got selected... So they end up cheating (duplicate entries...) & also many people don't even read the rules so they just register as much as they can (one guy from bangladesh entered 2000 times in 2012...), other submit wrong pictures ect.. So when you see 12.5 millions entries, know that a good percentage of them are illegitime

Be Wise Dubbies

I don't know why, but I'm not feeling this may 1st as I used to feel it other times I enter for DV lottery. Well, I hope everything turns out good at the end of the day! ;)

]Other times (previous May 1st) you used to feel great as your hope/expectation was high....; but you were not selected.
So, don't you think that it is better you feel hopless, not sure, no high expectation...., and got selected at the May 1st??? Which of these do you prefare, Dubbies???
[/B][/B]

Hi Everyone!
This is my first post. It's been so helpful reading all your posts for the last months, but now I have a question about this June thing:

Another thought: All regions are 'Current' in June because they maybe making up for lost time between May 1st and July 15th (over two months). This may have put DoS, selectees and KCC behind schedule. They have to ensure that there isn't an over-run of the Fiscal Year. But I can be wrong!

What's happening this year in June that didn't happen before?
What's DoS?

Thanks!

12 days.. the sad thing is that most of us will get desapointed

That's not a positive way to look at things! But I know you're right. I've started relying too heavily on May 1st to make my next decisions in life... Severely hoping for the best! :)

That's not a positive way to look at things! But I know you're right. I've started relying too heavily on May 1st to make my next decisions in life... Severely hoping for the best! :)

me too i am hoping for the best, 12 days before the big results... I know it is a lottery but at least in this lottery, we are sure to have winners...

Me, if selected, i just stay in usa & file AOS... do not want to go back to canada, damn winter....
to keep my hope high, i keep telling myself that there are a huge amount of fraudulent & illegitimate entries that give us better odds

12 days.. the sad thing is that most of us will get desapointed

yes what i know about this lottery is that unexpected people would win this lottery but by the grace of God we shall be among the unexpected people that would win.

me too i am hoping for the best, 12 days before the big results... I know it is a lottery but at least in this lottery, we are sure to have winners...

Me, if selected, i just stay in usa & file AOS... do not want to go back to canada, damn winter....
to keep my hope high, i keep telling myself that there are a huge amount of fraudulent & illegitimate entries that give us better odds

My bro Note that most selectees/winners of DV2013 would not be from this thread/forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guys whether selected or not selected let us still be family members as we always be here cos not everyone of us here would be selected.So i guess we keep along to ourselves and look beyond this forum.

Are you guys fully convinced that this DV-Lottery is 100% random? Since the economy is not doing so well, someone may have programmed the algorithm/software to select mostly people with advanced degrees. Do you think that they will make it public if this is the case? I guess they can do whatever they want. Just a thought. But we shall see in 12 days...:cool:

My bro as you say (just a thought) can still be for real.But to what prove do you have for this?

I know exactly what you mean Jess - I currently have 2 parallel lives; one without winning the lottery, one if I do. I suspect we are often 'on the same page', and probably the same websites lol.

I think here in Oceania our chances are roughly 5% (if I remember correctly there were approx 15K applications last year and 900 selected). Some days, I don't think about the lottery too much - regular life keeps my feet well and truly in the 'here and right now!", but other days I think very heavily of the choices I will have to make should we get selected.

Will I be disappointed with a no in 2 weeks? Yep, I will. But I will very quickly shrug it off and keep doing what I need to do here.

And then start all over again come October lol

:)

Whilst it is important to live your life as you have it right now, there is nothing wrong with saying "yes, I like my life, but I think I would like another one now please :) "

Q

is it true that one guy got a B1 visa denied because he won the lottery so they advised him to process with the lottery directly

I know exactly what you mean Jess - I currently have 2 parallel lives; one without winning the lottery, one if I do. I suspect we are often 'on the same page', and probably the same websites lol.

I think here in Oceania our chances are roughly 5% (if I remember correctly there were approx 15K applications last year and 900 selected). Some days, I don't think about the lottery too much - regular life keeps my feet well and truly in the 'here and right now!", but other days I think very heavily of the choices I will have to make should we get selected.

Will I be disappointed with a no in 2 weeks? Yep, I will. But I will very quickly shrug it off and keep doing what I need to do here.

And then start all over again come October lol

Whilst it is important to live your life as you have it right now, there is nothing wrong with saying "yes, I like my life, but I think I would like another one now please :) "

Q

Definitely on the 'same page' ;) haha. However unfortunately I don't have anything for me here, there's nothing "happening". Every day is spent thinking about the lottery basically. I don't have a job or a place to live really even.. I have no plans for if I get a 'no' in 2 weeks.... Kind of just wait and see! :(

My biggest problem is that I have 'had a taste' of it ! I blame my husband - he was the reason I went to California so much and fell in love with it.

Now that I know what it is like to live there, I miss many aspects of it. The biggest thing to come to terms with is this time it won't be a holiday - it's the BIG move.