• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 Program-Online Registration October 4 - NOV 2ND, 2011.

yup, finger crossed... but honestly, I do not realy want the green card anymore since After spending 8 months in usa & 8 in canada, Canada is by far way better so i'm heading back there

@Jayo2k,welcome back bro.Its good to have you back on forum.

They will be no cancellation this time around bro. They av learnt their lesson the hard way, nd of course you will win again, but this time, it will be permanent. Just keep your fingers crossed. Wishing you and
everyone in the house succeess. One Love!

@Ovicity,i am having this feeling that DV2013 results would still be a pathetic but some selectees would still come from this forum.

@Ovicity,i am having this feeling that DV2013 results would still be a pathetic but some selectees would still come from this forum.

My friend, dont worry! You will win this time IJN(Amen). Nothing is impossible before God. I can understand your fears. Its really painfull you know. If one have to wait for something like this for this long and later u were not selected. Believe it or not, i was in tears when i checked last year's result and discovered that i wasn't selected. God, i felt so bad and for awhile, i wasn't thinking straight. But i had to put up courage and told myself that i will never give up. Please bro, dont give up. There's still hope for u and i out there. We will make it in God's own time and this is that time, DV2013. It is well. One Love!

yup, finger crossed... but honestly, I do not realy want the green card anymore since After spending 8 months in usa & 8 in canada, Canada is by far way better so i'm heading back there

Could u please just give us a little lecture about US and CANADA? I think the whole house would want to learn something out of this.

@Jayo2k,welcome back bro.Its good to have you back on forum.

thanks for the greeting, long time since I came

Could u please just give us a little lecture about US and CANADA? I think the whole house would want to learn something out of this.
Sure, let me start with the usa.
-Don't get me wrong, it's a great country & wouldn't mind living there but it has its cons. The medical systeme is very expensive & even more when you don't have the medical coverage, the school system... If you haven't got enough money to live in a "rich" place or to send your kids to private school, they will end up in the public system & believe me, i'ts crap, they will end up mixed with ghetto kid (no racist I'm black) who knows nothing, lapdancing 10 years old girls (saw that in miami), underpaid teacher who don't gives a crap ect...
Good school cost lot of money especialy uniiversity (15k if you are an in state student, 30k for the rest)
guns... american just love guns & who says guns says violence. Random public shooting while not happening everyday is not rare, every month there is one like this month there have been 3 allready (as far as i know) in ohio schools & playground. & the economy is hard right now, finding a good job is a hard task, I've seen people begging for a part time minimum wage job... & the house foreclosure (when the bank take your house back & sell it at a very discounted price).
But when you got a high degree you could do very well here, the weather is great (at least on the east coast & the south), easy to create a business (but you'll have to buy a gun to protect it...).

Canada now :
Most US resident I know that lived in canada tell me that Canada is better for raising your kids, less hoodrats, less thugs, better school systeme, less violence (the only bad thing that can happen to your kid at school it's him getting into a fight... but you won't hear random shooting (although it happened only twice in Quebec history..).
The violence is a huge factor between usa & canada, There is no single place in Montreal & toronto where I will feel unsafe walking deep night alone. The housing is a better quality in canada, In usa, despite some few places, most houses & 3 storey residential building are made in wood... So you can't walk at night without waking up the whole house, it gets old very quick, in case of fire... You know how wood react to fire, everybody hear when you talk... While in Toronto, montreal & most canada, it is concrete houses & residential building so it is rock solid, you can put loud music, no one will hear. Lot of parcs, cheaper schooling system (i pay $2100 per year for university), not very hard to find a job, ver few ghetto peoples & hoodrats... but you'll have to deal with the winter

there is so much more to says, any question, feel free

My ideal scenario will be to have both residence so i can live in both countries & when the kids are old enough, i let them freeze their butt in canada & i move to the usa permanently

Hehehehe he.....

-Don't get me wrong, it's a great country & wouldn't mind living there but it has its cons. The medical systeme is very expensive & even more when you don't have the medical coverage, the school system... If you haven't got enough money to live in a "rich" place or to send your kids to private school, they will end up in the public system & believe me, i'ts crap, they will end up mixed with ghetto kid (no racist I'm black) who knows nothing, lapdancing 10 years old girls (saw that in miami), underpaid teacher who don't gives a crap ect...
Good school cost lot of money especialy uniiversity (15k if you are an in state student, 30k for the rest)
guns... american just love guns & who says guns says violence. Random public shooting while not happening everyday is not rare, every month there is one like this month there have been 3 allready (as far as i know) in ohio schools & playground. & the economy is hard right now, finding a good job is a hard task, I've seen people begging for a part time minimum wage job... & the house foreclosure (when the bank take your house back & sell it at a very discounted price).
But when you got a high degree you could do very well here, the weather is great (at least on the east coast & the south), easy to create a business (but you'll have to buy a gun to protect it...).

Canada now :
Most US resident I know that lived in canada tell me that Canada is better for raising your kids, less hoodrats, less thugs, better school systeme, less violence (the only bad thing that can happen to your kid at school it's him getting into a fight... but you won't hear random shooting (although it happened only twice in Quebec history..).
The violence is a huge factor between usa & canada, There is no single place in Montreal & toronto where I will feel unsafe walking deep night alone. The housing is a better quality in canada, In usa, despite some few places, most houses & 3 storey residential building are made in wood... So you can't walk at night without waking up the whole house, it gets old very quick, in case of fire... You know how wood react to fire, everybody hear when you talk... While in Toronto, montreal & most canada, it is concrete houses & residential building so it is rock solid, you can put loud music, no one will hear. Lot of parcs, cheaper schooling system (i pay $2100 per year for university), not very hard to find a job, ver few ghetto peoples & hoodrats... but you'll have to deal with the winter

My ideal scenario will be to have both residence so i can live in both countries & when the kids are old enough, i let them freeze their butt in canada & i move to the usa permanently

My husband and I are cracking our brains here! This is too much hehehehehehehe!

Canada now :

Well done bro. Now let me ask you this question. If Canada has all this advantage over US, why is it that residence in Canada still want to migrate to the US? It means something is still missing in Canada which only the US can provide. I want to understand your argument very well. Based on what you wrote, i want to agree with you that a lay man would wish to settle in Canada over US. But you still have to explain to the whole house why You guyz still want to migrate to the US even with all this features in Canada. Thanks. One Love!

If it helps for my opinion, my husband is Canadian, and he moved from Canada to the US over 10 years ago (we are in Australia now). He left Canada because of the winters - very very cold and harsh, and also the income in the US is much much better for him than Canada (he is in the IT field).

I guess it all depends at what stage in life you are at (children or no children), what field of work you will be looking into, and also where in the US you plan to move to. Our experience is of south bay California, and although there was violence on the news, it wasn't close to us and didn't affect us.

I know I lot of people prefer Canada, and it is a great choice too, if we have the choice of either of them, we would choose the US - it's just too cold in winter for these old bones of mine! :)

Q

Well done bro. Now let me ask you this question. If Canada has all this advantage over US, why is it that residence in Canada still want to migrate to the US? It means something is still missing in Canada which only the US can provide. I want to understand your argument very well. Based on what you wrote, i want to agree with you that a lay man would wish to settle in Canada over US. But you still have to explain to the whole house why You guyz still want to migrate to the US even with all this features in Canada. Thanks. One Love!

One word : The media... The movie will make you think that this place is heaven & the other is hell.
True, some people opinion will be different, some will prefer USA, other Canada.
Many canadian setle in usa but the oposite is also happening, many many american are moving to canada, In fact, american citizen are the ones who get deported from canada the most after mexican, about 1000 to 1500 americans are deported back to usa from canada each years.

For the violence : Basicaly if you stay ou of troubled area, don't associate with weird peoples, you are safe... But home invasion, robery at gun point are not rare.. many innocent peoples are killed over dumb argument

Why I wan to migrate to USA? Well, I want the green card so i could set up my business in usa easily while studying in canada & spendng most of my time there. The US market is bigger & has a greaer worldwide influence.

True in usa he high salary are higher than in canada but this is mostly due to tax... While in canada you pay taxes for everything, in usa you barely pay taxes for services thus you pay for medical yourself which is very expensive, you save for your retirement yourself, you pay for the school yourself... at the you spend more on services than canadian taxes... one best exemple is university... you pay 5 times more in usa than in Canada because in canadaa you are taxed for that

Last edited by a moderator:

@Jayo2k,canada with good economic and better society life style with peace and less crimes and is invisible comparing to the USA that is visible.

No matter what country you look at there is good and bad.

There is so many reasons why I like USA.

But it is the land of possibilities, no matter what kind of job you want, no matter if you want to live the big city or smallville, no matter if you want snow or sun, no matter if you want city life or nature life.
Compared to many other countries, you decide what you want to do with your money instead of paying everything to the government.
Freedom freedom.

/Claus

Canada now :
The violence is a huge factor between usa & canada, There is no single place in Montreal & toronto where I will feel unsafe walking deep night alone. The housing is a better quality in canada, In usa, despite some few places, most houses & 3 storey residential building are made in wood... So you can't walk at night without waking up the whole house, it gets old very quick, in case of fire... You know how wood react to fire, everybody hear when you talk... While in Toronto, montreal & most canada, it is concrete houses & residential building so it is rock solid, you can put loud music, no one will hear. Lot of parcs, cheaper schooling system (i pay $2100 per year for university),deal with the winter

@Jayo2k,you are absolutely right even though the weather focas in canada is sometimes terrific but still okay.

@Ovicity,canada citizens migrating to the USA,also citizens of the USA migrating to the canada.No country in this world is %100 perfect.We humans always migrate from one place to other.

If it helps for my opinion, my husband is Canadian, and he moved from Canada to the US over 10 years ago (we are in Australia now). He left Canada because of the winters - very very cold and harsh, and also the income in the US is much much better for him than Canada (he is in the IT field).

I guess it all depends at what stage in life you are at (children or no children), what field of work you will be looking into, and also where in the US you plan to move to. Our experience is of south bay California, and although there was violence on the news, it wasn't close to us and didn't affect us.

I know I lot of people prefer Canada, and it is a great choice too, if we have the choice of either of them, we would choose the US - it's just too cold in winter for these old bones of mine! :)

Q

@Qewty,comparing to the cold in Antarctica,russian,Alsaka,ice land,Norway or sweden.These are places you talk of real cold.Only Edmonton that i know that is much cold like that in canada and not be compare with all these countries have mention.So canada is still okay.

My friend, dont worry! You will win this time IJN(Amen). Nothing is impossible before God. I can understand your fears. Its really painfull you know. If one have to wait for something like this for this long and later u were not selected. Believe it or not, i was in tears when i checked last year's result and discovered that i wasn't selected. God, i felt so bad and for awhile, i wasn't thinking straight. But i had to put up courage and told myself that i will never give up. Please bro, dont give up. There's still hope for u and i out there. We will make it in God's own time and this is that time, DV2013. It is well. One Love!

@Ovicity,i admired your courage,pls keep it up.

@Qewty,comparing to the cold in Antarctica,russian,Alsaka,ice land,Norway or sweden.These are places you talk of real cold.Only Edmonton that i know that is much cold like that in canada and not be compare with all these countries have mention.So canada is still okay.

Very true.
Lot of people are leaving the US just like lot of them are coming in.
Many people are flying to europe, Oceania just like people leaving... Me for instance, Born in Angola yes but grew up in France & when I got the chance, I moved out while many will love going to France.
The weather in canada is not as hard as I though, one thing to keep in mnd is that Canada is very sunny & humid (East coast) so you don't realy feel the cold... During my first year in Montreal I was very surprised I wasn't cold even at -30... & this year in Boston, we had an overall hot winter even in canada & i didn't even wear a coat...

Coming to immigration, Canada is doing a better job because the US immigration systeme is so strict that mostly only familly members gets the green card & most of them are poor so they barely help the inovation, they mainely do labour & menial jobs... The USA needs to change that to start giving green card to skilled workers not just to familly members (husbands, wifes & childrens)

Haha...I thought I was the only one. My only reason of still wanting this USA lottery is bcos of the green card. I have been in Canada (Ottawa) since a year and four months now as an Intl. student, and I'm loving it here. If not for the benefits of the green card, for instance, here in Canada, Citizens and Permanent residents, their school fees are way cheaper than Intl. students, and many other benefits. So if I happen to win the lottery ;), it's just the green card that would make me leave Canada for USA.

Very true.
Lot of people are leaving the US just like lot of them are coming in.
Many people are flying to europe, Oceania just like people leaving... Me for instance, Born in Angola yes but grew up in France & when I got the chance, I moved out while many will love going to France.
The weather in canada is not as hard as I though, one thing to keep in mnd is that Canada is very sunny & humid (East coast) so you don't realy feel the cold... During my first year in Montreal I was very surprised I wasn't cold even at -30... & this year in Boston, we had an overall hot winter even in canada & i didn't even wear a coat...

Coming to immigration, Canada is doing a better job because the US immigration systeme is so strict that mostly only familly members gets the green card & most of them are poor so they barely help the inovation, they mainely do labour & menial jobs... The USA needs to change that to start giving green card to skilled workers not just to familly members (husbands, wifes & childrens)
@Jayo2k,yes true talk but for the GC it shouldnt be given to skilled workers alone cos the USA already have enough skilled working applicants.So the GC is for all.DOS is aware of all these.

@Jayo2k,yes true talk but for the GC it shouldnt be given to skilled workers alone cos the USA already have enough skilled working applicants.So the GC is for all.DOS is aware of all these.
I know, maybe I said it wrong, I didn't mean to only give the green card to the skilled worker, but to increase the skilled worker green card, they should find the right balance.