• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 Program-Online Registration October 4 - NOV 2ND, 2011.

Time is moving on

Hi everyone,

I thought I would say hi to everyone in the DV '13 forum - I actually looked it up and it's only 66 days until May 1st! (although I guess I will be checking on my May 2!). I hope everyone is well and happy and keeping themselves busy. I am busy at work plus studying too - plenty to occupy my mind. In about another month I will start to look again at my paperwork to see where I am up to with that. I like to always be the optimist :)

Anyway, have a great weekend.

Warm wishes (its 38/100 degrees today!)

Q

My birthday is the ending part of next month and my fiance birthday is in the middle of April so my mind will be busy planning a party and dinner.

Q[/QUOTE]
@Qewty,A great weekend to you too.66 days to May Ist.Yea forumites might be busy now but soonest DV2013 will be boiling point or hot seat.

Last edited by a moderator:
My birthday is the ending part of next month and my fiance birthday is in the middle of April so my mind will be busy planning a party and dinner.

What great distractions! I hope they are all wonderful - the birthdays, the party and the dinner! I LOVE planning special dinners. We had a welcome home dinner for friends recently who had gone to New York for 5 weeks - I couldn't wait to hear all about it. They loved New York, although they said the prices had gone up a big, food and such.

Anyway, hope your birthdays are terrific :)

Q

@Qewty,A great weekend to you too.66 days to May Ist.Yea forumites might be busy now but soonest DV2013 will be boiling point or hot seat.

@Schoolboy - and we will all be in this together. Who says the world is a small place? So nice to be able to share, not matter what happens. I'm a great believer in positive thought and prayer - it's out of our hands what happens, but being able to support and share in the forums makes the journey so much better to make.

Q

Q[/QUOTE]

@Bahamaschick,happy birthday to you and to your fiance.May this DV2013 visa lottery be our own year of blessing in this DV2013 thread.
Amen.

@Schoolboy - and we will all be in this together. Who says the world is a small place? So nice to be able to share, not matter what happens. I'm a great believer in positive thought and prayer - it's out of our hands what happens, but being able to support and share in the forums makes the journey so much better to make.

@Qewty,that s why we are here in DV2013 thread to give advices,share ideas and its also about educating,infomative,enlighten,and a proactive thread to be.We DV2013 applicants in this thread/forum are here to be our brothers and sisters keeper.I think DV2013 will be one of the best thread in more threads to come.No wonder some applicants from other threads are envious of our DV2013 thread.Good job guys,keep it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone!!

Qewty, Schoolboy, Bahamaschick and every other DV2013 forumite. I'm glad ur still around. Gosh, 66days??? Time flies indeed. Let's keep this thread alive

Greetings house

Wow!!!!!, Just some few more days to go, isin't that great. My son's 1year Birthday will be comming up around April also. Well, so much to keep me busy till that fateful day. We will all have course to sing praises on that day. I want to wish everyone success and may this year come with alot of GOODDIES for each and everyone in the house, (Amen). One Love!

Wow!!!!!, Just some few more days to go, isin't that great. My son's 1year Birthday will be comming up around April also. Well, so much to keep me busy till that fateful day. We will all have course to sing praises on that day. I want to wish everyone success and may this year come with alot of GOODDIES for each and everyone in the house, (Amen). One Love!

@Ovicity,happy birthday to your son in advance.Good news to come to us DV2013 applicants in this thread May Ist.

@Ovicity,happy birthday to your son in advance.Good news to come to us DV2013 applicants in this thread May Ist.

@Schoolboy, thanks bro, i really appreciate. I hope u are doing well. Good job to you and to every other member for keeping this thread active. May God crown all your efforts with success IJN(Amen). It is well. One Love!

@Schoolboy, thanks bro, i really appreciate. I hope u are doing well. Good job to you and to every other member for keeping this thread active. May God crown all your efforts with success IJN(Amen). It is well. One Love!

@Ovicity,Amen and Amen.

So, 60 days to go - where will you move to?

Not long to go now.

I thought I will inject some fresh optimism in our forum and ask my DV 2013 forumites a question in positive thinking of our entries this year.

The question is

Where will you move to in the United States after winning the lottery? :cool:

We plan to move back to an area in the South Bay (San Francisco), probably Fremont or San Mateo. We lived there before and love it.

How about you all?

Q

Not long to go now.

I thought I will inject some fresh optimism in our forum and ask my DV 2013 forumites a question in positive thinking of our entries this year.

The question is

Where will you move to in the United States after winning the lottery? :cool:

We plan to move back to an area in the South Bay (San Francisco), probably Fremont or San Mateo. We lived there before and love it.

How about you all?

Q

@Qewty, that's a rather brilliant way of rejuvinating this thread again as we reach the final mile.
I have never been to the states before and I ddont have/know any friends or family that live there but as my signature indicates, I will move to Texas or New York.
New york, well because everybody wants to live in the big apple and being a big state there is bound to be jobs. I have to state here that I know its not a gurantee that I will get one as soon as I land there becoz of the state of the job market but my guess is there is a higher number of low paying jobs to start with until one can settle down and find a good job in their field. But the cost of living in New York is relatively high hence my other choice
My other choice for Texas is because the cost of living is on the lower side and being a big state the job prospects seem to be higher.
I could be wrong on the assumptions I made on the above mentioned states but as someone who has never been there and with no connections in America, I rely solely on what I read and hear.

@Qewty, that's a rather brilliant way of rejuvinating this thread again as we reach the final mile.
I have never been to the states before and I ddont have/know any friends or family that live there but as my signature indicates, I will move to Texas or New York.
New york, well because everybody wants to live in the big apple and being a big state there is bound to be jobs. I have to state here that I know its not a gurantee that I will get one as soon as I land there becoz of the state of the job market but my guess is there is a higher number of low paying jobs to start with until one can settle down and find a good job in their field. But the cost of living in New York is relatively high hence my other choice
My other choice for Texas is because the cost of living is on the lower side and being a big state the job prospects seem to be higher.
I could be wrong on the assumptions I made on the above mentioned states but as someone who has never been there and with no connections in America, I rely solely on what I read and hear.

I don't really know where to live. i think (eeeeeeeeeeeemmm) i need to wait to see the result before i start cracking my brain

I don't really know where to live. i think (eeeeeeeeeeeemmm) i need to wait to see the result before i start cracking my brain
My friend we are winners before we start any battle. That's the power of positive thinking... I don't think u need to crack your brains for this. And if you do decide to wait, keep waiting. And good luck