• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 Program-Online Registration October 4 - NOV 2ND, 2011.

@ovicity yea i ought to have travelled as schedule but things wouldn't or couldn't go the way i wanted it to go.But anyway i still spent the christmas in a nice atmospheric place.

Have a LUCKY & wonderful 2012!!

May The Year 2012 Bring for us Happiness, Success, Peace, Hope & Togetherness of our Family/ Friends & also be a glorious year that rewards all our future endeavors with success!!!

May happy times and warm memories brighten our new year!!!!

Wishing You a... Happy NEW Year!!Have a lucky & wonderful 2012

:)

@mele nice one from you.
Compliment of the season.This NEW YEAR 2012 will bring blessing and favour to us in this forum DV2013.Once again Happy NEW YEAR house.

The months are moving by so slow sigh :(

I know how you feel Bahamaschick. I think we all do at times :)

Then I realise, in just over 2 weeks it will be Februrary, this its only March and April to wait.

And, if I get an Oceanic number.....there will not be ENOUGH time for me lol

All the best!

Q

DV2013 Victory is near!!

Hi guys.

Its been a long time anyone posted something to this thread. We are 3months away from our victory. I know its still a bit far off but considering we have had a long wait from October, I say we have just turned the corner and within reach. What say you dear forumites??

Hi guys.

Its been a long time anyone posted something to this thread. We are 3months away from our victory. I know its still a bit far off but considering we have had a long wait from October, I say we have just turned the corner and within reach. What say you dear forumites??

Hi verdite,

Good to hear from you. Nothing much has changed. We the hopefuls will find out on the 1st May 2012 whether or not we are one of the 100,000 selected worldwide. I imagine the computer program has done its randomising work and USCIS already has the list of the successful applicants that have been selected. Whatever happened happened, and whatever will be displayed on the ESC website come 1st May was a done deal a long time ago by now I imagine.

I read somewhere that the reason it takes so long to announce the result(s) is due to the large amount of preparation that takes to process the Diversity Visas at the Embassies and Consulates worldwide, but I can't remember where I read it as its been a while now.

Take care.

Hi verdite,

Good to hear from you. Nothing much has changed. We the hopefuls will find out on the 1st May 2012 whether or not we are one of the 100,000 selected worldwide. I imagine the computer program has done its randomising work and USCIS already has the list of the successful applicants that have been selected. Whatever happened happened, and whatever will be displayed on the ESC website come 1st May was a done deal a long time ago by now I imagine.

I read somewhere that the reason it takes so long to announce the result(s) is due to the large amount of preparation that takes to process the Diversity Visas at the Embassies and Consulates worldwide, but I can't remember where I read it as its been a while now.

Take care.

Hey man, its been a longtime. Yes I'm sure they pretty much have the results now of who has won. Will just have to let time takes its course until 1st of May..

DV2013, Good To Be Back

Dv2013
Guys it is good to be back in this forum/thread.I am pretty much aware that the random draw/selections have been done and DOS has the record/datas of all the new DV2013 winners even though the results will be announce by May 1st.The random draw/selections is always done every first week of January of every year on/for the fiscal program.Once again its good to be back.

Big Wave :)

Hi Everyone

It's finally February and we are on our way to May 1st ! So strange to know that most likely the answer is already there - in the meantime, getting paperwork ready just in case, nicely put into my "lottery folder" :)

Life still goes on, work, plus a little bit of study to keep my mind busy :) Watching the politics and runners for the election in the States has also become a pastime of mine!

Very warm wishes my fellow lottery entrants

Q

Question for you.
How do you know that the draw is done always in January?
If that was the case, it doesn't seem logical that they waited 4 months before posting incorrect DV2012 results on May, only to annul the results a week after.
@kunato,i once belong to a forum/blog about 9 or 10 yrs ago.That was when i got to know that the draw is being done first or second week of January.
But i really don't know when and how the draw is being done now.But if you ask me, it is still done in January as it has being.After the fiscal program DOS uses there precious time for other crucial things but not just for DV programs alone within the four months to the announcement date and also for other relevant issues.During the fiscal program DOS has a sophisticated and modern software/technology that can detect multiples/fraudulents entries and also has software that can easily remove the photos that are not up to the specification requirment which is called RED EYE PHOTO REMOVER MACHINE and the sofware being use for the selection is TIMELINE MACHINE.After the end of the fiscal program or before the draw, DOS check for correct and incorrect datas and photos that meets the requirment and after the draw they still re check before announcing the results.DOS has so many crucial things to do with there time not just for only DV programs alone.
DOS check for these before the draw and after the draw before announcing the results.
1,Not usin theright format
2.missing of info
3.incorrect entries/datas
4.Right photo

5.Checking of multiples/fraudulents entries.
As for the DV2012,i can't really say what happened?but for what we all know was a computer glitch,which i guess must have been manipulated by someone which DOS later confirmed but do not want to agree that it was tempered or manipulated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone today is a sad day my house got broken in to the thieves stole all four of my laptops and playstation 3 tomorrow I will go shopping for a security system and laptop. Good thing I printed 5 confirmation page.

Oh Bahamaschick I am so sorry to hear that :( What a truly awful thing to happen. Hopefully 'judgement' will catch up with them one day!

Good news about the confirmation number though :) Good thinking.

Q

Hi everyone today is a sad day my house got broken in to the thieves stole all four of my laptops and playstation 3 tomorrow I will go shopping for a security system and laptop. Good thing I printed 5 confirmation page.

So sorry to here this. They are going to be punished if they don't repent and change their lives. However, it's a good thing that you printed the C. page.