• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 Program-Online Registration October 4 - NOV 2ND, 2011.

No jobs in California, High taxes... people are leaving this state for Nevada & Texas

The sunbelt is not sunny for the job market... Many people are flooding to Massachusetts from Florida & many other states

I wonder what is it about Massachusetts that is getting people flocking over there??? Was also reading about this state in money magazine. Are they not feeling the economic crisis as much as other states and are their job markets booming or something??

I wonder what is it about Massachusetts that is getting people flocking over there??? Was also reading about this state in money magazine. Are they not feeling the economic crisis as much as other states and are their job markets booming or something??

@Jayo2k,masschusett is the leading state of New State Economic Index in the USA right now.Whereby institutions and residents have embraced the digital economic.Other states with good economic index are washington,Maryland,New Jersey and connecticut.While the lowest scoring states are Arkansas,Alabama and wyoming.

@Schoolboy, I don't think South Sudan will make a big difference to the African pool of visa. If they had just 496 entries then that's too few to be noticed. Don't worry my friend, Africa will still have slightly more or less the same amount of Visas.

@Verdite,i thought of that too.But lets keep our fingers cross on that and we hope so for the better.

@Jayo2k,masschusett is the leading state of New State Economic Index in the USA right now.Whereby institutions and residents have embraced the digital economic.Other states with good economic index are washington,Maryland,New Jersey and connecticut.While the lowest scoring states are Arkansas,Alabama and wyoming.

hehe, the quote systeme might be messed up in that case because in fact the quote wasn't from me, someone quoted me when i spoke about massachusetts.
for the moment i live in massachusetts, in the boston area

Now I know this might be a silly question but.....

Exactly when can we check online? Is it after just after midnight May 1 USA time? Or is it business hours?

Since I will be checking May 2 Aust time (around our dinner time if it's midnight there) I just wanted to know how it all works, and does their website crash because of everyone checking?

Q

Exactly when can we check online? Is it after just after midnight May 1 USA time? Or is it business hours?

Since I will be checking May 2 Aust time (around our dinner time if it's midnight there) I just wanted to know how it all works, and does their website crash because of everyone checking?

Q

0:01 on may first, last year i checked 1 minute after midnight (new york time)

@Qewty,DV2013 result would be release on May 1st precisely between 12:00am to 12:10am New York,Eastern Time.While in Australia which i guess would be about 3:00pm thesame May 1st in NSW time Australia or 2:00pm Brisbane time Australia or even depending on the part of Australia or better still to know more of the time difference between New York time USA and NSW time,Australia or one country time to another check www.timeanddate.com DOS website it... slow down of network or network fluctuating.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Jayo2k,okay you live in Boston,MA.Now tell us how is the economic meltdown in MA.

The economy is showing sign of improvement but still is hard, many peoples tells me that in MA it is not as hard as other states so i wonder how bad it might be elsewhere... to give you some exemples :
foreclosure are out of control, if you have money, it is the best time to buy a house because the bank are taking them back & selling them less than half of theiir price... you can find houses for 70k... For thoses who knows the Massachusetts market know that 70k for a familly house if a very very low price, normal prices are 400k...
charity food are full & i even saw people begging for part time minimum wages jobs... but it is improving

The economy is showing sign of improvement but still is hard, many peoples tells me that in MA it is not as hard as other states so i wonder how bad it might be elsewhere... to give you some exemples :
foreclosure are out of control, if you have money, it is the best time to buy a house because the bank are taking them back & selling them less than half of theiir price... you can find houses for 70k... For thoses who knows the Massachusetts market know that 70k for a familly house if a very very low price, normal prices are 400k...
charity food are full & i even saw people begging for part time minimum wages jobs... but it is improving

@Jayo2k,from what i can see,it seems the economic in MA is still far better comparing to other states.If you have been to other states you would understand that MA economic is still better cos i still have some close family friends there.

@Jayo2k,from what i can see,it seems the economic in MA is still far better comparing to other states.If you have been to other states you would understand that MA economic is still better cos i still have some close family friends there.
Yes that's what I said, the economy is hard but better than most states.
New ork state seems to be doing pretty well so does new jersey

our condo building is selling condos for 50k that's not bad

one word : crisis...
whhere is that? If good location I may buy one... but my feelings tells me is an under 100k city far from a big one, maybe in the midle of nowhere like nebraska

DV2013 Applicants Here Get Yourself Ready

Note:To all DV2013 forumites here to get all your documents ready and intact for the big day May 1st, whether you would be SELECTED or NOT just try to get fully prepared for May 1st.Nobody can tell of May 1st results.You never can't tell who would be SELECTED.So the best is to be fully prepared.Advice to all DV2013 applicants here.

Its in North Miami Fl the neighborhood is full of old retired people so its nice and peaceful.

Please don't trick people into going to Florida... Even miami is wack...
Florida : -worst education system in the whole north america (including USA & Canada)
-Stand your ground law (basicaly a law allowing anyone to murder anyone as long as he tells the police it was self defence... even when the victim wasn't armed, check the Trayvon Martin story... a young 17 year old boy who got EXECUTED by someone who followed him, confronted him & shot him while on the ground... Trayvon wasn't even armed & was returning home from a 7/11 shop. Get into an argument with someone... shot & kill him, tells the police it was self defence & you remain free... Even if the victim wasn't armed nor agressive because the police will say "we can't prove tell if the victim was angry or not..."
-Very low salary
-High unemployement
-In USA but you have to speak spanish to have "good" job, WTF?
-Rude & uneducatd people
-One of the worst place to raise a child in USA & Canada combined
-Racist police
-Overall racist & segregated... While Florida is very diverse, each community stay with their own... Nobody mix

Welcome to Florida

I would suggest people to try Massachusetts, New york state, the whole new england, New jersey, Oregon, Washington state

Last edited by a moderator: