• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 Program-Online Registration October 4 - NOV 2ND, 2011.

@Jayo2k, how do you find/ rate the following states:
1) Illinois
2) Minnesota
3) Texas

In terms of divesity and job prospects??

@Jayo2k, how do you find/ rate the following states:
1) Illinois
2) Minnesota
3) Texas

In terms of divesity and job prospects??

Ok
Illinois :
Can't tell very much because I didn't watch that state since i wasn't realy interested in moving in. All I can say is that The job market in good & diverse.. Yes & no because you don't see lot of foreigners, just white, black & latino. You have Chicago which is pretty diverse in term of skin color

Minnesota : Don't know anything about it expet its harsh winter

Texas :
Pretty good deal, Very diverse & good climate, exept too hot summers
The job market is improving, many californians are flocking to Texas
The downside would be the gun law... But overall, good deal, just stay in large metro area like Dallas-Forthwox, Houston, Austin & San Antonio.
oh, a very good pont will be its housing market... In city like san Antonio you could get a high standing appartement with gym & pool for less than $1 000... But you need a car to go pretty much anywhere in texas

Please don't trick people into going to Florida... Even miami is wack...
Florida : -worst education system in the whole north america (including USA & Canada)
-Stand your ground law (basicaly a law allowing anyone to murder anyone as long as he tells the police it was self defence... even when the victim wasn't armed, check the Trayvon Martin story... a young 17 year old boy who got EXECUTED by someone who followed him, confronted him & shot him while on the ground... Trayvon wasn't even armed & was returning home from a 7/11 shop. Get into an argument with someone... shot & kill him, tells the police it was self defence & you remain free... Even if the victim wasn't armed nor agressive because the police will say "we can't prove tell if the victim was angry or not..."
-Very low salary
-High unemployement
-In USA but you have to speak spanish to have "good" job, WTF?
-Rude & uneducatd people
-One of the worst place to raise a child in USA & Canada combined
-Racist police
-Overall racist & segregated... While Florida is very diverse, each community stay with their own... Nobody mix

Welcome to Florida

I would suggest people to try Massachusetts, New york state, the whole new england, New jersey, Oregon, Washington state
I'm not tricking anyone to live in Florida i was just letting them know the condos are cheaper now starting from 50K and up

I'm not tricking anyone to live in Florida i was just letting them know the condos are cheaper now starting from 50K and up

@Jayo2k,if you are talking of states with racism,you could as well talked of the following states
Alabama
Oklahama
Mississippi
Utah
Minnesota
Arizona
Tennessi
D.C
Florida
Virginia.
Arkansas
Michigan,Northern part ful of racist
All these states are of affirmative,nepotism and discreminating.
States with less racism,
Maryland
New Jersey
New York
Goergia
illinois
Wisconsi
Michigan
California
New Hampshire
Not only florida that has racist.Where you will see hardcore racist is Alabama,misissippi and oklahama.
More info on www.answers.yahoo.com/question/index

Last edited by a moderator:

@Bahamaschick,could you please tell us how much is the cost of a studio apartment in florida as compared to the cost/rate in TX?

@Jayo2k,if you are talking of states with racism,you could as well talked of the following states
Alabama
Oklahama
Mississippi
Utah
Minnesota
Arizona
Tennessi
D.C
Florida
Virginia.
Arkansas
Michigan,Northern part ful of racist
All these states are of affirmative,nepotism and discreminating.
States with less racism,
Maryland
New Jersey
New York
Goergia
illinois
Wisconsi
Michigan
California
New Hampshire
Not only florida that has racist.Where you will see hardcore racist is Alabama,misissippi and oklahama.
More info on www.answers.yahoo.com/question/index

Where do you live right now? (remove DC from that list because DC is run by black people)

Please don't trick people into going to Florida... Even miami is wack...
Florida : -worst education system in the whole north america (including USA & Canada)
-Stand your ground law (basicaly a law allowing anyone to murder anyone as long as he tells the police it was self defence... even when the victim wasn't armed, check the Trayvon Martin story... a young 17 year old boy who got EXECUTED by someone who followed him, confronted him & shot him while on the ground... Trayvon wasn't even armed & was returning home from a 7/11 shop. Get into an argument with someone... shot & kill him, tells the police it was self defence & you remain free... Even if the victim wasn't armed nor agressive because the police will say "we can't prove tell if the victim was angry or not..."
-Very low salary
-High unemployement
-In USA but you have to speak spanish to have "good" job, WTF?
-Rude & uneducatd people
-One of the worst place to raise a child in USA & Canada combined
-Racist police
-Overall racist & segregated... While Florida is very diverse, each community stay with their own... Nobody mix

Welcome to Florida

I would suggest people to try Massachusetts, New york state, the whole new england, New jersey, Oregon, Washington state

you got some good point, but I dont understand why you are including Canada? as if ur saying florida is is worst even than Canada?

Canada is safe than most if not all states, education wise, ALL Canadian universities are considered grade A in terms of US school grading system. health care...etc etc.....for those who wanna be billionaires and superstars america is the place to TRY...for those who want a healthy affordable peaceful above average life, no country beats Canada.

Where do you live right now? (remove DC from that list because DC is run by black people)

@Jayo2k,the issue here has nothing to do with where i live cos i still have some friends,uncles and aunties in some of those racist states and less racist states mention above.
Its online for everyone to see.

you got some good point, but I dont understand why you are including Canada? as if ur saying florida is is worst even than Canada?

Canada is safe than most if not all states, education wise, ALL Canadian universities are considered grade A in terms of US school grading system. health care...etc etc.....for those who wanna be billionaires and superstars america is the place to TRY...for those who want a healthy affordable peaceful above average life, no country beats Canada.

@ryanss007,interms of the good economic,and peaceful average life style and affordable health care system and sound/quality affordable education.All these i can agree with you but at thesame time, the USA is still a place to be,take it or live it.Canada is invisible with strong cold weather if you are in canada you would no of this to the rest of the world but while the USA is visible to the rest of the world.But all thesame i can go for canada.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Jayo2k,the issue here has nothing to do with where i live cos i still have some friends,uncles and aunties in some of those racist states and less racist states mention above.
Its online for everyone to see.

Yes it does because I've lived in many countries (Belgium, France, UK, Canada & USA)... so i can ell you the racism toward black people is EVERYWHERE, some place less than other & from what I4ve seen, in New york, racism is less than in France & belgium just o say it... pretty much everywhere you'll go you will feel racism

You need to try and be optimistic and who knows This could be your time. Only a couple of weeks to find out. I know its painful to be told you haven't been selected but hey its a lottery...what consoles me is I have seen pple on this forum who have tried for 6 or 7 times and one who has tried for 14 times only to win on the 14 try.
When you see those pple then you will see that it ultimately pays off in the end to be resilient.

@ryanss007,interms of the good economic,and peaceful average life style and affordable health care system and sound/quality affordable education.All these i can agree with you but at thesame time, the USA is still a place to be,take it or live it.Canada is invisible with strong cold weather if you are in canada you would no of this to the rest of the world but while the USA is visible to the rest of the world.But all thesame i can go for canada.

You should live in one of thoses place before saying that...
Canada has its good & cons just like usa... & it is the cities that are known, not the average joe who lives in it... & try to live in NYC, Boston ect... expensive as hell

I saidd Canada because it is part of north America not to disgrace Canada...
I know canada has one of the world best school system, I studied in Canada in 2010 & as of september 2012 I will start a 4 year engineer courses in Canada

Same here. I'm someone who never seems to win lotteries/pools/raffles etc, or anything that generally involves chance or luck.

If you believe that you are unlucky then you will be unlucky... Believe that you are lucky then luck will come... Most of the time you don't see the luck... I though I was unlucky untl I realised that I had a wonderfull loving, carring & supporting wife... & pretty, realised that I was in a good shape, no illness, no dicease, not homeless... Then I was like "wow I'm lucky" because I have everything... Then luck is starting to come in my way... Proof? Ok...
wasn't supposed to be admited to my engineer courses without the preparation year but I did, wasn't supposed to remain in USA but I am still there LEGALLY without having to fight for it (& DOS know I was a former 22k)...
Just believe... & the DV lottery is not the end

If you believe that you are unlucky then you will be unlucky... Believe that you are lucky then luck will come... Most of the time you don't see the luck... I though I was unlucky untl I realised that I had a wonderfull loving, carring & supporting wife... & pretty, realised that I was in a good shape, no illness, no dicease, not homeless... Then I was like "wow I'm lucky" because I have everything... Then luck is starting to come in my way... Proof? Ok...
wasn't supposed to be admited to my engineer courses without the preparation year but I did, wasn't supposed to remain in USA but I am still there LEGALLY without having to fight for it (& DOS know I was a former 22k)...
Just believe... & the DV lottery is not the end

I should clarify: my comment was within the context of lotteries, pools and raffles. In other words, games. One could argue that life is a giant crapshoot on a philosophical level, but I was specifically elucidating my experiences within the boundary of random lottery and lottery-like games dictated by chance.

It is not about how much I “believe” in something. My desire, no matter how powerful, cannot overcome the basic fact that the result is determined by variables in a manner that is not within my control; just like a random lottery should be.

I should clarify: my comment was within the context of lotteries, pools and raffles. In other words, games. One could argue that life is a giant crapshoot on a philosophical level, but I was specifically elucidating my experiences within the boundary of random lottery and lottery-like games dictated by chance.

It is not about how much I “believe” in something. My desire, no matter how powerful, cannot overcome the basic fact that the result is determined by variables in a manner that is not within my control; just like a random lottery should be.

wont moneys in lotteris ... but small amount & won games before... some peoples plays the lottery for more than 20 years before winning