• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 Program-Online Registration October 4 - NOV 2ND, 2011.

I got this information from another forum. However, I think there is an application processing fee of $305 and $74 (other fee) in addition to the DV fee. I guess someone else can shed some light on this....

That's correct.

Page 6 states the following:

"ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

[..]

d) Diversity Visa Fee is $305 Processing Fee, $440 Additional Fee and $74 Surcharge Fee. The total of $819 for each applicant."

Wow, happy new year guys. It's good to be back on here with you guys. I've been busy with work and stuff. I am now in the UK lol. Just 2 months to go baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and God's willing all of us will be smiling on May 1st. I hope y'all have gotten everything ready just in case. I've already had mine ready, so I am just keeping my fingers crossed for the big day :)

Thanks guys.

Wow, happy new year guys. It's good to be back on here with you guys. I've been busy with work and stuff. I am now in the UK lol. Just 2 months to go baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and God's willing all of us will be smiling on May 1st. I hope y'all have gotten everything ready just in case. I've already had mine ready, so I am just keeping my fingers crossed for the big day :)

Thanks guys.

What sort of things have you got ready?

I've got most of my identity documentation together. I have my birth certificate and a few photocopies, my passport(s) are brand new so they don't need to be renewed, and I have some photographs that are quite recent. I haven't made an application and paid for a police/criminal background check, I haven't filled out any DS-230 forms whatsoever, nor have I booked a medical test, as I think that would be slightly premature at this stage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone today is a sad day my house got broken in to the thieves stole all four of my laptops and playstation 3 tomorrow I will go shopping for a security system and laptop. Good thing I printed 5 confirmation page.

What sort of things have you got ready?

I've got most of my identity documentation together. I have my birth certificate and a few photocopies, my passport(s) are brand new so they don't need to be renewed yet, and I have some photographs that are quite recent, but I haven't made an application and paid for a police/criminal background support, I haven't filled out any DS-230 forms whatsoever, nor have I booked a medical test, as I think that would be slightly premature at this stage.

@Bahamaschick,i am so sorry to hear this?it is awful to hear of things like thisdays cos have experienced such?but don't worry i can assure you that nemesis will catch up with them.God will judge the thieves.
@ololo 12 and @slash_dot,it is good to have you guys back on forum?its seems that some forumites are gradually coming back to the forum after some while?as of the reduction of DV fee from $819 to $440,i personally don't what to say about this? but in my own opinnion if it is true then it maybe that the bill of $30 to be charge per entry for DV program from this year might just be passed/implement/approved or was it because of the significant drop of entries/applicants in the last DV program?or DOS wants to make sure that so many countries to particicpate, but don't think it would be for the third world countries but maybe allow or encourage more selectees to pursue there visa process since the fee would be $440 and not $819 anymore.Well we still don't know the reason for this reduction of DV processing fee.Anyway welcome back guys?

@ Slash_dot. Stuff I got ready are as follows original copy of Waec, Testimonials from my secondary school and birth certificate for now.

That's correct.

Page 6 states the following:

"ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

[..]

d) Diversity Visa Fee is $305 Processing Fee, $440 Additional Fee and $74 Surcharge Fee. The total of $819 for each applicant."

The fee was actually reduced to $440 effective February 2nd.

"the Department reexamined the CoSM’s inputs to the Diversity Visa Lottery Fee. Upon reexamination, it was decided that the present fee adequately accounts for the costs of processing the immigrant visa application and enhanced security. The Department, therefore, has decided it will not charge the separate Immigrant Visa Application Processing Fee or Immigrant Visa Security Surcharge to Diversity Visa Lottery selectee- applicants and will amend the Schedule of Fees to so reflect."

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2012-02-02/pdf/2012-2075.pdf

The fee was actually reduced to $440 effective February 2nd.

"the Department reexamined the CoSM’s inputs to the Diversity Visa Lottery Fee. Upon reexamination, it was decided that the present fee adequately accounts for the costs of processing the immigrant visa application and enhanced security. The Department, therefore, has decided it will not charge the separate Immigrant Visa Application Processing Fee or Immigrant Visa Security Surcharge to Diversity Visa Lottery selectee- applicants and will amend the Schedule of Fees to so reflect."

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2012-02-02/pdf/2012-2075.pdf

That's excellent news, good find Firi!

That's excellent news, good find Firi!

Can't take credit for that. This was discussed on a different forum, so I'm just sharing the good news. I have my interview coming up in two weeks so I'm super excited about the new reduced fee :).

Can't take credit for that. This was discussed on a different forum, so I'm just sharing the good news. I have my interview coming up in two weeks so I'm super excited about the new reduced fee :).

i thk god for ur life.
by god grace i will be a winner.

I envy the DV2013 thread...very active and engaged!!!

Our little forum community supports each other :) We all have similar plans and dreams - it's a great place to share. I suspect we will be more active as the time draws closer too!

Warm wave from Oz

Q

Why did they reduce the visa fee?

Well, the DV visa fee itself has not been reduced and is at the level of $440 it was set at. They just charged an additional immigration visa fee of $305 and a security surcharge of $74. They are now saying that "the present fee adequately accounts for the costs of processing the immigrant visa application and enhanced security" thus they won't be charging the additional immigration visa fee and security surcharge.

@Qewty,well said,cos we DV2013 forumites makes this thread to be active.We are still expecting some forumites that took off for the xmas break and also more and more forumites would still come to this thread expecially concerning the reduction of DV fee from $819 to $440 and May Ist.

Our little forum community supports each other :) We all have similar plans and dreams - it's a great place to share. I suspect we will be more active as the time draws closer too!

Warm wave from Oz

Q

Back to forums.

First of all, Happy new year to everyone on this forum, and welldone for the good work you guys have been doing, for keeping this forum active till date BRAVO!. I used to be one of the members in this forum, esp. 2011 DV Winners from nigeria report here! i was off since almost a year now, due to some reasons. Am officialy back to this forum. I'm very happy to joined you guys with the good works, and my prayer for everyone is, all our expectations shall comes to joy, happiness and we shall all have greatest testimony by God grace from now on and in the month of May.(amen).

First of all, Happy new year to everyone on this forum, and welldone for the good work you guys have been doing, for keeping this forum active till date BRAVO!. I used to be one of the members in this forum, esp. 2011 DV Winners from nigeria report here! i was off since almost a year now, due to some reasons. Am officialy back to this forum. I'm very happy to joined you guys with the good works, and my prayer for everyone is, all our expectations shall comes to joy, happiness and we shall all have greatest testimony by God grace from now on and in the month of May.(amen).

Bro. am glad to see you back on this forum. l believe you have put the past behind you as we hope for great things in future.