• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 Program-Online Registration October 4 - NOV 2ND, 2011.

I don't even know my case number, lost it... But i applied on the first day so...

If we are correct that they will either reinsall May 1st winners or the 2% who were back filled, let's hope that you guys won't need the Case numbers to access the Entry status check for further instructions. Let's hope that KCC will send out emails....

If we are correct that they will either reinsall May 1st winners or the 2% who were back filled, let's hope that you guys won't need the Case numbers to access the Entry status check for further instructions. Let's hope that KCC will send out emails....

well, they should send emails if they reinstall because most people just deleted the CN, I do not think they will filter only the 2%, my case number was suposed to be current late november early december & i registered the first hour...

well, they should send emails if they reinstall because most people just deleted the CN, I do not think they will filter only the 2%, my case number was suposed to be current late november early december & i registered the first hour...

They should send emails. However, can you kinda guess if you were back filled by looking at the chart again since you remember the time you entered?

They should send emails. However, can you kinda guess if you were back filled by looking at the chart again since you remember the time you entered?
I found the screen print of the confirmation page, i will check that out

I just checked & wasn't random i guess, my number is 20121O7, on the scrpt it is for 2:45 pm... & I enered on october 5th at 2:20Pm... so let us hope that If i am not selected on may 1st 2013 & if they do reinstall some may 1st winner they reinstall all of them

I just checked & wasn't random i guess, my number is 20121O7, on the scrpt it is for 2:45 pm... & I enered on october 5th at 2:20Pm... so let us hope that If i am not selected on may 1st 2013 & if they do reinstall some may 1st winner they reinstall all of them

I hope they do thus the "current' regions in June...

Well, I doubt it has anything to do with the 2012 DV mistake, I am thinking it is simply making sure all visas are taken care of earlier.

Q

Well, I doubt it has anything to do with the 2012 DV mistake, I am thinking it is simply making sure all visas are taken care of earlier.

Q

well, i am only whishfull talking, but, may st is in 3 weeks so let us wait

Q

lnterviews have always gone untill the last days of September.It is not a normal occurence for interviews to end months b4 October.lt has always been a continous process one group finishes interviews in September another group starts interviews in October.May b they want 2 exhaust all visas like Jayo2k said,or they want to give the 2% an opportunity or they selected few winners in Dv 2012 as it had been said before.

lnterviews have always gone untill the last days of September.It is not a normal occurence for interviews to end months b4 October.lt has always been a continous process one group finishes interviews in September another group starts interviews in October.May b they want 2 exhaust all visas like Jayo2k said,or they want to give the 2% an opportunity or they selected few winners in Dv 2012 as it had been said before.

Possibly. Yes I know the normal timeframe for interviews (I even said to my husband, if we get a number, we can no longer think we might have a lot of time to prepare anymore! lol)

I have not read much more lately on the DV 12 as obviously my focus (and this forum) is on DV 13, and I don't see how calling for all interviews 4 months earlier means anything to those involved in the error a year ago. DV 13 is a new and completely separate process now, not a combination of 2 years visa processes.

I think there may be more likely a streamlining of their procedures and workloads, and conducting the interviews early will provide statistics sooner, see if all visa's are exhausted and allow staff to work on other processes. I was reading an article today called this "Forecast: Key Administrative Fixes to Immigration Laws on the Horizon-- Visa Interview Waiver, Regulatory Changes, and Other Improvements", at this site http://news.immigration-naturalization-law.com/ so I suspect their workload at immigration is going to increase quite substantially if these directives have taken effect.

Just my thoughts.

Having said all that, understand that I would love for all those affected by the mistake last year to be given their dues, I'm just not sure this change is about that :)

Q

@Styles a new group of DV selectees for a fiscal year start interviews from september according to their CN while issuances of visa is from october 1st.But for what Jayo2k said,i don't think DOS/kcc/consular/embassy would want to give the 2% an opportunity to their interviews but i still do not know if kcc would still have their infos on there datas base to process but it would be a case of having one CN on two different selectees from first draw and second redraw.And as we all know one CN is always asign to one selectee according to how its being selected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honnestly, if they planed to reinstall may 1st winners, they would have made it public especialy since that appeal (he lawsuit)... But they still can do it, remember last year they said that only 50 000 visas are avaiable, not that they can't add anymore winners... but it is very unlikely especialy since that lawsuit might have frustrated them

Another thought: All regions are 'Current' in June because they maybe making up for lost time between May 1st and July 15th (over two months). This may have put DoS, selectees and KCC behind schedule. They have to ensure that there isn't an over-run of the Fiscal Year. But I can be wrong!

Guys I don't think they plan to reinstate some May winners otherwise they would have at least publicised it. Remember some of the May winners had not even sent in their DS 230 and 122 forms yet so there is nowhere they are just gonna tell May winners to quickly gather all required documents by end of june to start their interviews from July to September.
Its not feasible

Another thought: All regions are 'Current' in June because they maybe making up for lost time between May 1st and July 15th (over two months). This may have put DoS, selectees and KCC behind schedule. They have to ensure that there isn't an over-run of the Fiscal Year. But I can be wrong!

@Windv, you could be right about that...

bingo!!!

I concur. Of all the reasons and explanations I've read, this is by far one of the most sensible and probably accounts for at least some of the reasoning behind this decision.

Hi

@jayo2k what do mean by bingo? Pls If u don't have anything to said just keep quiet instead of calling someone a bingo mind you we are here to help one another.

Last edited by a moderator:
@jayo2k what do mean by bingo? Pls If u don't have anything to said just keep quite instead of calling someone a bingo mind you we are here to help one another.
wow... Do you know what saying "bingo" mean?

two people are looking for something, one find it & say "bingo"...
You are trying to do something but you do not know why... you ry something & it works... you say "bingo"
& lastly :
Bingo is a lottery game, when someone has all the numbers he scream "bingo"...