• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 Program-Online Registration October 4 - NOV 2ND, 2011.

Wow! But I'm thinking that if we were meant to be selected, it won't really matter as to how many persons entered.

I've heard that Canada is very cold most of the year and racism is rampant there. Is that true? Also, what is the process to become a Canadian resident? Is it difficult like the USA? thanks

well, Canada is not cold most of the year, it has winter, autumn, spring & summer, depending on where you live, winter can be longer & harsher... For instance, Montreal has a long very cold winter (3-4 months with extreme arround -30° but most of the winter is arround -10/-15), Toronto is warmr, shorter winter , less snow & warmer, but both have hot humid summer... Calgary (the canadian silicon valley) has a harsh winter, vancouver's winter is not cold, -5° on average.

Racism in canada... well, sure quebec is harder for immigrant because historicaly, english speaker have always been more welcoming then french speaker but still you can do it, it is not racist, but honnestly, if you have a high degree, you will fair better in usa, higher salary & sky is the limit. while not racist (better then europe), english canada is still better than french canada but both are good.

If I'm not selected this year or if i have a high CN, I won't mind since i have my engineer course waiting for me in Montreal this september

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see you Ovicity and sending all the very best wishes for your son's birthday - have the most wonderful day with him and your family!

Q

well, Canada is not cold most of the year, it has winter, autumn, spring & summer, depending on where you live, winter can be longer & harsher... For instance, Montreal has a long very cold winter (3-4 months with extreme arround -30° but most of the winter is arround -10), Toronto is milder, winter shorter, less snow & warmer, but both have hot humid summer... Calgary (the canadian silicon valley) has a harsh winter, vancouver's winter is not cold, -5° on average.

Racism in canada... well, sure quebec is harder for immigrant because historicaly, english speaker have always been more welcoming then french speaker but still you can do it, it is not racist, but honnestly, if you have a high degree, you will fair better in usa, higher salary & sky is the limit. while not racist (better then europe), english canada is still better than french canada but both are good.

If I'm not selected this year or if i have a high CN, I won't mind since i have my engineer course waiting for me in Montreal this september

Yeah precisely.I hope every member here had a wonderful Easter sunday?

well, Canada is not cold most of the year, it has winter, autumn, spring & summer, depending on where you live, winter can be longer & harsher... For instance, Montreal has a long very cold winter (3-4 months with extreme arround -30° but most of the winter is arround -10/-15), Toronto is warmr, shorter winter , less snow & warmer, but both have hot humid summer... Calgary (the canadian silicon valley) has a harsh winter, vancouver's winter is not cold, -5° on average.

Thanks for the information. It's good that you have a plan 'B'...

I just checked the bulletin, and it says for June all are current.

Is that normal? What does that mean exactly for the DV 2012 people??

Q

Wow! All current in June (3 months before the end of the fiscal year)? This is a really good question as this has never happened in history of the DV-lottery.
:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! All current in June (3 months before of the end of the fiscal year)? This is a really good question as this has never happened in history of the DV-lottery.
:confused:

just like the redraw... something is definitely happening...

happy easter sunday house.and glad to see some new dv2013 applicants coming on board.once again you are welcome to this wonderful forum.we dv2013 forumites all hoping for a positive results come may 1st.

thanks schoolboy for the warm welcome. It's gud to be here as a member of this house.

I think so too. If all the visas are exhausted for the regions then you will read it as CURRENT?

I don'tt know. But if somehow they decide to reinstall the former selectee, how would they do with the case number sinces they are allready atributed to someone else?
But if they decided to reinstall, wouldn't they let us know?
Me I sent my documents last year when i was selected on may first, i know they kept all the forms...

I don'tt know. But if somehow they decide to reinstall the former selectee, how would they do with the case number sinces they are allready atributed to someone else?
But if they decided to reinstall, wouldn't they let us know?
Me I sent my documents last year when i was selected on may first, i know they kept all the forms...

Are you certain that the former selectees Case number were assigned to someone else? I thought that they reserved them until the lawsuit is complete.

If they decide to reinstall, my guess is that they will send an email notification.

Are you certain that the former selectees Case number were assigned to someone else? I thought that they reserved them until the lawsuit is complete.

If they decide to reinstall, my guess is that they will send an email notification.

well, they redrew it so i guess they provide the same case numbers, I forgot mine by the way, if they held the CN, then still a chance

well, they redrew it so i guess they provide the same case numbers, I forgot mine by the way, if they held the CN, then still a chance

The court may rule in favor of the 2% to which DoS claims were random. Were you back filled according to the chart?