• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 Program-Online Registration October 4 - NOV 2ND, 2011.

@jayo2k what do mean by bingo? Pls If u don't have anything to said just keep quiet instead of calling someone a bingo mind you we are here to help one another.

It is ok Obama, they are not being offensive :) It means "exactly! You have got it!" - like when you win a game of bingo and that is what you do when you win, you yell out that games name :)

Q

Another thought: All regions are 'Current' in June because they maybe making up for lost time between May 1st and July 15th (over two months). This may have put DoS, selectees and KCC behind schedule. They have to ensure that there isn't an over-run of the Fiscal Year. But I can be wrong!

Such an obvious answer, I think you might be right too!

:)

Well, it certainly gave us something to think about for a couple of days lol. How many days to go now???? :)

All of a sudden I'm getting this gut feeling that we (My fiance and I) will not be selected this year.. sigh:(

I have the opposite - and it's scaring the #^%$ out of me! I keep looking at my husband and thinking "will we have enough time to organise everything?" The good thing is he already has a job over there, so that's not the worry (even though I am the applicant, I am sure that is helpful). My biggest panic would be a low number, and an interview this year.

Bahamas, go grab a snack - I think it's just hunger down there, not a bad result :)

Q

I have the opposite - and it's scaring the #^%$ out of me! I keep looking at my husband and thinking "will we have enough time to organise everything?" The good thing is he already has a job over there, so that's not the worry (even though I am the applicant, I am sure that is helpful). My biggest panic would be a low number, and an interview this year.

Bahamas, go grab a snack - I think it's just hunger down there, not a bad result :)

Q
hahaha:)

I haven't organised anything yet my fiance is the principle applicant he doesn't want to gather anything until the results is out (stubborn).

Me niether do not want a low case number, the perfect senario would be being current arround april next year

I'm wondering, does this mean every remaining selectee will have to go for their interviews in June Or some could end up getting July interview dates????

I think due to the May results goof up many July successful entrants have not returned their documentation because either many of them may not be aware of the July re-draw OR other reasons (lost conf #, etc) and thus may not even know that they are winners.

I say this because I saw this strange section in this Visa bulletin, which was never included in previous years bulletin. So my guess is that the all regions are current possibly due to the fact that many successful entrants have not returned their documentation and thus they are not left with many people to be processed.

Also remember that this was the first time, no letters were mailed, and all was contingent upon retaining your confirmation #. It is also likely that a big number of entrants have not recorded their confirmation nos, lost them or thrown away after May results. It is probably all a theory with no way to prove, but this section below from the visa bulletin seems to suggest that outcome.

E. IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR DIVERSITY VISA (DV)2012 ENTRANTS

Successful entrants are encouraged to send in their required documents to the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) immediately, so that an interview appointment at the appropriate U.S. Embassy or consulate can be scheduled in the near future. In order for an appointment to be scheduled with either a U.S. Embassy or Consulate, entrants must first submit the Form DSP-122 and Form DS-230 to KCC. Embassies and Consulates only have a limited number of appointments each month, including September, for DV applicants, so it is vital that successful entrants mail these documents to KCC very soon. There is no guarantee that a successful entrant who submits all of the required documentation to KCC will either be given an appointment or issued a DV.

There are several reasons why successful entrants should submit their documents to KCC now. First, there are 50,000 DVs available for DV-2012. Once all of the 50,000 DV visas have been issued for DV 2012, the program will end. In addition, because no more than 3,500 individuals from a single country may receive DVs in a given year, once 3,500 from an individual country have received a DV, other selectees from that country will no longer be eligible to receive a DV. Finally, U.S. Embassies and Consulates only have six months left to issue visas to eligible applicants in the DV 2012 program. Successful entrants cannot be issued a DV after September 30, 2012. Participants are reminded to check the status of their DV entry through Entrant Status Check www.dvlottery.state.gov, using the confirmation numbers they received when they initially submitted their applications.

I think due to the May results goof up many July successful entrants have not returned their documentation because either many of them may not be aware of the July re-draw OR other reasons (lost conf #, etc) and thus may not even know that they are winners.

I say this because I saw this strange section in this Visa bulletin, which was never included in previous years bulletin. So my guess is that the all regions are current possibly due to the fact that many successful entrants have not returned their documentation and thus they are not left with many people to be processed.

Also remember that this was the first time, no letters were mailed, and all was contingent upon retaining your confirmation #. It is also likely that a big number of entrants have not recorded their confirmation nos, lost them or thrown away after May results. It is probably all a theory with no way to prove, but this section below from the visa bulletin seems to suggest that outcome.

Well said,you are absolutely right cos i have two DV2012 selectees who never pursued/processed their CN base on different personal reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well said,you are absolutely right cos i have two DV2012 selectees who never pursued/processed their CN base on different personal reasons.

Hello guyz....., Pls sorry my asking, Do u people ever sleep atall? I notice by 12am, 1am, 2am etc, reseach are still going on, postings are still made. God, i hope we dont have Witches and Wizards in this forum. I really admire ur strength and efforts, but men, i cant stay that late. If i do that, i will end up sleeping in the office the next day. I really envy u guyz and may God bless u for all this. One Love my friends!

Hello guyz....., Pls sorry my asking, Do u people ever sleep atall? I notice by 12am, 1am, 2am etc, reseach are still going on, postings are still made. God, i hope we dont have Witches and Wizards in this forum. I really admire ur strength and efforts, but men, i cant stay that late. If i do that, i will end up sleeping in the office the next day. I really envy u guyz and may God bless u for all this. One Love my friends!

Our forum family is all round the world Ovicity :)

I'm in Australia of course and I am also currently on holidays from work (my last week!) and usually study quite late into my evening, so my posts can be during the day, around dinner time (it is my 6pm Wednesday now) or my 1am if I am doing research! lol Then we have slash-dot in the UK, Bahamaschick in the Bahamas I am assuming, and of course our African forumites. Some of us are already in the USA, and some are from Europe. :)

Have I covered all our places so far? :D

Such a multicultural forum we have!

Q

Our forum family is all round the world Ovicity :)

I'm in Australia of course and I am also currently on holidays from work (my last week!) and usually study quite late into my evening, so my posts can be during the day, around dinner time (it is my 6pm Wednesday now) or my 1am if I am doing research! lol Then we have slash-dot in the UK, Bahamaschick in the Bahamas I am assuming, and of course our African forumites. Some of us are already in the USA, and some are from Europe. :)

Have I covered all our places so far? :D

Such a multicultural forum we have!

Q

@Qewty, U av truelly analysed all i needed to know. Thanks!

Dont Loose Hope

All of a sudden I'm getting this gut feeling that we (My fiance and I) will not be selected this year.. sigh:(

never u ever think that way. Jesus said 2 us in Mathew that what ever ye asked from him in his name believing, ye shall receive. So never loose u hope yet when may 1st is just 19days away.

never u ever think that way. Jesus said 2 us in Mathew that what ever ye asked from him in his name believing, ye shall receive. So never loose u hope yet when may 1st is just 19days away.

@Bahamaschick you have heard what Tiwanna said,don't loose hope yet i know its about a lottery which one is not suppose to put all hope but at the same time it is good for one to keep wishing him or herself good luck even if one don't win for this year but surely win for next year cos life is all about one step at a time or precisely like a ladder that we climb.Good luck house.

My bro this thread has gone beyond forum but now a family.We don't have a choice than to keep the thread going even if selected or not selected its part of us now we keep it going and its the members in this thread that are keeping this thread going and that's why we got evny by other threads.So Keep the good work going guys.Kudos to @Mele for creating this thread DV2013.

Last edited by a moderator:
My bro this thread has gone beyond forum but now a family.We don't have a choice than to keep the thread going even if selected or not selected its part of us now we keep it going and its the members in this thread that are keeping this thread going and that's why we got evny by other threads.So Keep the good work going guys.Kudos to @Mele for creating this thread DV2013.

@Schoolboy, True talk bro, but i hope another DV2013 thread will not be opened, cos i notice from previous years, once result are released, winners tends to open different threads on similar topics, knowing fully well that there's an active one already in motion. This they do, thereby making relevant informations difficult to get. I want to believe by now we should know how to cordinate ourselves so as to make things easy for everybody. Just my opinion, no offence please. All the best guyz as we all aproach JUDGEMENT DAY! One Love.

@Schoolboy, True talk bro, but i hope another DV2013 thread will not be opened, cos i notice from previous years, once result are released, winners tends to open different threads on similar topics, knowing fully well that there's an active one already in motion. This they do, thereby making relevant informations difficult to get. I want to believe by now we should know how to cordinate ourselves so as to make things easy for everybody. Just my opinion, no offence please. All the best guyz as we all aproach JUDGEMENT DAY! One Love.

Best of luck to all DV2013 applicants in this thread.

1st May is commig up so qucikly,

The DV is truly an epic Journey! The whole process drags from the October of entry till sometimes the September of the second year!

you guys are nearing potentially 35 - 40% of the road by now!

Mine ends as you check your entries! so no need for me to keep a count. 19 days to the finale for me! the tension is building! cannot think of anything else. life is at a standstill till we know for sure!