• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 Program-Online Registration October 4 - NOV 2ND, 2011.

Thanks Qewty I appreciate. I pray u av a smile on ur face come may 1st in Jesus Name. that's my Easter prayer for u.

Happy Easter sunday house.And Glad to see some new DV2013 applicants coming on board.Once again you are welcome to this wonderful forum.We DV2013 forumites all hoping for a positive results come May 1st.

Last edited by a moderator:
This year, little over 1,700 persons signed up for DV-2013 from my country. Can you imagine 'hoping' that the computer selects your name out of this number? (extremely slim chances). However, only 15 persons were selected in DV-2012 from my country.

Ah! This is the kicker for me too. My country of eligibility, while roughly double the amount of applicants and selectees yours has still renders my chances of winning statistically insignificant. Obviously as I've said before some do win, and there is no reason why it couldn't be me, but it's just hard to get my hopes up.

Ah! This is the kicker for me too. My country of eligibility, while roughly double the amount of applicants and selectees yours has still renders my chances of winning statistically insignificant. Obviously as I've said before some do win, and there is no reason why it couldn't be me, but it's just hard to get my hopes up.

Very true.!!! A chance is a chance where big or small....we shall see on May 1st.

Do not lose hope my friend. Most times the when you at the end of your patience and you don't think you can take it anymore, life will pull a surprise on you and grant you LUCK. So do not disper. We are all in this together. Welcome back. Oh and I noticed newtonn as well just joined us again. Welcome back guys!!

Thanks for the kind words. A forum member name radovic has been entering the DV-lottery for 14 years and was selected for DV-2012. So you're correct, patience is key. It will happen at the right time!!

3500 persons from angola including deriviatives ... & last year only 42... angola always range between 35 to 55 each years & since this year bangladeshi are not eligible, that means aditionals selectess per countries.
So i am optimistic, only 23 days away.
My plan B is canada, i have an engineer courses starting on september in montreal so... But i'd prefer having the GC so i could study in usa since quebec university are not as reconised as american or ven british ones

Wow! But I'm thinking that if we were meant to be selected, it won't really matter as to how many persons entered.

I've heard that Canada is very cold most of the year and racism is rampant there. Is that true? Also, what is the process to become a Canadian resident? Is it difficult like the USA? thanks

Happy easter my friends

I hope as we draw closer some of the older forumites we used to interact with shall return to join us here. Some of the members I remember are:
Ololo12
Windv
Ovicity
Highphy
Bichop
Odikro
And many others, I can't seem to remember all their names but who used to contribute to this DV2013 thread.

@Verdite, Schoolboy, Q, nd everybody in d house, i really missed u all. I was kind of very busy lately. I've been reading ur post but dont av time to contribute. My son,s 1year birthday is coming up 2morow. I'm inviting d whole house 2 come. U guyz are Angels sent from God to this earth 2 assist others. Though we av not seen eachother, but our souls are connected. May 1st is here again. We will all celebrate our victory this time. I'm back nd we are all prepared for America. Stay blessed my friends. One Love!

@Verdite, Schoolboy, Q, nd everybody in d house, i really missed u all. I was kind of very busy lately. I've been reading ur post but dont av time to contribute. My son,s 1year birthday is coming up 2morow. I'm inviting d whole house 2 come. U guyz are Angels sent from God to this earth 2 assist others. Though we av not seen eachother, but our souls are connected. May 1st is here again. We will all celebrate our victory this time. I'm back nd we are all prepared for America. Stay blessed my friends. One Love!

Ovicity, welcome and its good to have you back. Looks like our house is getting bigger by the day. Happy birthday to your son.

haha, let us all hope that a high number of fraudulent entries will be in our countries so our chance will go up hihi, 23 days to go

Happy birthday to your son (say me hi to him)

Wow! But I'm thinking that if we were meant to be selected, it won't really matter as to how many persons entered.

I've heard that Canada is very cold most of the year and racism is rampant there. Is that true? Also, what is the process to become a Canadian resident? Is it difficult like the USA? thanks
I think you will have to apply under skilled worker,I heard the process is much easier than US but it can take a year to be approved.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp

God, I really need this.

@win dv, welcome back.

Good to see you Ovicity and sending all the very best wishes for your son's birthday - have the most wonderful day with him and your family!

Q