• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 Program-Online Registration October 4 - NOV 2ND, 2011.

Suddenly I don't feel as ecstatic about May 1 approaching as I did when I did my entry. I have waited for this day for far too long now since November 5 when the submission date closed. It seems I have become calm now although I hope the excitement picks up soon because THIS IS THE YEAR OF RESULTS!!! All the best everyone...

Suddenly I don't feel as ecstatic about May 1 approaching as I did when I did my entry. I have waited for this day for far too long now since November 5 when the submission date closed. It seems I have become calm now although I hope the excitement picks up soon because THIS IS THE YEAR OF RESULTS!!! All the best everyone...

Me... I went through multiple change of mind, first I decded to wait mid october to register (last year fiasco), since apparently, each day needs to have the same amount of selectee (well, DOS explaination), then after I submited, I changed my mind about usa & wanted Canada instead... now since Canada date is close & may one too, I sudently do not want to leave usa anymore, waiting may 1st

Me... I went through multiple change of mind, first I decded to wait mid october to register (last year fiasco), since apparently, each day needs to have the same amount of selectee (well, DOS explaination), then after I submited, I changed my mind about usa & wanted Canada instead... now since Canada date is close & may one too, I sudently do not want to leave usa anymore, waiting may 1st

Having too much of hopes on DV lottery could break ones heart if not selected.That's why its best one don't put hopes on Dv cos its lottery and a matter of luck to be selected.

I hope as we draw closer some of the older forumites we used to interact with shall return to join us here. Some of the members I remember are:
Ololo12
Windv
Ovicity
Highphy
Bichop
Odikro
And many others, I can't seem to remember all their names but who used to contribute to this DV2013 thread.

Having too much of hopes on DV lottery could break ones heart if not selected.That's why its best one don't put hopes on Dv cos its lottery and a matter of luck to be selected.
I know, you know, I went through that last year since I was one of the 22k, so i went through harder than hoping to lose, I went from winning to then lose...
So... I still have plan B,we do not win? We head to canada & apply next year

since apparently, each day needs to have the same amount of selectee (well, DOS explaination)

Sort of. The applicant has an equal chance of selection irrespective of the day they chose to enter during the entry period, all other biographical data integrity notwithstanding.

then after I submited, I changed my mind about usa & wanted Canada instead... now since Canada date is close & may one too, I sudently do not want to leave usa anymore, waiting may 1st

I know what you mean. I love the UK, but I would still want to have a shot at life in the USA. I figured if I don't like where I initially immigrate to I'll try another state. At worst I'll simply go back to the UK, which is hardly a bad place to be (except the weather sometimes!)

Sort of. The applicant has an equal chance of selection irrespective of the day they chose to enter during the entry period, all other biographical data integrity notwithstanding.

I know what you mean. I love the UK, but I would still want to have a shot at life in the USA. I figured if I don't like where I initially immigrate to I'll try another state. At worst I'll simply go back to the UK, which is hardly a bad place to be (except the weather sometimes!)

well, from what I've learned since I'm in the states, is that you can compare it with the european union exept they only use english... Each states is completly different than the other (exept the new england states which are very similar), Each state can be concidered as a country, me for once, I found that I can't live in the south, too... republican, only the north eastt & the westcoast...

I lived in London... nice but a huck lack of sun... here in boston, sunny almost 8 days out of 10... when i say sunny, i mean clistal clear sky

Does the bangladeshi inneligibility change the chance of only asian entrants or every entrants no mater where hey're from?

Thank you

I hope as we draw closer some of the older forumites we used to interact with shall return to join us here. Some of the members I remember are:
Ololo12
Windv
Ovicity
Highphy
Bichop
Odikro
And many others, I can't seem to remember all their names but who used to contribute to this DV2013 thread.

Hi Verdite and others,

Thanks for mentioning me. However, I've been on the 'down low' in the past few weeks. I really do not feel optimistic about May 1st as I feel it's going to be the same results: "You have not been selected for further processing" blah, blah, blah. This year, little over 1,700 persons signed up for DV-2013 from my country. Can you imagine 'hoping' that the computer selects your name out of this number? (extremely slim chances). However, only 15 persons were selected in DV-2012 from my country. Better yet, I've already have plan B in place if I still want to move to the USA in the next two years (son will be naturalized). So my hopes for May 1st is: "whatever happens". But again, my optimism has decreased drastically this year. Chances are just too small! :)

It's also amazing to see how time is flying by so fast! Before you know it, it will be time to sign up for DV-2014 (if necessary)

Last edited by a moderator:
24 days to go

Welcome back jay! I remember I was one of the 1st persons to congratulate you when you won last year. Anyway, I hope you win again this year. WOW! Last year's fiasco feels like it happened yesterday (because time flew by so fast). :)

Hi Verdite and others,

Thanks for mentioning me. However, I've been on the 'down low' in the past few weeks. I really do not feel optimistic about May 1st as I feel it's going to be the same results: "You have not been selected for further processing" blah, blah, blah. This year, little over 1,700 persons signed up for DV-2013 from my country. Can you imagine 'hoping' that the computer selects your name out of this number? (extremely slim chances). However, only 15 persons were selected in DV-2012 from my country. Better yet, I've already have plan B in place if I still want to move to the USA in the next two years (son will be naturalized). So my hopes for May 1st is: "whatever happens". But again, my optimism has decreased drastically this year. Chances are just too small! :)

It's also amazing to see how time is flying by so fast! Before you know it, it will be time to sign up for DV-2014 (if necessary)

Do not lose hope my friend. Most times the when you at the end of your patience and you don't think you can take it anymore, life will pull a surprise on you and grant you LUCK. So do not disper. We are all in this together. Welcome back. Oh and I noticed newtonn as well just joined us again. Welcome back guys!!

Hi Verdite and others,

3500 persons from angola including deriviatives ... & last year only 42... angola always range between 35 to 55 each years & since this year bangladeshi are not eligible, that means aditionals selectess per countries.
So i am optimistic, only 23 days away.
My plan B is canada, i have an engineer courses starting on september in montreal so... But i'd prefer having the GC so i could study in usa since quebec university are not as reconised as american or ven british ones

Does the bangladeshi inneligibility change the chance of only asian entrants or every entrants no mater where hey're from?

The ineligibilty of bangladesh in asian region would a bit increase the chances of asian countries of getting visa cos if bangladesh would accounted for 2,373 selectees in last year DV2012 and spread it down to other asia countries it would a bit increase their chances.

I'm of a similar thinking. Australia has so much to love, but having lived in the States for a couple of years off and on, and my husband working in Silicon Valley, it's likely to be a good choice for us. If it is a no this year, we will just stay here and keep working hard. I have a double degree as well as work so I'm busy to make the time pass lol. We will just apply again this year. Another year, another application, life will move on :)

Q

but I am still positive about this year :)