• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

It doesn't matter how "good" the photos are in terms of your hair, makeup and smile. What matters is that the comply with the photo regulations (so they are the right size with your head in the right position and so on). I didn't go to the best studio on London, I stood my wife in front of the fridge and took the photo with a cheapie point and shoot camera. That photo was accepted and she was selected!! Don't spend a lot of money, just read the instructions carefully.

Haha, that's funny but if it works it works. The issue is in some of our countries down here you want to be sure that the studio has experience in these things. When i was returning my DV 2014 forms, we went to a studio we had used for 2013 but they didn't come out right. We took them and paid but we went to another studio where the size came out right but the color was just so weird. Only hubby and i went to a 3rd studio another day. We ended up picking and choosing what looked good from either batch for the kids. It can be that terrible.

Haha, that's funny but if it works it works. The issue is in some of our countries down here you want to be sure that the studio has experience in these things. When i was returning my DV 2014 forms, we went to a studio we had used for 2013 but they didn't come out right. We took them and paid but we went to another studio where the size came out right but the color was just so weird. Only hubby and i went to a 3rd studio another day. We ended up picking and choosing what looked good from either batch for the kids. It can be that terrible.
You know what the photos are very important.One has to be sure it is not basis of disqualification.My kenyan Friends please help me with a reference to the best studios in nairobi.I agree with you catchme.Good photos are important.How do you label them.With full names or how as you upload?

Wow it sounds like there are some REALLY bad photographers in Nairobi photo studios. These days it is hard to take a photo as bad as you are describing!

The most important features of the photo are the size (600 pixels square), the position of the eyes (about 200/250 pixels from the top), the relative size of the head (300 to 420 pixels high). The photo should be facing the camera, with a plain light coloured background. if a photo studio can't handle that, then they need to change their careers...

cathylis dv 2015 is on ? sina habari u can try ramogi studio hapo where wanaboard ma3 za juja they r good ! thats where i took mine! Thnxs God loves u ! James 1:17

2014AF00073xxx

DV 2015 finally here.For preparations i want to know the best studio in Nairobi to take photos.My Nairobi winners please advice.Someone told me that photos are so vital.

Here are us embassy approved studios...

Nairobi:

Expo Camera Centre Muthaiga Mini Market next to the video library Ksh. 500 (within 1 hr)
Photo Mural Gigiri (K) Ltd. Warwick Centre Gigiri Ksh 500 (within 1 hr) + Digital (15 min)
Studio Mona Photographer Hurlingham next to Barclays Ksh. 500 (Next day but urgent service available on request)
ColorM Processing Laboratory Ltd. Capital Centre Mombasa Rd. Ksh. 450 (15 min)
Chariot Photo Studio Reisurance Plaza Ksh. 350 (within 1 hr)

Mombasa:

Burhani Photographic Services Nakumatt Nyali Kshs. 500 (within 24hrs)
Camfoto Professional Photo Makadara Rd, Mombasa Ksh.500 (within 24hrs)

Interviews

For those DV 2013 and the DV2014 going for interview please ensure that all the documents that are required are in your possession... For those in Kenya ensure yôu request the confidential results from KNEC in time... A friend who was scheduled for interview on 26 aug and dint know about the kcse confidential results... they were sent back and told to reschedule but to date there are no interview dates available...despite having paid for the results to be sent by KNEC....

Here are us embassy approved studios...

Nairobi:

Expo Camera Centre Muthaiga Mini Market next to the video library Ksh. 500 (within 1 hr)
Photo Mural Gigiri (K) Ltd. Warwick Centre Gigiri Ksh 500 (within 1 hr) + Digital (15 min)
Studio Mona Photographer Hurlingham next to Barclays Ksh. 500 (Next day but urgent service available on request)
ColorM Processing Laboratory Ltd. Capital Centre Mombasa Rd. Ksh. 450 (15 min)
Chariot Photo Studio Reisurance Plaza Ksh. 350 (within 1 hr)

Mombasa:

Burhani Photographic Services Nakumatt Nyali Kshs. 500 (within 24hrs)
Camfoto Professional Photo Makadara Rd, Mombasa Ksh.500 (within 24hrs)

Thanks a lot.a will take the photos in one of these studios.God bless.Also hopeful on 2nd selection too.

Wow it sounds like there are some REALLY bad photographers in Nairobi photo studios. These days it is hard to take a photo as bad as you are describing!

The most important features of the photo are the size (600 pixels square), the position of the eyes (about 200/250 pixels from the top), the relative size of the head (300 to 420 pixels high). The photo should be facing the camera, with a plain light coloured background. if a photo studio can't handle that, then they need to change their careers...

Ha ha am in Kampala Uganda. The photographs when printed should also be the appropriate color. The color tones shd be right, in fact they say natural color or something like that but man you sit and wait and someone hands you trash.

DV 2015 finally here.For preparations i want to know the best studio in Nairobi to take photos.My Nairobi winners please advice.Someone told me that photos are so vital.

My Mum took my photo I standing infront of a white wall. It didn't come out good though. So I had to do some adjustments using some computer editing programs.
Cropping it to 600*600 increased the dpi to 300 etc.
So if u are good with editing programs you can tell your neighbor to take your photo. Then you do the editing by yourself.
All the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
How does one ensure that that the KCSE confidential results have been sent to the embassy and received by the embassy? I think one's responsibility ends when you submit the request to KNEC. Please those who have undergone this, kindly advice.

Thanks and GOD bless

You can call the embassy between 1pm and 4pm 02036622 or 0203753705 and ask for immigratvisa department .
How does one ensure that that the KCSE confidential results have been sent to the embassy and received by the embassy? I think one's responsibility ends when you submit the request to KNEC. Please those who have undergone this, kindly advice.

Thanks and GOD bless

Thanks a lot.a will take the photos in one of these studios.God bless.Also hopeful on 2nd selection too.

That list is outdated studios have upped their game i went to Galaxy studio on moi ave near kemu and they did a fantastic job especially getting my five month old son to pose and get it right was a splendid job. And they charge only 200 bob for 4 copies. I give them a thumbs up

hy enoo i take this chance 2 wish u success 2morrow mate wil kp u in my prayer cz i know u r a winner in Jesus name the visa is ua's rememba God loves u .Romans 8:16 Gods spirits joins himself to our spirit to declare we are God's children.all the best enoo rememba u r a winner already ! God bless u ,thanks !

2014AF00073xxx

Mailing Address – In Care Of............................
Address Line 1......................................
Address Line 2.......................................

Hi.Good morning friends.I want help on what to fill in the above spaces in the initial EDV application.I want to prepare well so as to avoid automatic disqualification.Also if one is married what Name should one include as surname?All my documents have my fathers name as surname.But am planning to get a passport with my husbands name as surname.which is the best option?please advice.