• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Let me ask this question for the last time. I really need as many responses as possible esp from those who had similar instances.
1. We know that some districts in Kenya have more than one name,some have been added, some removed etc example, Gucha/South Kisii, Elgeyo/Marakwet, Lugari/Malava, Nyamira/North Kisii. Because of those alternative names, your birth certificate may have your place of birth as Lugari while your passport has Malava as the place of birth (the two names refer to the same district) Is there any problem/does the Embassy know that?
2. some of us were born in the village which is in some district. Which one are we supposed to use as the place of birth in the passport? is it the village name, district name?

DV 2013 is almost coming to a close..am proud of you guys , you really made PAPA a proud guy, I took a back seat but have been visiting the page frequently, what I can say is that this has bee the most hot page in DV lottery history the admin can bear me witness and its because of the wonderful people of KEnya, Uganda, Burundi, we are all one..
OH AMERICA!! their national anthem is complicated ..well my observation so far..
1. Be patient don't come with a lot of fire ...(Yaani moto mingi) take each step at a time remember this is not a continuation of your professional life..(not in all field though but most)
2. Remember you ra toddler you have to be moved around coz you cant drive unless you have an international drivers license
3. You might want to visit some place but you are at the mercy of your host you go as per his/her schedule
4. America humbles you , with odr without degree watu wako sawa that's why The embassy insists on High school diploma, you should get prepared to do some jobs that you never imagined of (am not saying everyone) if you are lucky you will do something you like but its very rare. the good thing is you get to be paid every two weeks.
5. Maintaina healthy lifestyle because medical insurance is extremely expensive and this explains why Health proffesionals are highly paid, and also the reason why we have supermarket ya madawa only.
6. KERORO aka POMBE, BEER, you can have it yes, but don't DRIVE ukishikwa na DUI(Driving Under Influence), your drivers license sahau! form sometimes, You also risk your professional license ya kazi from being withdrawn, hefty lawyers fees, JELA ! arafu deportations..ask yourself if its WORTH it..Kunywa kwa hao ama let someone drive you kama uko high..
7. open a bank account
8. Wacha moto ya GC you will eventually get it, your passport and social security number is evidence enough to get employed as a legal immigrant..
9. Mambo ya Madame..ERO! funga zip ama ulipe 20% child support fro your salo..by default women are Always right by law..akipigia karao umemthreaten ole wako, you are gone..some Kenyans are in jail coz a woman faked rape..(Akataa-african American Women-story for another day)
10. Not last but stay FOCUSED! stay on course have a plan, know what brought you here, rudi shule..you will not regret..

.........to be continued,
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not
necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency of the U.S. government.................................................
Thanks for the info and for being our papa.

Members, do I need to request for a copy of the finger prints to accompany my police certificate, is it a requirement at the embassy?

Members, do I need to request for a copy of the finger prints to accompany my police certificate, is it a requirement at the embassy?

It is a must and you dont even request for it. It is always attached to your police certificate in Kenya

The embassy is only interested in Country of Birth, but if place of birth is required, indicate what is in the passport, because that is the main reference document they will use.

Let me ask this question for the last time. I really need as many responses as possible esp from those who had similar instances.
1. We know that some districts in Kenya have more than one name,some have been added, some removed etc example, Gucha/South Kisii, Elgeyo/Marakwet, Lugari/Malava, Nyamira/North Kisii. Because of those alternative names, your birth certificate may have your place of birth as Lugari while your passport has Malava as the place of birth (the two names refer to the same district) Is there any problem/does the Embassy know that?
2. some of us were born in the village which is in some district. Which one are we supposed to use as the place of birth in the passport? is it the village name, district name?

Hi papasam,this jarmsbi,this a good advice.
am travelling on tuesday 17th to hartsfield naja unikaribishe atlanta

DV 2013 is almost coming to a close..am proud of you guys , you really made PAPA a proud guy, I took a back seat but have been visiting the page frequently, what I can say is that this has bee the most hot page in DV lottery history the admin can bear me witness and its because of the wonderful people of KEnya, Uganda, Burundi, we are all one..
OH AMERICA!! their national anthem is complicated ..well my observation so far..
1. Be patient don't come with a lot of fire ...(Yaani moto mingi) take each step at a time remember this is not a continuation of your professional life..(not in all field though but most)
2. Remember you ra toddler you have to be moved around coz you cant drive unless you have an international drivers license
3. You might want to visit some place but you are at the mercy of your host you go as per his/her schedule
4. America humbles you , with odr without degree watu wako sawa that's why The embassy insists on High school diploma, you should get prepared to do some jobs that you never imagined of (am not saying everyone) if you are lucky you will do something you like but its very rare. the good thing is you get to be paid every two weeks.
5. Maintaina healthy lifestyle because medical insurance is extremely expensive and this explains why Health proffesionals are highly paid, and also the reason why we have supermarket ya madawa only.
6. KERORO aka POMBE, BEER, you can have it yes, but don't DRIVE ukishikwa na DUI(Driving Under Influence), your drivers license sahau! form sometimes, You also risk your professional license ya kazi from being withdrawn, hefty lawyers fees, JELA ! arafu deportations..ask yourself if its WORTH it..Kunywa kwa hao ama let someone drive you kama uko high..
7. open a bank account
8. Wacha moto ya GC you will eventually get it, your passport and social security number is evidence enough to get employed as a legal immigrant..
9. Mambo ya Madame..ERO! funga zip ama ulipe 20% child support fro your salo..by default women are Always right by law..akipigia karao umemthreaten ole wako, you are gone..some Kenyans are in jail coz a woman faked rape..(Akataa-african American Women-story for another day)
10. Not last but stay FOCUSED! stay on course have a plan, know what brought you here, rudi shule..you will not regret..

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not
necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency of the U.S. government.................................................

7. open a bank account

Thank God we have the site back and running.
All the stuff Papa has said is soooooooo true, yaani I have no better words of stressing how all the facts from 1 to 10 are so real (it hurts)
Take care guys and whenever possible be your brothers keeper.
Karendi

Guys,
House of winners....aki sooo sorry , i dissed you guys for like two months. Wolololooo...transition nayo!! Hope we all are well and getting them visas.
I would appreciate an update on the current list of winners.
Me niko poa, we talk quite often with Makiki (we are almost neighbours) and like the say the first six months are transition, like or not you are really at the mercies of your host. (start praying now)
Maisha sii mbaya, keep an open mind.
Hugs from Dallas.

on average, How much does the cheapest one way ticket to USA from Kenya cost for the month of September?

Hi, from my experience IOM gives really nice rates for Green card winners. You need visa and the 'yellow envelope' I got a 78K rate with BA on a high season (june 2013) with only one stop over in London.
As a green card winner you can have a one way trip ticket.
All the best.

The only thing they look at is your level of education,host so that you don't become a liability enoo to the USA soi. Since you have passed your medical stop worrying ok.

The only thing they look at is your level of education,host so that you don't become a liability enoo to the USA soi. Since you have passed your medical stop worrying ok.

Thanks Nickelly. Where are your prayers? Please do them for me for the next 2 days as I face the CO

Hi, from my experience IOM gives really nice rates for Green card winners. You need visa and the 'yellow envelope' I got a 78K rate with BA on a high season (june 2013) with only one stop over in London.
All the best.

Where are these IOM found, it is the same place we went for our medical examinations? and can you be allowed to enter there with no appointment?

All the best.
Does IOM Kampala Uganda also provide these deals?

Regarding Africa cutoff

Dears,

Regarding Africa cutoff numbers are we consider the three (3) countries Nigeria, Egypt and Ethiopia numbers when calculating the cutoff numbers of the month, because Africa is 13,000 and each of the mentioned three countries represents more than 7,000 so the total goes up to 25,000 and plus and if we do not consider the three countries so winners from Africa rather than those from three countries shall consider the highest CN as 13, 000, please your opinion is very important here!