• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

I woke up early enough to avoid any any small mistakes. I arrived at the Embassy 5.40am. My appointment was 6.30 am. Surprisingly, I got about 12 people already waiting at the gate! BY 6 am, we underwent security check after presenting passport and NL. Got inside, Produced the passport and NL again for some register to be marked. We then waited for like 10 minutes then went into a room where all electronics and other metalic things were left. Afterwards, I was given some number and went to the very cold outside to wait for my number to be called. While idle, I interacted with others and I got that many don't know about this forum or are not even computer literate. One said he only reads but never posts anything. After like an hour, my number was called to window 5. here, I gate my passport, NL, KCSE cert and copy, birth cert and copy, police clearance cert, degree cert and copy. was asked some random quizes by some Kenyan lady like...ever married, ever been convicted in court, any children, etc. Here, I saw the confidential results that were sent by KNEC my last passport photo was returned to me and I was aked to give one cope of the current passport photo. She then directed me to pay the interview fee. I paid, went to the cold outside again, sat and waited for another like 2 hours. My number was called again to window 8. I met some American Lady who spoke very fluent Ekegusii! I even wondered if my grandmother knows more Ekegusii than her! Here my fingerprints were taken then I went to the freezing outside again. Waited like 1 hour then my name was called. I didnt even know that I was now going to face the CO.
I didnt know that the interview with the CO is done from a window! I was welcomed by some American lady that is all smiles.
CO: raise your right hand and swear that you will say the truth.
ME: (I did)
CO: Sign here.
ME (I did)
CO: are you married
Me: No
CO: any children:
ME: none
CO: what do you do
ME: ( I responded)
CO: Do you know anybody in US
ME: yes, a relative
CO: where does he stay
ME : (I responded)
CO: Tell your host to wait for you
ME: Thank you mam
CO: I grant you the visa. (She handed me the green form and some form with alien numbser already written* seems like my visa was given before I even faced the CO)
ME: Thank you very much mam
CO: You can now go for lunch
ME. Thank you. By the way, Why didn't they take 2 passport photos from me?
CO: (I didnt hear what she said) just bring the other one.
ME: (I gave her)
ME: I want to change my host
CO: No problem, you will d that later
me: Thank you.

THATS ALL

My question:
All my original education docs, birth cert etc remained there. IS that how it is supposed to be?

Congz again my friend, I think the documents should be handed back to you, so that they stay with copies only, ok tell me Enno, what are going to do as you want to change your host? I will ask them to do it also.
Praise the Lord Man

Last edited by a moderator:
I woke up early enough to avoid any any small mistakes. I arrived at the Embassy 5.40am. My appointment was 6.30 am. Surprisingly, I got about 12 people already waiting at the gate! BY 6 am, we underwent security check after presenting passport and NL. Got inside, Produced the passport and NL again for some register to be marked. We then waited for like 10 minutes then went into a room where all electronics and other metalic things were left. Afterwards, I was given some number and went to the very cold outside to wait for my number to be called. While idle, I interacted with others and I got that many don't know about this forum or are not even computer literate. One said he only reads but never posts anything. After like an hour, my number was called to window 5. here, I gate my passport, NL, KCSE cert and copy, birth cert and copy, police clearance cert, degree cert and copy. was asked some random quizes by some Kenyan lady like...ever married, ever been convicted in court, any children, etc. Here, I saw the confidential results that were sent by KNEC my last passport photo was returned to me and I was aked to give one cope of the current passport photo. She then directed me to pay the interview fee. I paid, went to the cold outside again, sat and waited for another like 2 hours. My number was called again to window 8. I met some American Lady who spoke very fluent Ekegusii! I even wondered if my grandmother knows more Ekegusii than her! Here my fingerprints were taken then I went to the freezing outside again. Waited like 1 hour then my name was called. I didnt even know that I was now going to face the CO.
I didnt know that the interview with the CO is done from a window! I was welcomed by some American lady that is all smiles.
ME (I did)
CO: I grant you the visa. (She handed me the green form and some form with alien numbser already written* seems like my visa was given before I even faced the CO)

THATS ALL

My question:
All my original education docs, birth cert etc remained there. IS that how it is supposed to be?

Congratulations enoo

Can someone please respond to my question? All my original education docs, birth cert etc remained in the embassy. I was only given a green sheer and some white paper with Alien number and case number. IS that how it is supposed to be? Hopw will I get my original documents?

My number was called again to window 8. I met some American Lady who spoke very fluent Ekegusii! I even wondered if my grandmother knows more Ekegusii than her! Here my fingerprints were taken then I went to the freezing outside again. Waited like 1 hour then my name was called. I didnt even know that I was now going to face the CO.
ME (I did)

THATS ALL

My question:
Thanks be to God congratulation. You are supposed to walk out with your originals documents or you forgot to pick them up...Enoo or was it excitement, if so you need to get them back,make a follow up.

Can someone please respond to my question? All my original education docs, birth cert etc remained in the embassy. I was only given a green sheer and some white paper with Alien number and case number. IS that how it is supposed to be? Hopw will I get my original documents?
Look for away to get them back so that they deliver them through DHL call them. you are not supposed to live you originals .

Congrats enoo,I thank God for your successful interview.Just look at the way you were always stressing over issues and how simple things panned out. God is faithful.

VISA GRANTED
I thank God because the interview turned out to be easier than I thought! I think I have been fearing for some small issues too much that is not good for anybody's health. I am gonna share my interview experience in a few minutes
Iam happy for you Enoo. indeed there are some things that we should not worry about. Congs

Thanks be to God congratulation. You are supposed to walk out with your originals documents or you forgot to pick them up...Enoo or was it excitement, if so you need to get them back,make a follow up.

Thanks Nickelly. when the interview was over, I asked the CO if there is anything else and she said nothing. Infact she wondered what else I was waiting for apart from the green sheet. I have called the Embassy and they regretted that that was their error and promised to send them through DHL inside the original documents parcel. as well as my Visa

VISA GRANTED
I thank God because the interview turned out to be easier than I thought! I think I have been fearing for some small issues too much that is not good for anybody's health. I am gonna share my interview experience in a few minutes

Congratulations! All the best as you plan to relocate! So happy for you!

Thanks Nickelly. when the interview was over, I asked the CO if there is anything else and she said nothing. Infact she wondered what else I was waiting for apart from the green sheet. I have called the Embassy and they regretted that that was their error and promised to send them through DHL inside the original documents parcel. as well as my Visa

Congs Enoo, you have showered us with so many questions the few months you were here. Am glad you found the actual interview much less complicated than you assumed it to be. Phew... you must be the last one on this thread. Good luck with the rest of the preparations.

Congrats enoo!

I wish you all the best. But forgetting your originals reminded me of my friend who went tow weeks back for Business visa. He was like 90% dead sure to be denied but to his surprise they granted him! He could not believe it, he collected his papers and rushed out leaving his leather coat..lol

I guess you should have asked about the originals instead of saying "what else maa" lol

Its funny how we all go through such funny moments,

Congrats again brother! Its a good lesson to all of us.

By the way, when trying to register on this uscis, there is a problem with the a-reg.no. Please help

Thanks. I think the best way is to call the receiver and inquire that call the sender. I sent an email to the embassy and they did confirm that they indeed received the results. Thanks.

@ronnyblessed when you go to knec to have your KCSE certified copy sent to the embassy they will give you a number where you will have to call them after five working days and confirm if they sent your copy all they ask for is your index number so have it with you before you call them

Oh thank God now prepare to come to this land of milk and honey.:p

my status on https://ceac.state.gov/ changed immediately to
Issued
Immigrant Visa Case Number: 2013AF88***
Case Creation Date: 24-Oct-2011
Status Updated Date: 17-Sep-2013

Your visa has been printed. Depending on local procedures at the location where you were interviewed, your visa will be mailed or available for pickup soon. If there are further questions, or if we need updated contact information, you will be contacted.

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.
Enoo, am current but when I enter my case number, I get a message that invalid case number, how do u check

Congrats enoo... you deserved the visa. One thing I admire about you...you never tire to ask questions even if answered you still want to be sure. Wishing you all the best as you plan to relocate
I must say here and now that this forum has helped me a lot so far. However discovered it should live long. I think I was even overprepared for the interview

Hello house of winners; I have activated my visa in Houston yesterday. I have managed to open a checking, saving and secured credit card account.

By the way, when trying to register on this uscis, there is a problem with the a-reg.no. Please help

Hi enoo, congratulations. I am glad everything turned out fine with your interview. As Britsimon has said, it is good to be over prepared than not at all. You see how easy was your interview?

Now to answer your question with registration with USCIS, just add a "0" to your A-numer just after the A to make it 9 digits.