• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

In order for us to help you better, please include your signature which contains your case number, interview date etc. My advice: stick to the appointment date that has been assigned to you by KCC

And if we're not ready for the interview ? We don't have all medical papers yet :(

And if we're not ready for the interview ? We don't have all medical papers yet :(

Hi friend,re-scheduling interview this late might inevitably mean that you may not get an interview at all but if we may know what medical papers is causing you to ask for re-scheduling.

Yo welcome family. There is one file for you and
Family. Payment is done for the whole family
Unless you are scheduled to appear on different
Days. I know a case like that. [QQUOTE=Family2133;2645198]Thanks Ash, I am just going to make a sacrifice, what I don't know, can they allow me to first pay for the principal applicant the interview fee before I face the CO, then I pay the rest in case the visa is granted, bcs my family is big so risking all that money for four people when my qualifications have issues is a challenge. [/QUOTE]

Its not a mistake. Kids dont sign legal
Documents.

I have noticed some thing strange on my kids' passports, the space for the signature of the holder is blank, is this a mistake or that is how passports for minors are supposed to be. When I was applying, I put the kids finger prints in the space where the applicant is supposed to sign thinking that they will scan these finger prints and put them on the passports.

For those who have moved already can this USCIS fee be paid after entering US?
How long does it take to get Green card issued after arrival in US?
Makiki & Co. Come in!

Am done with my medical exams everything is okey glory to the Almighty! those who going to the meds please counter check every documents ure given at iom its important
we had a case where when we went to pay for the meds they miscalculated the total amount. we did notice the mistake only to be told to add several thousands on top of what we had already paid
my baby vaccination certificate had typing errors ticks to the vaccinations not given no ticks to the vaccinations given. please do check your docs or else one might get problems at the POE
Dear Mahyuni, make this info more clear, some of us are going for medicals soon, we need this valuable information

Yo welcome family. There is one file for you and
Family. Payment is done for the whole family
Unless you are scheduled to appear on different
Days. I know a case like that. [QQUOTE=Family2133;2645198]Thanks Ash, I am just going to make a sacrifice, what I don't know, can they allow me to first pay for the principal applicant the interview fee before I face the CO, then I pay the rest in case the visa is granted, bcs my family is big so risking all that money for four people when my qualifications have issues is a challenge.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks Ash, how does one go about scheduling one family on different interviews.

Its kcc who scheduled them differently then they contacted
The embassy to have all on same day. Am not sure about
Your case. You need to call embassy.

Thanks Ash, how does one go about scheduling one family on different interviews.[/QUOTE]

Guys I thnk I have good news! Today my status on the ceac website changed frm "administrative processing" to "issued" bt from my previous experience with the consular guys I decide to remain skeptical until I receive the visa. All in all Alhamdulilah

Alhamdulilah!!! am so happy brother it shall be well.

Sm1smom HELP

Just received a letter of telling me that my grant was approved went and did my assessment test and passed but now i cant seem to get my classes they are all closed what do i do since the grant says that.

Fund,,, Federal Pell Grant

You have been awarded a Federal Pell Grant. All Grants are initially awarded for full time enrollment and then will be prorated if you are enrolled less than 12 hours as of census date each semester. Depending on your EFC, you may not be eligible for any Pell monies if you are less than 12 hours. Please refer to the Dept of Education's pell chart for more information
what is EFC and do i have to do 12hours? so far the only classes i have managed to book are 5hrs and classes start tomorrow they are closing today at 8pm will i loose the grant and if i do does this mean i will never receive it when i want.

another issue i declined some loan and accepted some whats gonna happen am in a dilemma

Direct Subsidized Loan Accepted $1,750.00

Direct Unsubsidized Loan Declined $.00

Federal Pell Grant Accepted $2,823.00

EFC means "Expected Family Contribution" toward the cost of college. Judging by the amount of the Pell Grant awarded to you, my guess is your EFC for the 2013 - 2014 school year is "0" provided you're enrolled in a minimum of 12 hours of study per semester in order to take advantage of the full Pell Grant award. My guess is if you're enrolled in less than 12 hours of study, your pell grant amount will be pro-rated, the entire amount will not be applied towards your cost of studies. Meet with your college advisor or visit your student services center and discuss your case with a financial advisor

The lower the EFC, the greater the student’s financial need. The most needy students will have an EFC of 0 and may be eligible for the maximum Pell award of $2,823.00 if their cost of attendance is high enough and if they will be attending full time for a full academic year. As the EFC increases, the student’s need is less and so the amount of the award decreases.

Here's a link to the 2013 - 2014 Pell Grant Payment Schedule for more reference:

http://www.northweststate.edu/current_students/financial_aid/pdfs/Pell_Schedule.pdf

p.s. sorry for the late response. When next you need an immediate response from me, please send me a PM, it's easier for me to see your request that way than on the off-chance that I may be online or checking this particular thread.

Sm1smom HELP

Just received a letter of telling me that my grant was approved went and did my assessment test and passed but now i cant seem to get my classes they are all closed what do i do since the grant says that.

You have been awarded a Federal Pell Grant. All Grants are initially awarded for full time enrollment and then will be prorated if you are enrolled less than 12 hours as of census date each semester. Depending on your EFC, you may not be eligible for any Pell monies if you are less than 12 hours. Please refer to the Dept of Education's pell chart for more information
what is EFC and do i have to do 12hours? so far the only classes i have managed to book are 5hrs and classes start tomorrow they are closing today at 8pm will i loose the grant and if i do does this mean i will never receive it when i want.

another issue i declined some loan and accepted some whats gonna happen am in a dilemma

Thanks Ash, how does one go about scheduling one family on different interviews.[/QUOTE]

Family 2133 relax everything will be fine. The qualifications for Ugandans isn't as strict given the low numbers from there. I am not sure you can have interviews on different dates. You can't attend the interview alone and leave your spouse or children out of it especially if you stated they exists on the DS Forms. The thought behind is that what if they grant you a visa and later while interviewing the rest of the family they find discrepancies.

1. Yes Nickelly visa does not guarantee entry into USA because it has a date of expiry, shud u travel after it has expired u will be denied entry by department of Homeland security.
2. Yes permission is granted at the customs boarder point after you present the yellow envelope to home land security.

Thanks Solwach, somebody had asked me this question hope he is satisfied with the answer.:p

Sm1smom HELP

Gal r u sure you will not pay that loan for the rest of your life please advise:(