• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

My Interview experience on 11th June 2013

I arrived at the Embassy at 05:45 Am and it was so chilly we had dressed warm though our interview was at 6:30 Am someone had advised us to go early and clear security early enough, 6:00 Am sharp Gate 1 was opened the efficient guard checked my interview letter and passport plus my wife’s and young daughter’s too and we went through the security. We went through to the 2nd security clearance desk where we left our phones then proceeded to the main interview room where we sat then given a number C403.There were a lot of non immigrant visa Applicants that day, and we saw like 5 red slips and slowly started saying a prayer, some lady seated next to us told us for DV Lottery there won’t be any hitches..I was now hopeful.

After about 20 minutes we were called to window 5 and handed all original and copies of Birth, KCSE, Good conduct etc. The young polite lady then printed an invoice for us to go pay, after making the payment she handed me a copy of the invoice, then asked us to sit down. We waited for another 20 minutes then we heard our token being called to window 10. We shuffled gracefully to the window, my wife looked tense, I told her to relax and be composed she tried.

CO: Good morning
US: Good morning
CO: I need to verify your fingerprints. Both me and wife not baby..

I put my fingerprints for verification. She followed suit.

CO: Thanks
CO: I need you to sign this forms. (I was holding baby so wife signed for baby).
CO: How did you apply for the lottery, online or through an agent
WIFE: Online
CO: What did you get in your high school certification?
WIFE: C- Minus.
CO: And after high school did you continue with your studies in any course?
WIFE: Yeah
CO: Looking through our file Ok I can see you have some KNEC certificates here, which course were you pursuing?
WIFE: Front office management
CO: Did you complete the course?
WIFE: No I have a few units remaining
CO: Have you ever been employed then after college?
WIFE: Yes I worked in this NGO…For a period of 2 year’s (we had supporting letter’s too)
CO: What do you plan to do in the US?
WIFE: Advance my career and look for better opportunities.
CO: Thank you now looking at me, your full names?
ME: Said them..
CO: What do you do for a living?
ME: High school teacher.
CO: Do you have Government registration/ certification?
ME: Yes, (wife hand over my TSC Registration Cert)
CO: Thank you (Then out of nowhere baby, Daddy ule ni nani ako ndani ya dirisha…Lol…..
CO: Smiling…looks at the baby and says..oooh.. she looks so much like the dad,
ME: Smiling too, Yes mum…lol..(was told to smile and be very polite)

CO: Looking at my dear wife who looks miles away and scared..We have approved your visa’s, Handing over a green paper courier instructions are here read carefully and in a week you will receive your passports and sealed packets from your DHL pick up point you choose, She also handed us the USCIS Forms for the three of us and told us to follow instructions to pay online.

Me: Thank you so much, ( Putting down the baby and rushing to grab the paper’s ….LOL…Incase she changes her mind Wife still stuck on same point in disbelief, She now smiles and thanks her too

CO: You will receive all details with your package

CO: Congratulations and have a nice day
Me: Same to you

ALL OF US IN UNISON MATCH OUTSIDE, BIG SMILE ON MY FACE , I EVEN SALUTED THE SECURICOR GUARD…My wife latter told me she went to the ladies and cried while praying… The CO was so understanding and patient, may the Lord Bless her too.
Thank you all forum Guys, Will still be a member to try help other’s too the way I was assisted too,
HOUSE OF WINNERS!
MUCH LOVE AND GO BLESS YOU ALL
:)

Many many congratulations...This will go aloooong way in helping somebody out there.

I arrived at the Embassy at 05:45 Am and it was so chilly we had dressed warm though our interview was at 6:30 Am someone had advised us to go early and clear security early enough, 6:00 Am sharp Gate 1 was opened the efficient guard checked my interview letter and passport plus my wife’s and young daughter’s too and we went through the security. We went through to the 2nd security clearance desk where we left our phones then proceeded to the main interview room where we sat then given a number C403.There were a lot of non immigrant visa Applicants that day, and we saw like 5 red slips and slowly started saying a prayer, some lady seated next to us told us for DV Lottery there won’t be any hitches..I was now hopeful.

After about 20 minutes we were called to window 5 and handed all original and copies of Birth, KCSE, Good conduct etc. The young polite lady then printed an invoice for us to go pay, after making the payment she handed me a copy of the invoice, then asked us to sit down. We waited for another 20 minutes then we heard our token being called to window 10. We shuffled gracefully to the window, my wife looked tense, I told her to relax and be composed she tried.

CO: I need you to sign this forms. (I was holding baby so wife signed for baby).
CO: Looking through our file Ok I can see you have some KNEC certificates here, which course were you pursuing?
WIFE: Yes I worked in this NGO…For a period of 2 year’s (we had supporting letter’s too)
CO: Thank you (Then out of nowhere baby, Daddy ule ni nani ako ndani ya dirisha…Lol…..

CO: Looking at my dear wife who looks miles away and scared..We have approved your visa’s, Handing over a green paper courier instructions are here read carefully and in a week you will receive your passports and sealed packets from your DHL pick up point you choose, She also handed us the USCIS Forms for the three of us and told us to follow instructions to pay online.

Me: Thank you so much, ( Putting down the baby and rushing to grab the paper’s ….LOL…Incase she changes her mind Wife still stuck on same point in disbelief, She now smiles and thanks her too

ALL OF US IN UNISON MATCH OUTSIDE, BIG SMILE ON MY FACE , I EVEN SALUTED THE SECURICOR GUARD…My wife latter told me she went to the ladies and cried while praying… The CO was so understanding and patient, may the Lord Bless her too.
Thank you all forum Guys, Will still be a member to try help other’s too the way I was assisted too,
HOUSE OF WINNERS!

That was great. Congratulatioooonssss!!!

Goodmorning,
Hope you are all are well. Sori been silent, was at the village, barely came online. Congratulations to all of you who got their visas. I have a quiz, my interview is next week 26th, medicals (did yesterday) are not ready and the doctor told us it wont be ready by tuesday, should i go for the interview without medicals or should i postpond the interview, help a sister please, we are so stressed. Blessings to all of you

hey Henrica80 do not miss going to the interview...God does wonders i tell you.Angels are going to surround that CO & your family that day and he/she will approve your Visa IJN.

HOUSE OF WINNERS!

Soooo encouraging! Congratulations on your successful interview. I have a similar situation and you have really touched me by sharing your experience. Now am a little bit confident on facing the CO. Congratulations Again, it's no small feat!

HOUSE OF WINNERS!

congratulations boblee

Congratulations Boblee and Emmah. I can't keep up with all the success stories, this is truly the house of winners. For those in AP, I know how tough the wait can be but can't pretend to know how being in AP feels. It's just a matter of time guys, you'll laugh about it in a short while.

Soooo encouraging! Congratulations on your successful interview. I have a similar situation and you have really touched me by sharing your experience. Now am a little bit confident on facing the CO. Congratulations Again, it's no small feat!

Many many congratulations...This will go aloooong way in helping somebody out there.

Congratulations! As other said, your success story makes us more confident.

HOUSE OF WINNERS!

Congratulations, amazing experience!!!! thanks

The Lord is there and nothing is impossible you know. Be prayerful, be neat in arranging documents and MOST important also do your medicals early enough, we did our a month prior, so they had time to submit the results, thanks a lot.

Nickelly i know.. i will inbox or call you the soonest. Our IOM told us im suppose to pick myself the results and since our kids got sick then they wont get vaccinated till they get well hence all will go till end of this month. thanks for your advice, tutaenda na mungu tu for the interview, its getting tough on us

Psalms 103:1-5
The Psalmist David declares “Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.” . Friend, embrace divine intervention in your health for God can heal all thy diseases in Jesus Mighty name, Amen.

HOUSE OF WINNERS!

Favor Favor Praise God, is faithful:)

Worried!
Till now i still have'nt received my airway bill. My interview was on 11th june and my airway bill has not yet been sent. i have registered with dhl bt so far no updates about it.
Is that the normal procedure of waiting,how long should it take house...... ? please help!!

Hey did you create an account with DHL? If yes, have you checked your junk mail? If yes please call the Consulate office.

Goodmorning,
Hope you are all are well. Sori been silent, was at the village, barely came online. Congratulations to all of you who got their visas. I have a quiz, my interview is next week 26th, medicals (did yesterday) are not ready and the doctor told us it wont be ready by tuesday, should i go for the interview without medicals or should i postpond the interview, help a sister please, we are so stressed. Blessings to all of you
They will get your medical results direct just go and do your interview. I wish you the best

HOUSE OF WINNERS!

Just the other day you were worried about what's gonna happen for your wife has a C-, you just reminded me how i was back then about this C-. Mmmmh what a relief to read a successful story from you. Congratulations to you and your family.