• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Dears,
Do you if Court and Prison Records should be provide even if I was not convicted for anything?

For DVselectee if found the below
"Applicants who have been convicted of a crime must obtain a certified copy of each court record and any prison record, regardless of the fact that he or she may have subsequently benefited from an amnesty, pardon or other act of clemency."

Does it mean of for people with convicted crimes?

Thanks

Br,

You do not provide court and prison records if you have never been convicted or charged in a criminal or any court:)

Hy guys! Hop everyone is well. Still out on d cold bt very hopeful and very soon, in shaa Allah, I will pass on d glad tidings.

Dears,
Do you if Court and Prison Records should be provide even if I was not convicted for anything?

For DVselectee if found the below
"Applicants who have been convicted of a crime must obtain a certified copy of each court record and any prison record, regardless of the fact that he or she may have subsequently benefited from an amnesty, pardon or other act of clemency."

Does it mean of for people with convicted crimes?

Thanks

Br,

Hi,

only if you've been convicted of a crime otherwise not.....all you need is a good conduct from the police department

Today's devotion

Isaiah 59:1 says “Behold, Jehovah's hand is not shortened that it cannot save, neither his ear heavy that it cannot hear”.
Never forget that “All power belongs to God”. Many are the plans of man but it is the counsel of God that will prevail. So even if people or forces gather, the Bible says “The LORD bringeth the counsel of the heathen to nought: he maketh the devices of the people of none effect.” (Psalm 33:10). The doors that He is opening this year will not be hindered by any force in Jesus Mighty Name, Amen. However, we should remain sober, vigilant and not allow ourselves to be caught unawares in Jesus Precious Name, Amen.

Goodmorning,
Hope you are all are well. Sori been silent, was at the village, barely came online. Congratulations to all of you who got their visas. I have a quiz, my interview is next week 26th, medicals (did yesterday) are not ready and the doctor told us it wont be ready by tuesday, should i go for the interview without medicals or should i postpond the interview, help a sister please, we are so stressed. Blessings to all of you

Goodmorning,
Hope you are all are well. Sori been silent, was at the village, barely came online. Congratulations to all of you who got their visas. I have a quiz, my interview is next week 26th, medicals (did yesterday) are not ready and the doctor told us it wont be ready by tuesday, should i go for the interview without medicals or should i postpond the interview, help a sister please, we are so stressed. Blessings to all of you

Don't miss your interview cos of your medicals. They can always be sent direct to the embassy when ready....my 2 cents opinion though.

Goodmorning,

Don't worry the IOM will send the documents to the embassy am sure they know you are scheduled for an interview:) Niaje, you owe me a cup of tea:p

Don't worry the IOM will send the documents to the embassy am sure they know you are scheduled for an interview:) Niaje, you owe me a cup of tea:p

Nickelly i know.. i will inbox or call you the soonest. Our IOM told us im suppose to pick myself the results and since our kids got sick then they wont get vaccinated till they get well hence all will go till end of this month. thanks for your advice, tutaenda na mungu tu for the interview, its getting tough on us

Don't miss your interview cos of your medicals. They can always be sent direct to the embassy when ready....my 2 cents opinion though.

@ dUbai, thanks, i take your advice... but then it means we wont get the result ( we wont know if we get the visa or not the same day without medicals)

@ dUbai, thanks, i take your advice... but then it means we wont get the result ( we wont know if we get the visa or not the same day without medicals)

I reckon the visa issuance is more tied to the medicals but i tend to think the doctor just notifies them if your negative or positive on the "red carded" ugonjwas. If it's about vaccines, your good to go. I know the anxiety is taking a toll on you but you got the visas already. There was a post of somebody who said i think he got the visa without the medicals reaching the embassy....can't remember ni nani lakini.

Worried!
Till now i still have'nt received my airway bill. My interview was on 11th june and my airway bill has not yet been sent. i have registered with dhl bt so far no updates about it.
Is that the normal procedure of waiting,how long should it take house...... ? please help!!

Cera, I suggest you call the Embassy and enquire coz I got the airwaybill on Friday and i picked up our visas jana (monday).

Morning Cera, I suggest you go to your DHL Pick up point and give them your ID, they at times delay in posting e mail notification, Yours should be lying in there store waiting for you. We picked ours Yesterday too. Don't be worried, God already worked it out for you. Those with interviews this week, my prayer's for you...This is a house of winner's..

Morning Cera, I suggest you go to your DHL Pick up point and give them your ID, they at times delay in posting e mail notification, Yours should be lying in there store waiting for you. We picked ours Yesterday too. Don't be worried, God already worked it out for you. Those with interviews this week, my prayer's for you...This is a house of winner's..

Congrats Boblee kindly post your interview experience i remember you said your wife was the principal applicant and had a C- & diploma.By this you would be helping so many pple scared of facing the CO

on my interview day those whose medicals had not been sent were asked to go without doing the interview and come back the following day when their medical has been sent.

Interview

Pliz share us your interview experience. Am the principal applicant with a C- and would like to share yours too.

My Interview experience on 11th June 2013

I arrived at the Embassy at 05:45 Am and it was so chilly we had dressed warm though our interview was at 6:30 Am someone had advised us to go early and clear security early enough, 6:00 Am sharp Gate 1 was opened the efficient guard checked my interview letter and passport plus my wife’s and young daughter’s too and we went through the security. We went through to the 2nd security clearance desk where we left our phones then proceeded to the main interview room where we sat then given a number C403.There were a lot of non immigrant visa Applicants that day, and we saw like 5 red slips and slowly started saying a prayer, some lady seated next to us told us for DV Lottery there won’t be any hitches..I was now hopeful.

After about 20 minutes we were called to window 5 and handed all original and copies of Birth, KCSE, Good conduct etc. The young polite lady then printed an invoice for us to go pay, after making the payment she handed me a copy of the invoice, then asked us to sit down. We waited for another 20 minutes then we heard our token being called to window 10. We shuffled gracefully to the window, my wife looked tense, I told her to relax and be composed she tried.

CO: Good morning
US: Good morning
CO: I need to verify your fingerprints. Both me and wife not baby..

I put my fingerprints for verification. She followed suit.

CO: Thanks
CO: I need you to sign this forms. (I was holding baby so wife signed for baby).
CO: How did you apply for the lottery, online or through an agent
WIFE: Online
CO: What did you get in your high school certification?
WIFE: C- Minus.
CO: And after high school did you continue with your studies in any course?
WIFE: Yeah
CO: Looking through our file Ok I can see you have some KNEC certificates here, which course were you pursuing?
WIFE: Front office management
CO: Did you complete the course?
WIFE: No I have a few units remaining
CO: Have you ever been employed then after college?
WIFE: Yes I worked in this NGO…For a period of 2 year’s (we had supporting letter’s too)
CO: What do you plan to do in the US?
WIFE: Advance my career and look for better opportunities.
CO: Thank you now looking at me, your full names?
ME: Said them..
CO: What do you do for a living?
ME: High school teacher.
CO: Do you have Government registration/ certification?
ME: Yes, (wife hand over my TSC Registration Cert)
CO: Thank you (Then out of nowhere baby, Daddy ule ni nani ako ndani ya dirisha…Lol…..
CO: Smiling…looks at the baby and says..oooh.. she looks so much like the dad,
ME: Smiling too, Yes mum…lol..(was told to smile and be very polite)

CO: Looking at my dear wife who looks miles away and scared..We have approved your visa’s, Handing over a green paper courier instructions are here read carefully and in a week you will receive your passports and sealed packets from your DHL pick up point you choose, She also handed us the USCIS Forms for the three of us and told us to follow instructions to pay online.

Me: Thank you so much, ( Putting down the baby and rushing to grab the paper’s ….LOL…Incase she changes her mind Wife still stuck on same point in disbelief, She now smiles and thanks her too

CO: You will receive all details with your package

CO: Congratulations and have a nice day
Me: Same to you

ALL OF US IN UNISON MATCH OUTSIDE, BIG SMILE ON MY FACE , I EVEN SALUTED THE SECURICOR GUARD…My wife latter told me she went to the ladies and cried while praying… The CO was so understanding and patient, may the Lord Bless her too.
Thank you all forum Guys, Will still be a member to try help other’s too the way I was assisted too,
HOUSE OF WINNERS!
MUCH LOVE AND GO BLESS YOU ALL
:)

My Interview experience on 11th June 2013

I arrived at the Embassy at 05:45 Am and it was so chilly we had dressed warm though our interview was at 6:30 Am someone had advised us to go early and clear security early enough, 6:00 Am sharp Gate 1 was opened the efficient guard checked my interview letter and passport plus my wife’s and young daughter’s too and we went through the security. We went through to the 2nd security clearance desk where we left our phones then proceeded to the main interview room where we sat then given a number C403.There were a lot of non immigrant visa Applicants that day, and we saw like 5 red slips and slowly started saying a prayer, some lady seated next to us told us for DV Lottery there won’t be any hitches..I was now hopeful.

After about 20 minutes we were called to window 5 and handed all original and copies of Birth, KCSE, Good conduct etc. The young polite lady then printed an invoice for us to go pay, after making the payment she handed me a copy of the invoice, then asked us to sit down. We waited for another 20 minutes then we heard our token being called to window 10. We shuffled gracefully to the window, my wife looked tense, I told her to relax and be composed she tried.

CO: Good morning
US: Good morning
CO: I need to verify your fingerprints. Both me and wife not baby..

I put my fingerprints for verification. She followed suit.

CO: Thanks
CO: I need you to sign this forms. (I was holding baby so wife signed for baby).
CO: How did you apply for the lottery, online or through an agent
WIFE: Online
CO: What did you get in your high school certification?
WIFE: C- Minus.
CO: And after high school did you continue with your studies in any course?
WIFE: Yeah
CO: Looking through our file Ok I can see you have some KNEC certificates here, which course were you pursuing?
WIFE: Front office management
CO: Did you complete the course?
WIFE: No I have a few units remaining
CO: Have you ever been employed then after college?
WIFE: Yes I worked in this NGO…For a period of 2 year’s (we had supporting letter’s too)
CO: What do you plan to do in the US?
WIFE: Advance my career and look for better opportunities.
CO: Thank you now looking at me, your full names?
ME: Said them..
CO: What do you do for a living?
ME: High school teacher.
CO: Do you have Government registration/ certification?
ME: Yes, (wife hand over my TSC Registration Cert)
CO: Thank you (Then out of nowhere baby, Daddy ule ni nani ako ndani ya dirisha…Lol…..
CO: Smiling…looks at the baby and says..oooh.. she looks so much like the dad,
ME: Smiling too, Yes mum…lol..(was told to smile and be very polite)

CO: Looking at my dear wife who looks miles away and scared..We have approved your visa’s, Handing over a green paper courier instructions are here read carefully and in a week you will receive your passports and sealed packets from your DHL pick up point you choose, She also handed us the USCIS Forms for the three of us and told us to follow instructions to pay online.

Me: Thank you so much, ( Putting down the baby and rushing to grab the paper’s ….LOL…Incase she changes her mind Wife still stuck on same point in disbelief, She now smiles and thanks her too

CO: You will receive all details with your package

CO: Congratulations and have a nice day
Me: Same to you

ALL OF US IN UNISON MATCH OUTSIDE, BIG SMILE ON MY FACE , I EVEN SALUTED THE SECURICOR GUARD…My wife latter told me she went to the ladies and cried while praying… The CO was so understanding and patient, may the Lord Bless her too.
Thank you all forum Guys, Will still be a member to try help other’s too the way I was assisted too,
HOUSE OF WINNERS!
MUCH LOVE AND GO BLESS YOU ALL
:)

Wow amazing experience!thanks for sharing,i know someone somewhere is encouraged...lol your baby very funny..