• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Fathers day
Yesterday was father's day lets appreciate them as you cross over. It is great if you have an earthly father. Honor him. In some cases, your father may no longer be alive but that is not to say that you should not honor any other father that the Lord may have brought into your life. You may have a father-in-law or a spiritual father. Do not judge them, honor them. Friend, this month, I admonish you to pray for those fathers that God has put in your life. Let us pray that they will bear the image of God the Father here on earth (2 Cor 3:18). That they will be loving, caring, forgiving, trusting and high priests of their homes. Let us ask God to transform our fathers to be model of admiration in their generation. Let us pray to God to touch their prayer lives, touch their giving, touch their talk and that the zeal of the house of God will consume them (John 2:17).

I am a DV-2013 winner. I am married and I have three kids. My daughter of 13 years old lives with her mother over 5000 km from us and her mother does not want her to immigrate to the US with us (I had her before I got married). I filled in her name when I was applying for the lottery in compliance with the rule but did not fill a DS230 for her after I won for the reason stated above. My appointment has been fixed and the 2nd NL says: “This is the official notice for you to pursue your application for DV-2013 Visa. An appointment has been scheduled for the applicant at the stated location. The applicant and all members of the applicant’s family must appear at the appointed date and time for your interview…”

My question is must everyone listed as a beneficiary appear on the interview day?

I will take on your last question first....if you had indicated in your ds-230 for her to follow later, then she doesn't need to be present at the interview day. However, it sounds complicated but since in your initial application you mentioned her as your daughter, then this will not be an issue should you later want to file a petition for her to join you in America. During your interview day you can engage the CO about it but after getting the green light(visa).

Here is my experience at the Embassy..

I got there at 5.50AM, my appointment was at 6.30AM.
Gate was opened at 6.00Am and i presented my passport and Appointment letter after which i proceeded to Entrance 2 after security check.
Entrance 2 a lady counter checked that had been booked for that day and shortly another security check.
Here you leave your phone.
I was given a no **08 and asked to wait for my turn..
Called to Window four where i handed my certs.
KSCE original
Birth certificate original
Police Conduct
Passport
Passport photos
University original and copy of transcripts.
Professional certs and copy of transcripts.

A nice lady at this reception, very humble.. asked if i ever was married, committed any crime, traveled outside kenya for more than an year.. NO to all answers.

Gave me an invoice and asked me to pay and take the receipt to her.

After this i proceeded to pay. paid in dollars $330 the madam also friendly dnt have $10 change, she rushed to the bank and after a while, she was back with the change. Gave me the receipt and the change.

After about 20 mins i was called to window 8, here they took my finger prints and was told to wait for the interview.

15 mins later called to Window 10.

CO: How are you??
ME: Im fine thanks.

CO: I will need you to swear that all the info u have given and you will give is true.
ME: I do.

CO: What did you score in High school?
ME: Gave my grade.

CO: What did you do after high school?
ME: Bla Bla Bla

CO: How do you intend to cater for your bills when you land in the states before you get a jo.
ME: I have a host **** who has offered to accommodate me as i settle.

CO: Congratulations, i approve your visa.. Register with DHL with the location you would want to collect your visa.
ME: Thanks alot. How do i register.
CO: Its online.
CO: Thanks again.

She handed a green letter with instructions on how to register for DHL and another with my Alien reg no and instructions on paying for USCIS.

I finished the process at 9.00AM.

Im super exited..

My appreciation to this forum. i learned so much from you guys.. God Bless you all.. n for those still awaiting interview, All the best indeed this is a house of WINNERS

God Bless

xx

Congratulations!

Psalm 48: 9-10, 14
Within your temple, O God, we meditate on your unfailing love.
Like your name, O God, your praise reaches to the ends of the earth; your right hand is filled with righteousness.
For this God is our God forever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end.

Where are my fellow backbenchers solwach,obeez,clama n the rest you are making us worried,come up and tell us the updates.
Am right here Julianaa and no reason to worry.. My 2nl is out too and my date is the first week of august as well, Thanks to God! Looks like we are in tow Julianaa. I hope our successes will follow each other too. Obeez now needs to come out of his self-induced comma, lol! Now onto serious preparations.

hi members i got my 2nd NL too and 14th Aug is da D-day. Now My question, How many days does it take for the passports to be delivered at DHL for pick up after interview?
Solwach congratulations on your 2nl. We are the August babies! Wish you all the best as you prepare for your interview, we'v got about 8 weeks to go.

I am a DV-2013 winner. I am married and I have three kids. My daughter of 13 years old lives with her mother over 5000 km from us and her mother does not want her to immigrate to the US with us (I had her before I got married). I filled in her name when I was applying for the lottery in compliance with the rule but did not fill a DS230 for her after I won for the reason stated above. My appointment has been fixed and the 2nd NL says: “This is the official notice for you to pursue your application for DV-2013 Visa. An appointment has been scheduled for the applicant at the stated location. The applicant and all members of the applicant’s family must appear at the appointed date and time for your interview…”

My question is must everyone listed as a beneficiary appear on the interview day?

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/DV_2014_Instructions.pdf

You must list ALL your living children who are unmarried and under 21 years of age at the time of your initial E-DV entry, whether they are your natural children, your spouse’s children, or children you have formally adopted in accordance with the laws of your country,

The fact that you have listed family members on your entry does not mean that they must travel with you. They may choose to remain behind.

This will help you, if she remains behind there will come a time she might want to join you, just explain to the CO in case you don't go with her. Just pray over this issue I know at the end God will guide you:)

Solwach congratulations on your 2nl. We are the August babies! Wish you all the best as you prepare for your interview, we'v got about 8 weeks to go.

Thanks Clama, indeed August is ours, now victory news is next. CO here we come!

Worried!
Till now i still have'nt received my airway bill. My interview was on 11th june and my airway bill has not yet been sent. i have registered with dhl bt so far no updates about it.
Is that the normal procedure of waiting,how long should it take house...... ? please help!!

Hi Cera, have you tried going in the Ceac website and check the status of your passport processing? That could calm the nerves a little bit

Thanks

Thank you very much Dubai-b. There is no intention to travel with her and as a result i did not fill the DS 230 form for her. I had her with another lady before i got married. Remember that a consent is required from the other parent if you want to travel with a child and the mother is not ready to give this since she is not in support of the idea. I only listed her because she is my biological child. The mother does not want to release her for the interview (even though i have told her that i am not appplying for a visa for her). I am only trying to respect her decision and leave the child behind but may have to insist on taking her along if it will create problems for me and my family. I have been searching for an official document on this issue but have not been able to stumble on any. Kindly advise further or anyone with practical experience on this scenario should please contribute as well. God bless us all.

I will take on your last question first....if you had indicated in your ds-230 for her to follow later, then she doesn't need to be present at the interview day. However, it sounds complicated but since in your initial application you mentioned her as your daughter, then this will not be an issue should you later want to file a petition for her to join you in America. During your interview day you can engage the CO about it but after getting the green light(visa).

As dubai-b indicated, you are required to list all your living children (biological, step, adopted, guardianship), but only those that will be migrating are required to be present at the interview.

FYI, there is a separate visa that allows for reuniting of families, so its a good thing that you have already indicated that you have her, so if her mother should change her mind later, you can use that process to get your daughter over.

Thank you very much Dubai-b. There is no intention to travel with her and as a result i did not fill the DS 230 form for her. I had her with another lady before i got married. Remember that a consent is required from the other parent if you want to travel with a child and the mother is not ready to give this since she is not in support of the idea. I only listed her because she is my biological child. The mother does not want to release her for the interview (even though i have told her that i am not appplying for a visa for her). I am only trying to respect her decision and leave the child behind but may have to insist on taking her along if it will create problems for me and my family. I have been searching for an official document on this issue but have not been able to stumble on any. Kindly advise further or anyone with practical experience on this scenario should please contribute as well. God bless us all.

Worried!
Till now i still have'nt received my airway bill. My interview was on 11th june and my airway bill has not yet been sent. i have registered with dhl bt so far no updates about it.
Is that the normal procedure of waiting,how long should it take house...... ? please help!!

Cera please go to ceac.state.gov and check the status of the visa...you need to key in your details then submit.it will make you relax. do it now asap

Worried!
When you log in to your account(DHL) what information are they giving you coz you are supposed to get this in your E mail:
Visa Information Service: Document on transit from U.S Consular section.

Dears,
Do you if Court and Prison Records should be provide even if I was not convicted for anything?

For DVselectee if found the below
"Applicants who have been convicted of a crime must obtain a certified copy of each court record and any prison record, regardless of the fact that he or she may have subsequently benefited from an amnesty, pardon or other act of clemency."

Does it mean of for people with convicted crimes?

Thanks

Br,