• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Amen and thx. Quite encouraging.
Today's encouragement

Luke 11:9-10 So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

My city...love the place and coming from middle east....damn the weather feels like home. It reminded me of muthaiga, small community malls and the rural/town life style. Picnics parks are all over and with lake Washington you can't get wrong for barbecue. It's also a stone throw away from Canada border for those who like vacations and safaris.

wow!Am so loving this about seattle too.

They normally do a back ground check up of your Host to see if he/she is tax compliant,if they have enough resources to host you so that you are not a liability to The USA and are they citizens of America. Ensure your Host gives you his profile/Life History before your interview.Just be prepared. :)

As you are about the host, I have a related question, and you will excuse me if this has already been debated before. While filling the forms sent to KCC, I replied “ NOT YET DETERMINED” to the question #10 related the chosen permanent address in USA and to the question #11 related to where my Green card should be mailed. I now have the address and the host's name. I wonder if I must now send them to KCC before the interview date or if I will give them to the CO during the interview as have read somewhere on the forum. (We don’t all have parents and relatives in US, nor even friends!:D)

As you are about the host, I have a related question, and you will excuse me if this has already been debated before. While filling the forms sent to KCC, I replied “ NOT YET DETERMINED” to the question #10 related the chosen permanent address in USA and to the question #11 related to where my Green card should be mailed. I now have the address and the host's name. I wonder if I must now send them to KCC before the interview date or if I will give them to the CO during the interview as have read somewhere on the forum. (We don’t all have parents and relatives in US, nor even friends!:D)
You will give the new address at the CO window during the interview dont you worry.

Since u dont know any body, u will then present that info on interview day, thats what i think.

Since u dont know any body, u will then present that info on interview day, thats what i think.

Someone who is an illegal immigrant helped me to get an address of one who has a Green Card. I convened with this future Host that I will participate in the rental and in living expenses. If he doesn't change his mind as some of the forummates said!

You will give the new address at the CO window during the interview dont you worry.

That's fine if I will give the address of the Host at the CO window. But if they do a background check up of the Host to ensure that he/she has enough resources to host me, as Nickelly said previously, I wonder if this could not be a cause for putting me on AP.

Am just from IOM to book an appointment,its near my work place so i just walked in..so many worias waiting at the reception.I gave out my passport n the letter containing my case number to the lady at the reception(very friendly lady),was told to sit n wait for few minutes, after 10 or so minutes she called me gave me a certain form n told me what to take on the day of appointment,she also told me they are shifting to Gigiri soon:mad: she gave me the directions (No.78 UN Cresent off UN Avenue)..woiye too bad hio safari yote jamaneni!but what to do.my appointment is on 27th May,carrying Ksh.24,000

House of winners,how are you today.Well,in my case I did nt fill the US address when I was filling the DS-230 form.Infact,I wrote N/A..but later on I got the address and I had to fill it on my form on the interview date wen I was called to present my docs.That was before I faced the CO...So if u jus got the address u will not need to send it to KCC.Jus wait for the interview and make sure u run a background check on ur host..

Hey somebody chip in something on this.I want to book a British Airways flight and I was told that non-immigrant visas and students visas passengers have to pay for TRANSIT VISA at heathrow airport.Does the same case apply to us with Immigrant visas?

Today's encouragement

Luke 11:9-10 So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

Amen...thanks for this encouraging words.God bless

Hey somebody chip in something on this.I want to book a British Airways flight and I was told that non-immigrant visas and students visas passengers have to pay for TRANSIT VISA at heathrow airport.Does the same case apply to us with Immigrant visas?

Makiki please help a sister/brother...

Am just from IOM to book an appointment,its near my work place so i just walked in..so many worias waiting at the reception.I gave out my passport n the letter containing my case number to the lady at the reception(very friendly lady),was told to sit n wait for few minutes, after 10 or so minutes she called me gave me a certain form n told me what to take on the day of appointment,she also told me they are shifting to Gigiri soon:mad: she gave me the directions (No.78 UN Cresent off UN Avenue)..woiye too bad hio safari yote jamaneni!but what to do.my appointment is on 27th May,carrying Ksh.24,000

how soon are they shifting?

This will help you

Do you need a visa to transit airside?
In transit through the UK

You transit the UK airside if you arrive here on a flight, remain in the arrival lounge of the airport without passing through UK immigration control, and then depart on another flight from the same airport.

The UK government operates a DATV system for some countries. These countries are listed under 'More information' below.

You can transit the UK airside without a visa if:

you are a national of a country that is not in the list below; or
you are recognised as stateless under the 1954 UN Convention relating to the Status of Stateless Persons;
You hold a valid travel document issued by the UK government
You are a DATV national or recognised as stateless under the 1951 UN Refugee Convention and qualify for the DATV exemption under the 'transit without visa' concession - see under 'More information' below.

If you do not meet any of the above requirements, you must get a direct airside transit visa before you can transit the UK airside.

You cannot transit the UK airside if you are on your way to or from the Republic of Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
How to apply for a direct airside transit visa

Depending on the country where you live, you may need to make your application online or using application form VAF6.

To find out which application method you should use, see 'More information' below.

You can download application form VAF6 and its guidance notes from the right side of this page.

As part of your application, you will need to enrol your fingerprints and facial image (known as 'biometric information') at a visa application centre.

Select your country in our country finder to find out:

how to apply in your country (including how to apply online);
the location of our visa application centres;
how long we generally take to process visa applications; and
how your documents will be returned to you.

If your application is successful, you can find information about what will happen at the border (including customs requirements) in the Customs and travel information section.

More information

[up] Countries covered by the DATV system
Afghanistan
Albania
Algeria
Angola
Bangladesh
Belarus
Bolivia
Burma
Burundi
Cameroon
People's Republic of China
Colombia
Congo-Brazzaville
Democratic Republic of Congo - including travel documents issued by the former Zaire
Ecuador
Egypt
Eritrea
Ethiopia
Gambia
Ghana
Guinea
Guinea-Bissau
India
Iran
Iraq
Ivory Coast
Jamaica
Kenya
Kosovo
Lebanon
Lesotho
Liberia
You can copy this and take to the airline, at these airlines donot get this information. e.g in my country it is written for transit visa to France. if hold a valid US visa you donot need a transit visa, but Air France request transit visa and if you donot know or have this note you will miss your flight. Tks

Someone who is an illegal immigrant helped me to get an address of one who has a Green Card. I convened with this future Host that I will participate in the rental and in living expenses. If he doesn't change his mind as some of the forummates said!
Pray that the host doesnt AWOL on you. A cuzo was duped by her to be host 2 days before she took the flight....Luckily another cuzo came to her rescue and hosted her though they had to pay for another flight to the new state....Just ensure you have some savings and when you land ensure you figure where the nearest kenyan church is assuming you are from kenyan....Make friends so that if the host is unkind you can get someone else to host you....Will pray that God ntervenes in your situation. Being a newbie in a foreign land you might find yourself doing stuff that is not right... just be careful because they might just take advantage of you...Whats your P.O.E?