• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Hey somebody chip in something on this.I want to book a British Airways flight and I was told that non-immigrant visas and students visas passengers have to pay for TRANSIT VISA at heathrow airport.Does the same case apply to us with Immigrant visas?

Niaje brooo...:p:p

on a serious note..urs is an immigrant visa & thus u have no worries: nesh422 boarded a BA flight & no mention was made about transit visas..

Cheers.

On another note:kindly update ur particulars on this table https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqZnbgMvNnNHdDMxY29DNExZT3dUWGc1NmRXS3lIMlE

U know who ur...yes u...(me!!!)..this goes for the rest of u.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Obeezyb, Non-immigrant visit visa holders have to buy a two-way ticket, I don't think that applies to US immigrant visa holders. What do you say? I am saying this because some airlines require that one buys a return ticket as well.

Hey Kevo why did you take British Airways i find it expensive like a flight that takes $1070 by Emirates it takes $1611 by British. Anyway you are single and the money isnt a problem here i guess. You see with those of us who have family i would rather keep the difference of $600 to pay for the apartment or something else when i get there. I find Qatar also being cheap coz the same destination it costa $956. Wish i was single i would have booked American Airline and take the First class lol :p

Wish i was single i would have booked American Airline and take the First class lol :p
Abracadabra...poof:ur wish has been granted:p:p.(jini kutoka pwani:p:p)..

Time ya 1st class itafika...:):).

Cheers.

Hey Obeezyb, Non-immigrant visit visa holders have to buy a two-way ticket, I don't think that applies to US immigrant visa holders. What do you say? I am saying this because some airlines require that one buys a return ticket as well.

Hey Obeezyb, Non-immigrant visit visa holders have to buy a two-way ticket,
true..it shows commitment to returning to ur country & if u don't,the airline makes some dough:p.on another note,the hosting govt wont have to foot the deportation bill if they decide to kick u out.

I don't think that applies to US immigrant visa holders.
true,it doesn't...

I am saying this because some airlines require that one buys a return ticket as well.
kindly mention them;I'm yet to hear of such from IV holders.Do note that the airline staff/agents are pushing their sales since it's "cheaper" than 1 going/1 return ticket(s).

If am getting a tot of Famous Grouse in economy the premier i will get 2 tots hic!! :D hic!! :D

LOLest..I'm sure there's a duty free in the terminal where u can knock urself out..tipsy @ 30k feet,airtight cabin..hmmm.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I've checked out Allen...small town: ukisha land & settle,I'll update my DS-230 forms..Allen or bust:The lone star state...queue up.:cool::cool:.

Cheers.

LOLest..I'm sure there's a duty free in the terminal where u can knock urself out..tipsy @ 30k feet,airtight cabin..hmmm.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I've checked out Allen...small town: ukisha land & settle,I'll update my DS-230 forms..Allen or bust:The lone star state...queue up.:cool::cool:.

Cheers.

Yes its a very small town with lots of junguuz and its in the forest auuiiii reserve kishagi but i love such a place not crowded shida ni kazi

Yes its a very small town with lots of junguuz and its in the forest auuiiii reserve kishagi but i love such a place not crowded shida ni kazi

"Shida ni kazi" ata wewe makiki unaweza create jobs and employ akina junguzs to work for u! Uko na potential pia................... Over to u my sister.

For sure we all have this fear of both not getting the visa and life after getting the visa. Let me share something.
When i applied for the DV2013 for both my hubby and i, i kept on affirming to my self 5 times the following sentence "I am a permanent resident of USA" and "Thank you God for choosing my name as a winner of the Lottery" even before i slept i did say those words believe me even when i wake up at night i said it untill i could fall asleep and see what happened my hubby won and it was the best selection because he has all the requirements than me.
So, for the forthcoming interviews from today say this several times a day "My Visa has been approved" say it and feel it see the CO congratulating you. OR say "Father, i thank you that you have conquered the things that bother me. Please fill my heart with the peace that comes from knowing that i have already won the battle for the Visa"
Remember this Makiki:p

Today's Quote

He who refuses to embrace a unique opportunity loses the prize as surely as if he had failed. Don't give up though the pace seems slow.:)

Hey Kevo why did you take British Airways i find it expensive like a flight that takes $1070 by Emirates it takes $1611 by British. Anyway you are single and the money isnt a problem here i guess. You see with those of us who have family i would rather keep the difference of $600 to pay for the apartment or something else when i get there. I find Qatar also being cheap coz the same destination it costa $956. Wish i was single i would have booked American Airline and take the First class lol :p

Madam,you wont believe it but if you are planning to travel btn 18-25th may BA is the cheapest at $942 only..The other flights range from $1000 onwards.

For sure we all have this fear of both not getting the visa and life after getting the visa. Let me share something.
When i applied for the DV2013 for both my hubby and i, i kept on affirming to my self 5 times the following sentence "I am a permanent resident of USA" and "Thank you God for choosing my name as a winner of the Lottery" even before i slept i did say those words believe me even when i wake up at night i said it untill i could fall asleep and see what happened my hubby won and it was the best selection because he has all the requirements than me.
So, for the forthcoming interviews from today say this several times a day "My Visa has been approved" say it and feel it see the CO congratulating you. OR say "Father, i thank you that you have conquered the things that bother me. Please fill my heart with the peace that comes from knowing that i have already won the battle for the Visa"

Remember this Makiki:p

I remember it very well, i do believe in Law of Attraction i know some people really argue about this LOA but it works as Napoleon says "What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve" but it only works if you believe and have all the qualities concerned.

Madam,you wont believe it but if you are planning to travel btn 18-25th may BA is the cheapest at $942 only..The other flights range from $1000 onwards.

This is fantastic, am gonna check it ASAP kwanza dollar has gone done the better for us.