• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

KROSSMAINA, FAVORKB, CHEGE, MOHHAMED and a few of you who visit this site daily to gain or entertain yourselves from the post others post kindly say "HELLO" and dont be mean with your greetings and appreciation. I am sure you are DV WINNERs like us but the bad thing with you is that you are only here to take take and take in other words you like receiving receiving and receiving Ooooh today i have decided to mention afew of you that i see pop up read all we have written and then sign off. Hey what if we all behaved like you? We just signed into the forum and all we do is come see what has been written and sign off? There will not be 148 pages yet huh! Anyway i have to Congratulate you because atleast you took the time to sign in.

We have those who have never signed in but read daily through these posts shame on you!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D hey even you my friend you know yourself hahahaha please let others know that we are many and we are all walking the same direction and even if you dont want to answer any question asked Kindly Appreciate the Members otherwise am gonna assume all the gmails am getting from you because that is mean of you to only ask your question in the box and not on the wall. Let others also learn from your questions. We wont even know where you come from if you are afraid of people knowing your plans acha uchoyo

My 2 cents who has more to add or subtract? The floor is yours huh :cool:

LIVE UPDATE:
There are currently 33 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 31 guests)
MaKiki, kyleXY

Guests guests guests could there be one waiting for the last 6 months for his/her question to be asked by someone???
haha! sema kumulikwa!

but if you log in and leave it like that for some time it automatically logs you out and you appear as guest

LIVE UPDATE:
MaKiki, kyleXY

Guests guests guests could there be one waiting for the last 6 months for his/her question to be asked by someone???

Maybe they are hoping that someday someone will ask a Q in their hearts on their behalf.....i would kindly urge them to come out before time runs out...like they say "Fungua roho, Ongea" now someone translate for me this in English

KROSSMAINA, FAVORKB, CHEGE, MOHHAMED and a few of you who visit this site daily to gain or entertain yourselves from the post others post kindly say "HELLO" and dont be mean with your greetings and appreciation. I am sure you are DV WINNERs like us but the bad thing with you is that you are only here to take take and take in other words you like receiving receiving and receiving Ooooh today i have decided to mention afew of you that i see pop up read all we have written and then sign off. Hey what if we all behaved like you? We just signed into the forum and all we do is come see what has been written and sign off? There will not be 148 pages yet huh! Anyway i have to Congratulate you because atleast you took the time to sign in.

We have those who have never signed in but read daily through these posts shame on you!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D hey even you my friend you know yourself hahahaha please let others know that we are many and we are all walking the same direction and even if you dont want to answer any question asked Kindly Appreciate the Members otherwise am gonna assume all the gmails am getting from you because that is mean of you to only ask your question in the box and not on the wall. Let others also learn from your questions. We wont even know where you come from if you are afraid of people knowing your plans acha uchoyo

LIVE UPDATE:
MaKiki, kyleXY

You can say that again, I think we should all changia to build each other not just coming to take and take.
All the same, for all members who are active and always enlightening us on 'stuff' mubarikiwe sana. Highly appreciated.

Success story coming soon, pray for me.

OMG misses are you in Nigeria, Ghana or Zimbambwe? or where? You mean prices will go twice as they cost here coz that one is around $880 USD, so you mean your country it will cost 1700 USD??? Damn

Makiki, I'm from Cameroon, round trip will be that price x2 and even more.

LIVE UPDATE:
MaKiki, kyleXY

Mama we need people like you to change Africa and it help some of us to brave as woman to speak out when thing not working well.

DV-2015: Nigeria will become ineligible

The next lottery year 2015 which commences from October/November 2013, Nigerians will not be able to partake in the randomly selected 55000 Diversity Winners (DV) cutting across eligible countries around the globe. This may be the case for the next four(4) years, if the sponsored US Senate bill on proposed immigration reforms does not pass into law in this current year

Ineligible countries

Those born in any territory that has sent more than 50,000 immigrants to the United States in the previous five years are not eligible to receive a diversity visa. For DV-2014, natives of the following nations were ineligible: Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, China (mainland-born), Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Haiti, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, South Korea, United Kingdom (except Northern Ireland) and its dependent territories, and Vietnam.[3] The entry period to apply for the DV-2014 is from October 2, 2012 to November 3, 2012.

Exemptions

The term 50,000 "immigrants" refers only to people who immigrated via the family-sponsored, employment, or immediate relatives of U.S. citizen categories, and does not include other categories such as refugees, asylum seekers, NACARA beneficiaries, or previous diversity immigrants. It is for this reason that Cuba, Iran, Ethiopia, Guatemala, Nigeria, Iraq and Venezuela are not on the ineligible list as of 2012 despite sending over 50,000 immigrants in the previous five years.[4]

Changes

The first program was DV-1995, and the following 13 countries were ineligible from the start: Canada, China (mainland), Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Haiti, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Philippines, South Korea, Taiwan, United Kingdom (except Northern Ireland) and its dependent territories, and Vietnam.

Changes to the list of countries over the years include the following:

DV-1996: Colombia now ineligible.
DV-1998: Poland now ineligible.
DV-2002: Poland and Taiwan now eligible, Pakistan ineligible.
DV-2004: East Timor added, eligible.
DV-2005: Russia now ineligible.
DV-2007: Poland again ineligible.
DV-2008: Brazil and Peru now ineligible; Serbia and Montenegro listed separately, both eligible.
DV-2009: Ecuador and Guatemala now ineligible.
DV-2010: Russia now eligible; Kosovo added, eligible.
DV-2013: Poland again eligible, Bangladesh now ineligible; South Sudan added, eligible.
DV-2014: Guatemala again eligible.
DV-2015: Nigeria will become ineligible, as per the recently released 2012 immigration statistics.

The large number of changes for DV-2002 was due to a three-year gap between the publication of the 1998 and 1999 immigration statistics. In other words, DV-2001 was still using the statistics from the five-year period from 1994 to 1998 to determine country eligibility. As immigration has increased, the number of ineligible countries has risen, from 13 for DV-1995 to 18 now. Colombia, Pakistan, Brazil, Peru, Ecuador, and Bangladesh have been added since 1995 and are currently ineligible, while Taiwan is the only country which was ineligible in 1995 but eligible now due to decreasing immigration.

Russia fell below the ineligibility limit for DV-2010 due to a combination of a sharp dropoff in adoptions (from 5,878 in 2004 to 2,301 in 2007) and the unusual bureaucratic quirk of large numbers of Russian immigrants being allocated to "Soviet Union (former)" rather than Russia in 2006 and 2007. Similarly, Guatemala was ineligible from 2009 to 2013 due to a wave of adoptions from that country, and Poland was ineligible for two unconnected periods (1998 to 2001, and 2007 to 2012) due in the latter case to DHS' effort to reduce a backlog of adjustment of status applications.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diversity_Immigrant_Visa

I thought you said till 18th or i have to do it as in today? Hebu ni show Kevo did you use your Visa card or how did it go coz my card has issues was told to wait till Tuesday? Is it the same way as paying for the USCIS fee just want to know coz of the Cards

Hi maam,sorry for getting back to you this late..Immigrant fee u'll pay using ur credit card or through the US bank from the other side.For the airticket u can pay using ur credit card or cash at the airline offices.Now,there is a disadvantage of high prices if u book n buy the ticket on ur own without going through an agent.

I thought you said till 18th or i have to do it as in today? Hebu ni show Kevo did you use your Visa card or how did it go coz my card has issues was told to wait till Tuesday? Is it the same way as paying for the USCIS fee just want to know coz of the Cards

Booking a ticket doesnt require you to pay any cash....U can book n buy the ticket later on..As I was saying,try gettin an agent to do the whole process for you because you'll get the ticket at a cheaper price.I thnk the agents are given several seats to sell at a discount thats why you find airtickets from agents at much cheaper price than from the airline offices directly..I will email you the agent's contact info so that you can get in touch with them.

Hi maam,sorry for getting back to you this late..Immigrant fee u'll pay using ur credit card or through the US bank from the other side.For the airticket u can pay using ur credit card or cash at the airline offices.Now,there is a disadvantage of high prices if u book n buy the ticket on ur own without going through an agent.
Thanks so much