• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Gabam,just have the faith, our God a miracle God and He will complete what He had started in ur life. Go on with life and let God do the rest.
Yes tell him, Let him believe that his God oh him is Allah will finish what he started

Come with a sack of Monies,be ready to chop some money,I don't envy u but you will make it.Do you have relatives here they can help 4 a while:p

am prepairing a small pick up truck to ferry the monies but for now you nickelly are the only relative i know, over to you................hehehehe

For those thinking of Seattle, WA

10 Reasons People Move to Seattle (in no particular order)

By Boris on February 22, 2008

We do a lot of recruiting in the Seattle marketplace along with the Bay Area and Los Angeles. And although we have great reach into each of those individual communities, we are making it a big priority this year to focus on the synergies that may exist between these three markets. We’ve noticed that ever since we’ve been asking about our candidate’s mobility and willingness to relocate to these cities, we were pleasantly suprised by the large number of those who are interested in moving to and from these three major tech hubs. I became motivated to build this list of top 10 reasons to move to Seattle after Glenn Kelman of Redfin and Michael Arrington of Techcrunch sounded off about the pluses and minuses of Seattle compared to the Silicon Valley. Although my heart is in neither the Bay Area or Seattle (I love LA), I thought that Michael’s point of view was a bit arrogant and narrow-minded. Apparently in his opinion, entrepreneurs shouldn’t bother even existing if they plan to live outside of the Silicon Valley. No doubt Silicon Valley is the biggest star in the technology universe, but by no means is it the only one. If anybody wants to debate these reasons or has some additional reasons that people considering Seattle should know about, I’d love it if you posted a comment and continued the thread.

1. No State Income Tax – According to the IRS, Washington State, along with 8 other states, has no state income tax.

seattle-landscape.JPG2. Nature – Seattle is located in the Puget Sound and is in close proximity to a lot of outdoor activities. Close to Mt. Ranier and the Cascade Mountain Range, you can be sitting on the beach at Golden Gardens Park and look over and see snow capped mountains (Mt. Ranier pictured to right). For more information on all the activities found in Seattle visit The Seattle Weekenders Guide.

3. Job – Industry is booming, startup companies are sprouting everywhere.

employment-projections.JPG

4. City Life – Seattle is a small city but has all the making and activities associated with a major city. The Greater Seattle InfoGuide sums that up pretty well:

To some, the city may seem filled with contradictions, but the Greater Seattle area welcomes and encourages these diverse lifestyles. This is a place that balances big business and a healthy environment, sports and the arts, family and single-living, individualism and a deep sense of community pride. With quality schooling, affordable health care and a low incidence of crime, Seattle offers a life that balances favorable working and living conditions.

5. People – People in Seattle are nice and polite, like living in a small town. The was a post on Yelp that talked about all the great things about Seattle. The openness and friendliness of Seattleites was brought up quite a few times.

Seattle is a laid back town of practical folks that enjoy a good cup of coffee and a warm slice of freshly baked bread. But what I really love about Seattle is, that even if you don’t enjoy these things you’ll still be embraced by the people of Seattle with the same amount of hospitality and love as if you did. And how could you not love a town filled with those kinds of people?

6. Public Transportation – Seattle has a great public transportation system, so if you live and work in the city, you can almost get away without having a car (I said almost :) ). The City offers many options to get you moving from where you are to where you want to go. Whether you take the new Seattle StreetCar system, The Metro Transit system, The Rail Transit, or the Washington State Ferries you will be sure to get around town with no hassle.

7. Big Name Software companies – Microsoft, Google, Amazon all have a large presence in the area causing a boom in the software job market. If you want to get a good look at all the software companies in Seattle take a look at this map put together on Google Maps.

8. Good Schools – Named one of the Smartest City’s in the nation by MSNBC. The University of Washington is just one of the top schools the Seattle area has to offer.
education.JPG

9. Weather – The weather doesn’t get too hot or too cold. Contrary to popular belief Seattle is not the city with the most rain according to a article on MSNBC. They are not even in the top 10. According to Wikipedia they only get 37.1 inches per year.

10. Coffee – What else is Seattle known for—their Coffee of course. There is some sort of coffe shop on every corner. If you feel like Starbucks, Tully’s, Peets, or Seattle’s Best you will be sure to have no trouble finding one. You will even find small Mom and Pop coffeehouses all over. According to an article on Market Watch there are 2.5 coffee shops for every 10,000 people in Seattle.

We do a lot of recruiting in the Seattle marketplace along with the Bay Area and Los Angeles. And although we have great reach into each of those individual communities, we are making it a big priority this year to focus on the synergies that may exist between these three markets. We’ve noticed that ever since we’ve been asking about our candidate’s mobility and willingness to relocate to these cities, we were pleasantly suprised by the large number of those who are interested in moving to and from these three major tech hubs. I became motivated to build this list of top 10 reasons to move to Seattle after Glenn Kelman of Redfin and Michael Arrington of Techcrunch sounded off about the pluses and minuses of Seattle compared to the Silicon Valley. Although my heart is in neither the Bay Area or Seattle (I love LA), I thought that Michael’s point of view was a bit arrogant and narrow-minded. Apparently in his opinion, entrepreneurs shouldn’t bother even existing if they plan to live outside of the Silicon Valley. No doubt Silicon Valley is the biggest star in the technology universe, but by no means is it the only one. If anybody wants to debate these reasons or has some additional reasons that people considering Seattle should know about, I’d love it if you posted a comment and continued the thread.

A
1. No State Income Tax – According to the IRS, Washington State, along with 8 other states, has no state income tax.

seattle-landscape.JPG2. Nature – Seattle is located in the Puget Sound and is in close proximity to a lot of outdoor activities. Close to Mt. Ranier and the Cascade Mountain Range, you can be sitting on the beach at Golden Gardens Park and look over and see snow capped mountains (Mt. Ranier pictured to right). For more information on all the activities found in Seattle visit The Seattle Weekenders Guide.

4. City Life – Seattle is a small city but has all the making and activities associated with a major city. The Greater Seattle InfoGuide sums that up pretty well:

To some, the city may seem filled with contradictions, but the Greater Seattle area welcomes and encourages these diverse lifestyles. This is a place that balances big business and a healthy environment, sports and the arts, family and single-living, individualism and a deep sense of community pride. With quality schooling, affordable health care and a low incidence of crime, Seattle offers a life that balances favorable working and living conditions.

5. People – People in Seattle are nice and polite, like living in a small town. The was a post on Yelp that talked about all the great things about Seattle. The openness and friendliness of Seattleites was brought up quite a few times.

Seattle is a laid back town of practical folks that enjoy a good cup of coffee and a warm slice of freshly baked bread. But what I really love about Seattle is, that even if you don’t enjoy these things you’ll still be embraced by the people of Seattle with the same amount of hospitality and love as if you did. And how could you not love a town filled with those kinds of people?

6. Public Transportation – Seattle has a great public transportation system, so if you live and work in the city, you can almost get away without having a car (I said almost :) ). The City offers many options to get you moving from where you are to where you want to go. Whether you take the new Seattle StreetCar system, The Metro Transit system, The Rail Transit, or the Washington State Ferries you will be sure to get around town with no hassle.

7. Big Name Software companies – Microsoft, Google, Amazon all have a large presence in the area causing a boom in the software job market. If you want to get a good look at all the software companies in Seattle take a look at this map put together on Google Maps.

8. Good Schools – Named one of the Smartest City’s in the nation by MSNBC. The University of Washington is just one of the top schools the Seattle area has to offer.
education.JPG

9. Weather – The weather doesn’t get too hot or too cold. Contrary to popular belief Seattle is not the city with the most rain according to a article on MSNBC. They are not even in the top 10. According to Wikipedia they only get 37.1 inches per year.

10. Coffee – What else is Seattle known for—their Coffee of course. There is some sort of coffe shop on every corner. If you feel like Starbucks, Tully’s, Peets, or Seattle’s Best you will be sure to have no trouble finding one. You will even find small Mom and Pop coffeehouses all over. According to an article on Market Watch there are 2.5 coffee shops for every 10,000 people in Seattle.

My city...love the place and coming from middle east....damn the weather feels like home. It reminded me of muthaiga, small community malls and the rural/town life style. Picnics parks are all over and with lake Washington you can't get wrong for barbecue. It's also a stone throw away from Canada border for those who like vacations and safaris.

education.JPG

this makes me want to change my POE to Seattle. too bad sijui mtu huko

Do one require a bank statement at the interview?

They normally do a back ground check up of your Host to see if he/she is tax compliant,if they have enough resources to host you so that you are not a liability to The USA and are they citizens of America. Ensure your Host gives you his profile/Life History before your interview.Just be prepared. :)

education.JPG

Unfortunately My brother In Law relocated from Seattle to Dallas too bad:cool:

Today's encouragement

Luke 11:9-10 So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.