• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

hi

This is the copy of the e-mail:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Fiancées or common law spouses cannot be listed as a beneficiary on DV cases.
Once you are legally married, you may add your spouse to the case.

To add a spouse, please submit the following to KCC once you are married:

· Copy of marriage certificate with English translation
· Forms DS 230 Part I & II for spouse
· Updated DS 230 Part I for the principal applicant
· Passport style photo of the spouse

If you need additional copies of the forms, photocopies are acceptable or you may download them at http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_1342.html.

Family members not included on the initial entry may cause the case to be disqualified. Extenuating circumstances such as; you have been married or had a child after the initial application submission may be acceptable. If you meet either of these circumstances a photocopy of the marriage and/or birth certificate, along with English translations, should be provided with the completed forms. If you need to obtain additional DS 230 Parts I & II forms, you may download them at: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_1342.html.

A spouse and/or eligible children, unmarried and under the age 21 must have the above forms completed and returned before KCC can make the necessary adjustments to your case. KCC will accept this information via postal mail, email, or fax. Information received at KCC after interview scheduling will be forwarded to the Embassy or the applicant may carry this information with them to their interview appointment.
Diversity Visa Unit
Phone: (606) 526-7500
Email: KCCDV@state.gov

Thanks for the info. i'm most grateful. i believe scanning n sending is a good idea n quite economical but do i scan her passport pix too?

help out a brother:)

Thanks for the info. i'm most grateful. i believe scanning n sending is a good idea n quite economical but do i scan her passport pix too?

Hypothetical:
If u were to (snail)mail the docs to KCC,how would u package them?

1:Attach the pic to the top left hand corner of ur DS-230 using gum,glue,any adhesive u can come up with as long as it doesn't interfere with the picture's face.

2:place the doc face down on a flat bed scanner & scan all the pages & save preferably as a pdf document.

3:Attach to ur mail & send to KCCDV@state.gov.

Including a cover letter & ur CN @ the top right corner will ease reconciliation:)

Cheers.

It's all good....12 days so I can begin my leave,it's been an exciting year(since May 1:p:p):Yup,cant wait for June/July 2013.

Cheers.

Enjoy your leave Obz. Hope you will have enough stuff up your sleeves to offer us during that time. Incase you need to know, your reward will come on 30th Sept 2013. Hope the house will contribute for your trophy. You truely deserve one.

which can make your case be disqualified......

9 FAM 42.33 N6.6 Derivative Status:

(CT:VISA-1555; 09-30-2010)

a. Applicants must include on their initial entry their spouse and all natural children, as well as legally-adopted children and stepchildren, who are unmarried and under the age of 21 as of the date of the initial entry.

b. By regulation, applicants are not required to include spouses and children who are already U.S. citizens or Legal Permanent Residents (LPRs) on the registration. Applicants are nevertheless instructed to include all such family members in their registration, to ensure that all family members may qualify for visas in the event they do not have LPR or U.S. citizen status. However, a failure to include on the registration spouses and children who are in fact U.S. citizens or Legal Permanent Residents (LPRs) cannot be used as grounds for denial.

c. You must deny the applications of registrants who list on their Form DS-230, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, or their Form DS-260, Online Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, a spouse or child who was not included in their initial entry, unless such spouse or child was acquired subsequent to submission of qualifying DV entry. The spouse of a principal alien, if acquired after registration, and prior to the principal alien’s admission, or the child of a principal alien, if the child was born after registration or is the issue of a marriage which took place after registration and prior to the principal alien’s admission to the United States, although not named on an application, is entitled to derivative DV status.

d. If post believes a case merits issuance despite apparent failure to comply with this instruction, post can submit the case for an advisory opinion (AO) to the Advisory Opinions Division (CA/VO/L/A)

In a nutshell,if u r married & then & applied as single/had declared that u had no kids & come up with kids(after "winning") who were born before initial DV entry would be grounds for disqualification by misrepresentation of a material fact.

Enjoy your leave Obz. Hope you will have enough stuff up your sleeves to offer us during that time. Incase you need to know, your reward will come on 30th Sept 2013. Hope the house will contribute for your trophy. You truely deserve one.

Enjoy your leave Obz.
i'll have a blast..maybe 2,3..who knows:p

Hope you will have enough stuff up your sleeves to offer us during that time.
LOL..i intend 2b MIA,let's see how it pans out:)

Incase you need to know, your reward will come on 30th Sept 2013.
effectively..that will be...

307 days
26,524,800 seconds
442,080 minutes
7368 hours
43 weeks (rounded down)

:p

Hope the house will contribute for your trophy
that would be splendid:).

You truly deserve one.
u r far too kind:).

Count me in i will contribute to his TROPHY he is a very kind and ready to help dude. Obz you deserve one just like Ash has suggested.

waooooo.

We arrived IAD Airport @ 8.10 local time at Washington. Here things are totally different from Africa and preferably in Kenya. For example in Kenya we usually talk of a Super High while here they talk of thousands of super highways.:cool:

what a good feeling,looking at wankin we believe that our day is coming.keep updating us on everything from weather, food and all we need to know.congrats n we wish you the best.

Hey guyz ..i thank you for keepin the thread alove..Makiki big up..sisi tuiko still waiting i guess the excitement kwisha after the visa bulletin proved to be slow moving ...i am contemplate rescheduling ny visa interview so that i prepare well..:p

Greetings

Hello,
I hope you are well, I want to thank the members(Ash, Kabombi, catchme,winkinmaster,immigrant**,...) who helped me and tell them that I found all necessary documents.Continue to pray for the others who have the difficults to find documents,
may God bless us,
Good day to all.

Hello,
I hope you are well, I want to thank the members(Ash, Kabombi, catchme,winkinmaster,immigrant**,...) who helped me and tell them that I found all necessary documents.Continue to pray for the others who have the difficults to find documents,
may God bless us,
Good day to all.

Any time my sister. Your success will be our pride.

Hey guyz ..i thank you for keepin the thread alove..Makiki big up..sisi tuiko still waiting i guess the excitement kwisha after the visa bulletin proved to be slow moving ...i am contemplate rescheduling ny visa interview so that i prepare well..:p

Yo welcome Papa. What ever will make you succeed, just go for it. We now know that re-scheduling ain't a big deal like we had thought earlier.

i'll have a blast..maybe 2,3..who knows:p

LOL..i intend 2b MIA,let's see how it pans out:)

effectively..that will be...

307 days
26,524,800 seconds
442,080 minutes
7368 hours
43 weeks (rounded down)

:p

that would be splendid:).

u r far too kind:).

Thx. I like your breakdown of the time. Just to the dot. Wow!

hi

Hypothetical:
If u were to (snail)mail the docs to KCC,how would u package them?

1:Attach the pic to the top left hand corner of ur DS-230 using gum,glue,any adhesive u can come up with as long as it doesn't interfere with the picture's face.

2:place the doc face down on a flat bed scanner & scan all the pages & save preferably as a pdf document.

3:Attach to ur mail & send to KCCDV@state.gov.

Including a cover letter & ur CN @ the top right corner will ease reconciliation:)

Cheers.

thanks for the info bro.

In a nutshell,if u r married & then & applied as single/had declared that u had no kids & come up with kids(after "winning") who were born before initial DV entry would be grounds for disqualification by misrepresentation of a material fact.

thanks for the info but mine is not the case. i'm married and stated so on my form. my wife and i had already sent the documents to KCC by which time she was pregnant. she gave birth only two weeks ago so i would want to include the baby.

what a good feeling,looking at wankin we believe that our day is coming.keep updating us on everything from weather, food and all we need to know.congrats n we wish you the best.

yesterday on 27th there was a snow fall and right now in Lancaster PA county snow still there.
Already applied for SSN