• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Thanks friends. i'm posting the document via DHL ASAP. apart from adding her passport pix to the filled DS230 form, do i need to include a copy of her birth certificate?

Why cant you scan the additional DS230 and send through email instead of sending na DHL

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks friends. i'm posting the document via DHL ASAP. apart from adding her passport pix to the filled DS230 form, do i need to include a copy of her birth certificate?
Hi Frank80, you are better off attaching the copy of the birth certificate if you can. I know people who are married after they send their forms to KCC are required to attach their marriage certificate when they update the forms. That is what they answered me when I asked about marriage.

This is the copy of the e-mail:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Fiancées or common law spouses cannot be listed as a beneficiary on DV cases.
Once you are legally married, you may add your spouse to the case.

To add a spouse, please submit the following to KCC once you are married:

· Copy of marriage certificate with English translation
· Forms DS 230 Part I & II for spouse
· Updated DS 230 Part I for the principal applicant
· Passport style photo of the spouse

If you need additional copies of the forms, photocopies are acceptable or you may download them at http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_1342.html.

Family members not included on the initial entry may cause the case to be disqualified. Extenuating circumstances such as; you have been married or had a child after the initial application submission may be acceptable. If you meet either of these circumstances a photocopy of the marriage and/or birth certificate, along with English translations, should be provided with the completed forms. If you need to obtain additional DS 230 Parts I & II forms, you may download them at: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_1342.html.

A spouse and/or eligible children, unmarried and under the age 21 must have the above forms completed and returned before KCC can make the necessary adjustments to your case. KCC will accept this information via postal mail, email, or fax. Information received at KCC after interview scheduling will be forwarded to the Embassy or the applicant may carry this information with them to their interview appointment.
Diversity Visa Unit
Phone: (606) 526-7500
Email: KCCDV@state.gov

If you need additional copies of the forms, photocopies are acceptable or you may download them at http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_1342.html.

Family members not included on the initial entry may cause the case to be disqualified. Extenuating circumstances such as; you have been married or had a child after the initial application submission may be acceptable. If you meet either of these circumstances a photocopy of the marriage and/or birth certificate, along with English translations, should be provided with the completed forms. If you need to obtain additional DS 230 Parts I & II forms, you may download them at: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_1342.html.

A spouse and/or eligible children, unmarried and under the age 21 must have the above forms completed and returned before KCC can make the necessary adjustments to your case. KCC will accept this information via postal mail, email, or fax. Information received at KCC after interview scheduling will be forwarded to the Embassy or the applicant may carry this information with them to their interview appointment.
Diversity Visa Unit

I just love this forum, it is very helpful. frank80 this is the best response so far. ;)

We arrived IAD Airport @ 8.10 local time at Washington. Here things are totally different from Africa and preferably in Kenya. For example in Kenya we usually talk of a Super High while here they talk of thousands of super highways.:cool:

Hmmmm...looks like we r far behind(mo puns:p..development wise & CN too)

Hi Everybody.... Im stil around!!! warm welcome to new members (((((())))))) how is everybody doing? we are happy for you Wank and we thank God that you arrive safely..... keep us updated on how life is over there.... bet there is huge difference btw there and here.... we cant wait for our turn to come....next thanksgiving we will ALL be celebrating in obamaland.. AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!

AMEN to that..

Originally Posted by Hawi
I am in the USA also going through the AOS process. how did you know when to send the DOS fee? My number is 26xxx and does the DV fee receipt have a stamp and an amount on it? Do you only send the I-485 and the medical results when your number become current? I would really appreciate your help, thanks

Hawi please try to send private messages to Sm1smom, AhWah, Dubai-b, kenweed, they are all in the USA and can be of help to you.

even better,join/follow this thread..http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?548095-DV-2013-AOS-Only.

All the best..

Diversity Visa Unit

And it get's even better...

I am in the USA also going through the AOS process. how did you know when to send the DOS fee? My number is 26xxx

I am in the USA also going through the AOS process. how did you know when to send the DOS fee? My number is 26xxx and does the DV fee receipt have a stamp and an amount on it? Do you only send the I-485 and the medical results when your number become current? I would really appreciate your help, thanks

The DV fee to be sent to DOS is $330 per person adjusting status. The fee can be sent anytime, it's not quite dependent on your visa number release. It takes about 2-3 weeks for payment receipt (which is basically the original form you're sending to DOS which will bear a "Received" stamp when DOS returns it to you) to be sent back by DOS. So the earlier the payment is made, the better.

When your number becomes current, you'll need to send I-485, I-693 (Medical Form), G-325 (Biographic Information Form), DOS payment receipt, AOS Payment (Personal Check or Money Order), and your personal supporting documents to the Chicago Lockbox. Other optional forms you may want to include (if applicable): I-765, I-131, G-1145.

Follow the AOS 2013 thread for additional information or to post follow-up questions:

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?548095-DV-2013-AOS-Only

Anyone from the house going for interview in December? Need to remember them in prayers

Last edited by a moderator: