• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

hi members this jarmsbi,lastweek i had an accident which caused a minor fracture resulting to plaster bandage unfortunately it happened when my interview is on the conner this coming week and i cant support myself with one leg i am on cranches,what can i do,reschedule my interview or i just attend?urgently advice.i have all other documentations ready

pole sana n get well soon.i think its good u go for the interview just explain what happened,on onother note this determination might move the co.

anxiety

am i the only one with a mixed feeling of exitement n anxiety,it is rather a long rough wait.but it is all worth it,prayers should be our strength,enjoy your weekend.

howdy house! i can see we are growing day by day. :D:D had gone off to get married but am back now :cool:
Congrats for wedding.
If you got a cert, then its good to update yua signature so that everyone can know yu're married.
Dominsty, Yu must redo your police cert if yu've really done with them immediately when you get 2NL. All the best.

hello guys,
if someone get married after he got his GC, how long it may take to bring spouse to US?
all ideas highly appreciated,

Thanks

wankinmaster all the best in your preparations and have a safe journey. the rest of the house hang on tight hope all goes well for everyone plus the selected and aren't in this group
Thanks Mzae, You already in States? Lol.........................All the best.

Good morning brothers and sisters,
Hope you are all well,
I just wanted to let you know that I received my second notification letter.

good day to all.
May God be with us
Congrats......................May yu continue smoothly wit tis journey, In God's name. Amen

hi members this jarmsbi,lastweek i had an accident which caused a minor fracture resulting to plaster bandage unfortunately it happened when my interview is on the conner this coming week and i cant support myself with one leg i am on cranches,what can i do,reschedule my interview or i just attend?urgently advice.i have all other documentations ready[/QUOTe

Sry about that. If u can, do not reschedule. Yo situation will give u favour before the co.

hi members this jarmsbi,lastweek i had an accident which caused a minor fracture resulting to plaster bandage unfortunately it happened when my interview is on the conner this coming week and i cant support myself with one leg i am on cranches,what can i do,reschedule my interview or i just attend?urgently advice.i have all other documentations ready

Pole sana Jarmsbi...don't reschedule if you are in shape to get there. Get over with it and recover with less worries.

hello guys,
if someone get married after he got his GC, how long it may take to bring spouse to US?

Thanks

yo spouse can join u using other visa types like visitors visa or students visa as an immediate solution. But to benefit from yo status will take a while which is a permanent solution. U will petition under their normal system which takes many years for the number to be current. What i know is that it takes 5 years to become a citizen after getting the gc. Yo spouse can benefit from yo status then. U need to live in the us for 3 yrs without getting out either in the first 3yrs of the 5yrs or the last 3yrs of the 5yrs to qualify for citizenship.

hello guys,

Thanks

It will take 5 yrs. So brother you may have to wait for 5 yrs to get her there with a Fiancée Visa. Or try other means of getting her in the US. Getting just a greencard will not allow you to bring your spouse/fiancée to US only US Citizens are able to do so.
BUT If your Fiancée is in the US unlawfully while you get married and file the immigrant petition for her, in most cases she will not be able to apply for a marriage greencard while in the US. In this situation she will have to pursue an immigrant visa at a US consulate overseas. Keep in mind that foreign citizens that accrue 180 days or more of unlawful presence in the US are generally prohibited from returning to the US for 3 to 10 years upon departure regardless of being married to a US citizen.

So you might get her in the US as a student that is the easiest way if you cant wait that long.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok. first of all permanent resident CAN file a petition for his/her spouse. the only problem is it will take a long longer than in case of citizen (approximately 2/3 years).

second of all if your spouse would be unlawfully present in us then you would have to wait until you become a citizen and only then adjust her status.

Dear MaKiki, Ash 2013 and Dziecka

Thanks a lot for your valuable information, i was convinced with the idea that once you have been a GC holder you will be eligible to petition your fiance. so this information was completely wrong!

thanks again you to let me know early! God bless u all

am i the only one with a mixed feeling of excitement n anxiety,it is rather a long rough wait.but it is all worth it,prayers should be our strength,enjoy your weekend.

howdy house! i can see we are growing day by day.
Hmmm...i got over the DV anxiety issue way back in May/June given "our lengthy" wait time:p..tuko pamoja:p

it is rather a long rough wait.
LOL...r we reading from the same script?:p

prayers should be our strength,
Indeed.

enjoy your weekend.
Monday blues:(

Originally Posted by Jimma Boy
hello guys,

Thanks
yo spouse can join u using other visa types like visitors visa or students visa as an immediate solution. But to benefit from yo status will take a while which is a permanent solution. U will petition under their normal system which takes many years for the number to be current. What i know is that it takes 5 years to become a citizen after getting the gc. Yo spouse can benefit from yo status then. U need to live in the us for 3 yrs without getting out either in the first 3yrs of the 5yrs or the last 3yrs of the 5yrs to qualify for citizenship.

yo spouse can join u using other visa types like visitors visa or students visa as an immediate solution.
hmmm...the probability of the spouse being granted a visa(tourist/student) r slim since it is assumed that there's already immigrant intent due to the other spouse being state-side.

U will petition under their normal system which takes many years for the number to be current
At least 2 years as LPR(F2A).....refer to the visa bulletins.
ASAP(depending) as USC.

Last edited by a moderator: