• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

House ...Morning..what happens if your medicals expire and you already have the visa..would you go back to IOM (whole process) ama what ...?

House ...Morning..what happens if your medicals expire and you already have the visa..would you go back to IOM (whole process) ama what ...?

U will have to redo the medicals either here or stateside:[someone from nairaland medicals expired & the immigration officials @ the POE told him he had to redo the process & it cost him much(between $700-1k) since he didnt have health insurance].

Whole process,I don't think so..only the "expired" vaccine.

Hey Ash 2013,kindly advise.

Jesyka, you have all the docs except no. 3 in OBz list. Probably, I need some clarification as to when the adoption occured. Did you adopt the kid before you entered the lottery or after May 1st 2012? This is important cause if you filled the kids name online initially, then the adoption date must be before the online application. However, if you adopted the child after may 2012, then it's ok as well. You just add the kid to your visa application to KCC.

Good morning brothers and sisters,
Hope you are all well,
I just wanted to let you know that I received my second notification letter.

good day to all.
May God be with us

Oh thank God Lucy10, we were getting worried. May God lead you through. You are in our prayers.

U will have to redo the medicals either here or stateside:[someone from nairaland medicals expired & the immigration officials @ the POE told him he had to redo the process & it cost him much(between $700-1k) since he didnt have health insurance].

Whole process,I don't think so..only the "expired" vaccine.

Ob is right. Have a look at the instructions below from Bangladesh. I also belief that the POE medical re-exams are possible just like the Nairaland guy did. But they are not advisable. When they expire, you do another exam from your country before you travel. These Us guys have rules but there are also exceptions. The POE re-exam is really an exception to the general rule.

Instructions for Medical Examination of Immigrant Visa Applicants (FROM US EMBASSY IN BANGLADESH)

No immigrant will be admitted to the United States if, at the Port-of-Entry, the medical exam is more than one year old. If your visa issuance was delayed more than six months from the date when you took your exam, you may wish to have a new medical exam. Otherwise the expiration date of your Immigrant Visa will be exactly one year after you took your medical exam. Example: If you took your medical exam on 15 May 1999, but your visa was not issued until 22 February 2000, your visa will expire on 14 May 2000. If you take a new medical exam, however, your visa will have the full six month validity, until 21 August 2000. Whether or not you should update your medical clearance depends on how soon after visa issuance you plan to travel to the United States.

Please is there anyone in this forum who will be current in January 2013 and for that matter has received his or her second letter...? Because the cut point for Africa in January 2013 is 18100.

Welcome Taatus. Please update your signature.

keep up the good work with the table Obz. By the way, has Jarmsbi done his interview already? I have been kind of AWOL.

First things first.......The flight will connect via Dubai DXB for 5hrs (connection time will be 3hrs.40min) Then to I.A.D Washington for 14hrs.50min

Dude, i'm really happy for you.
You should see me smiling as i read your posts. It proves that this is real and its really happening.
I wish you and your family all the best

Awesome puns...

Definitions you may not know:
Arbitrator: A cook that leaves Arby’s to work at McDonald’s.
Avoidable: What a bullfighter tries to do.
Bernadette: The act of torching your mortgage.
Burglarize: What a crook sees with.
Control: A short, ugly inmate.
Counterfeiters: Workers who put together kitchen cabinets.
Eclipse: What an English barber does for a living.
Eyedropper: A clumsy ophthalmologist.
Heroes: What a guy in a canoe does.
Left Bank: What a robber did when his bag was full of loot.
Misty: How golfers create divots.
Parasites: What you see from the top of the Eiffel Tower.
Pharmacists: A helper on the farm.
Polarize: What penguins see with.
Primate: Removing your spouse from in front of the TV.
Relief: What trees do each spring.
Rubberneck: What you can do to relax your wife.
Seamstress: Describes 250 pounds in a size 6.
Selfish: What the owner of a seafood store does.
Subdued: A guy that works on submarines.
Sudafed: Bring litigation against a government official

Jesyka, you have all the docs except no. 3 in OBz list. Probably, I need some clarification as to when the adoption occured. Did you adopt the kid before you entered the lottery or after May 1st 2012? This is important cause if you filled the kids name online initially, then the adoption date must be before the online application. However, if you adopted the child after may 2012, then it's ok as well. You just add the kid to your visa application to KCC.

I Adopted the child eight years ago. Thanks alot

Definitions you may not know:
Arbitrator: A cook that leaves Arby’s to work at McDonald’s.
Avoidable: What a bullfighter tries to do.
Bernadette: The act of torching your mortgage.
Burglarize: What a crook sees with.
Control: A short, ugly inmate.
Counterfeiters: Workers who put together kitchen cabinets.
Eclipse: What an English barber does for a living.
Eyedropper: A clumsy ophthalmologist.
Heroes: What a guy in a canoe does.
Left Bank: What a robber did when his bag was full of loot.
Misty: How golfers create divots.
Parasites: What you see from the top of the Eiffel Tower.
Pharmacists: A helper on the farm.
Polarize: What penguins see with.
Primate: Removing your spouse from in front of the TV.
Relief: What trees do each spring.
Rubberneck: What you can do to relax your wife.
Seamstress: Describes 250 pounds in a size 6.
Selfish: What the owner of a seafood store does.
Subdued: A guy that works on submarines.
Sudafed: Bring litigation against a government official

Thats quite humurous Obz.

I Adopted the child eight years ago. Thanks alot

You are welcome. I think you are good to go. As for the statement, I believe you have a report of a social /welfare officer showing details of how the child has been living. I do not know how it is done over there but for us, we are given that report before the court gives you the order. Such a report is enough evidence.

If i have Bros&Sis in the USA n during the interview,they ask me whether i have relatives there,im supposed 2 tell the trueth? Thank u guys.