• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

tafakari hayo

If i have Bros&Sis in the USA n during the interview,they ask me whether i have relatives there,im supposed 2 tell the trueth? Thank u guys.

If i have Bros&Sis in the USA n during the interview,they ask me whether i have relatives there,im supposed 2 tell the truth?
WWJD:confused:(What Would Jesyka Do?)..LOL

On a serious note:if u lie & ur busted,that's a lifetime ban from the US(not to mention financial & emotional losses among others):(.

If i have Bros&Sis in the USA n during the interview,they ask me whether i have relatives there,im supposed 2 tell the trueth? Thank u guys.

For an immigrant visa, having family in the US doesn't matter since you are moving there for good. So tell the whole truth. It may matter in the case of non immigrant visas to some extent since you do not want them to assume that you are intending to disappear when you reach their soil.

HIV versus medicals

I read somewhere that some one chickened out from doing his medicals. No reason was given. This is to encourage us to have hope whatever medical condition you have, assuming that the guy feared his medical condition whould get in the way. IOM website says some conditions need 2 months or more to complete the medicals. If you are in a special category, just contact IOM for the way forward. Do not wait for last minute medicals. Please read the instructions below especially in regard to HIV. Note: This is from US Embassy in New Zealand.

CONSULATE GENERAL OF THE
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Immigrant Visa Section
3rd Floor, CitiGroup Bldg., 23 Customs Street East, Private Bag 92022
Auckland, New Zealand
Ph (09) 303 2724 extn 2810 Fax:(09) 366 0870
AucklandIV@state.gov
INSTRUCTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS REQUIRING MEDICAL EXAMINATION FOR UNITED STATES VISAS
A medical examination is required of ALL applicants for immigrant visas and under certain circumstances, of applicants for other category non-immigrant visas. The medical examination can only be conducted by one of the authorized panel physicians listed on reverse. No other physician may perform this examination. YOU SHOULD THEREFORE MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR A MEDICAL EXAMINATION WITH ONE OF THE LISTED DOCTORS. IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT YOU TAKE YOUR PASSPORT(S) WITH YOU AS A MEANS OF IDENTIFICATION. THE PASSPORT MUST ALSO BE PRESENTED TO THE RADIOLOGIST AND THE MEDICAL LABORATORY AS IDENTIFICATION, together with this form. (Please complete your passport details on reverse of this form to present to Doctor & Laboratory.) If you do not speak English fluently, please take an adult interpreter with you. Medical reports are usually valid for twelve months from the date of examination. Medical examinations cannot be performed in the U.S.
The medical examination includes a chest x-ray examination for tuberculosis, and blood serological test for each visa applicant who has reached his or her 15th birthday. In some circumstances, medical examiners may require these tests of persons younger than 15.
The physician will advise you regarding obtaining the chest x-ray and blood test.
As of January 4, 2010, HIV infection is no longer defined as a communicable disease of public health significance. Testing for HIV infection is no longer required as part of the U.S. immigration medical screening process. HIV infection no longer requires a waiver for entry into the United States. The CDC determined that while HIV infection is a serious health condition, it is not a communicable disease that is a significant public health risk for introduction, transmission, and spread through casual contact.
These tests may be performed at any facility approved by the examining physician. All examination reports will be delivered directly to the Consulate General by the physician. UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED BY THE PANEL PHYSICIAN OR BY THIS OFFICE, THE X-RAY FILM IS NOT REQUIRED ON THE DAY OF INTERVIEW but should be taken to the U.S. with you and retained for your own personal records and brought to any follow-up medical appointments in the U.S.
The medical reports are valid for six or twelve months from the date of examination, depending on the examination results. Your medical report must be valid at the time of your entry into the U.S. If the medical report is due to expire during the usual six months validity of an immigrant visa, your visa will be limited to match the validity of your medical report.
VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS: Immigrant visa applicants are required to obtain certain vaccinations (some of which are listed below), prior to the issuance of an immigrant visa. Panel Physicians are required to verify that immigrant visa applicants have met the vaccination requirements. The required vaccinations listed are dependent on the age of the applicant. You should take any prior vaccination record with you to the consular physician, who will advise you which vaccinations/immunology are required and whether you require further vaccinations:
MUMPS, MEASLES, RUBELLA, POLIO, TETANUS & DIPHTHERIA TOXOIDS,
PERTUSSIS (WHOOPING COUGH), INFLUENZA TYPE B (HIB), HEPATITIS B,
VARICELLA (CHICKEN POX), PNEUMOCOCCAL, AND INFLUENZA.

Last edited by a moderator:
For an immigrant visa, having family in the US doesn't matter since you are moving there for good. So tell the whole truth. It may matter in the case of non immigrant visas to some extent since you do not want them to assume that you are intending to disappear when you reach their soil.

For an immigrant visa, having family in the US doesn't matter since you are moving there for good.
hmmm..suppose he has siblings who r out of status?

hmmm..suppose he has siblings who r out of status?

Good foresight. The one who is out of status should not give you his address to use otherwise they can get busted. For interview purposes, only deal with people who have a clean status. For that matter, if asked, you only talk about those who are legally recorgnised.

Good foresight. The one who is out of status should not give you his address to use otherwise they can get busted. For interview purposes, only deal with people who have a clean status. For that matter, if asked, you only talk about those who are legally recorgnised.

Unfortunately,it's easier said than done:(.

hi members this jarmsbi,lastweek i had an accident which caused a minor fracture resulting to plaster bandage unfortunately it happened when my interview is on the conner this coming week and i cant support myself with one leg i am on cranches,what can i do,reschedule my interview or i just attend?urgently advice.i have all other documentations ready

hi members this jarmsbi,lastweek i had an accident which caused a minor fracture resulting to plaster bandage unfortunately it happened when my interview is on the conner this coming week and i cant support myself with one leg i am on cranches,what can i do,reschedule my interview or i just attend?urgently advice.i have all other documentations ready

Pease do not reschedule. I read somewhere of a lady(principal applicant) who gave birth at night and the following morning she was at the embassy did her interview and got the VISA it was worth it. If i were you i will go for the interview

The following link takes you to capital fm where a consular was being interviewed and rescheduling was part of it http://www.capitalfm.co.ke/eblog/2012/03/02/green-card-lottery-interview-fees-drop/

Scheduling Changes
Last year, we did 28 percent of all DV interviews during the month of September. In order to accomplish this, we put most of our other interviews on hold. This meant long wait times for tourists, students, and other travelers needing interviews. In fairness to them, we will no longer be scheduling mass numbers of DV appointments in August and September.

DV applicants often book and then cancel appointments as many as five times, certain that they can always reschedule. Please note that this will no longer be possible. Once you have booked a DV appointment, please be sure to attend it as there is no guarantee of a second chance.

As always, the US Consular Section stands ready to serve the Kenyan public. We look forward to assisting you the next time you travel to America. “Ask the Consul” is a monthly column. Do you have a question for the Consul? Use this email address to submit your questions for next month’s “Ask the Consul:” AskConsulNairobi@state.gov