• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Here is my experience at the Embassy..

I got there at 5.50AM, my appointment was at 6.30AM.
Gate was opened at 6.00Am and i presented my passport and Appointment letter after which i proceeded to Entrance 2 after security check.
Entrance 2 a lady counter checked that had been booked for that day and shortly another security check.
Here you leave your phone.
I was given a no **08 and asked to wait for my turn..
Called to Window four where i handed my certs.
KSCE original
Birth certificate original
Police Conduct
Passport
Passport photos
University original and copy of transcripts.
Professional certs and copy of transcripts.

A nice lady at this reception, very humble.. asked if i ever was married, committed any crime, traveled outside kenya for more than an year.. NO to all answers.

Gave me an invoice and asked me to pay and take the receipt to her.

After this i proceeded to pay. paid in dollars $330 the madam also friendly dnt have $10 change, she rushed to the bank and after a while, she was back with the change. Gave me the receipt and the change.

After about 20 mins i was called to window 8, here they took my finger prints and was told to wait for the interview.

15 mins later called to Window 10.

CO: How are you??
ME: Im fine thanks.

CO: I will need you to swear that all the info u have given and you will give is true.
ME: I do.

CO: What did you score in High school?
ME: Gave my grade.

CO: What did you do after high school?
ME: Bla Bla Bla

CO: How do you intend to cater for your bills when you land in the states before you get a jo.
ME: I have a host **** who has offered to accommodate me as i settle.

CO: Congratulations, i approve your visa.. Register with DHL with the location you would want to collect your visa.
ME: Thanks alot. How do i register.
CO: Its online.
CO: Thanks again.

She handed a green letter with instructions on how to register for DHL and another with my Alien reg no and instructions on paying for USCIS.

I finished the process at 9.00AM.

Im super exited..

My appreciation to this forum. i learned so much from you guys.. God Bless you all.. n for those still awaiting interview, All the best indeed this is a house of WINNERS

God Bless

xx

congrats are in order...its a very nice feeling afterwards.

i have received my package today but they have not included my kid's visa though i registered for him as well.am wondering what happened. i did an email and am waiting for their response. Anyone maybe who has had a similar experience before?

congratulations!

Gate was opened at 6.00Am and i presented my passport and Appointment letter after which i proceeded to Entrance 2 after security check.
Entrance 2 a lady counter checked that had been booked for that day and shortly another security check.
KSCE original
Police Conduct
Passport
Passport photos

A nice lady at this reception, very humble.. asked if i ever was married, committed any crime, traveled outside kenya for more than an year.. NO to all answers.

After this i proceeded to pay. paid in dollars $330 the madam also friendly dnt have $10 change, she rushed to the bank and after a while, she was back with the change. Gave me the receipt and the change.

After about 20 mins i was called to window 8, here they took my finger prints and was told to wait for the interview.

CO: I will need you to swear that all the info u have given and you will give is true.

CO: How do you intend to cater for your bills when you land in the states before you get a jo.

CO: Congratulations, i approve your visa.. Register with DHL with the location you would want to collect your visa.

She handed a green letter with instructions on how to register for DHL and another with my Alien reg no and instructions on paying for USCIS.

Im super exited..

My appreciation to this forum. i learned so much from you guys.. God Bless you all.. n for those still awaiting interview, All the best indeed this is a house of WINNERS

God Bless

xx

my certificate is ok just that i think the lamination made them doubt it. anyway i went to KNEC offices and paid 2000 for them to send my certificate to the embassy and they said it take 5 working day.so i should check next week on Tuesday.
just a little patience,all will be well...if your KCSE cert is ok you don have to worry.......thats a looooong wait!6am to 1pm???

my certificate is ok just that i think the lamination made them doubt it. anyway i went to KNEC offices and paid 2000 for them to send my certificate to the embassy and they said it take 5 working day.so i should check next week on Tuesday.

Everything will turn out okey.just a little patience

i have received my package today but they have not included my kid's visa though i registered for him as well.am wondering what happened. i did an email and am waiting for their response. Anyone maybe who has had a similar experience before?

Surely it is a mistake, you gave their passport to the CO? If so, you just have to send back the passport for the visa to be printed. Emmah I wish to know, when you were asked how are u going to support urself for the 1st months in USA did you show them any proof, like bank statement, affidavit. Be bless

Thanx. Am also a DV 20140000AF19*** n primary applicant with a C- and certs in counselling psychology n if they only insist on KCSE do one av a chance?

KSCE original
Police Conduct
Passport
Passport photos

Im super exited..

God Bless

xx

Congrats dear!

Guys I have bad bad news! Wat I was always fearing has come to pass. I always feared this AP thing and true it has happened to me. After there was no activity both in the dhl embassy registration and in the ceac I decided to call the embassy to inquire. They put me on hold for lyk half an hour and they said they will call me which they never did. So after an hour or so I decided to call them back and alas they said I was on AP and I need to wait for God knows how long. So am confused. How is it possible that they gave me the visa approval and dhl registration procedures and say today that am under AP? GUYS PLZ HELP