• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

CERTIFICATES
Ensure that your certificates are not laminated, this is because you might get a CO who is a ( jungu) and they are very strict .

Hi,

Anyone here that went for the interview at the embassy with a personal car? What are the arrangements for public parking, while you go in for the interview?

Thx
Uganda1,

all the best with the up-coming interview...I will need to get in touch with you so you can share your experience especially since you come from Uganda.

CERTIFICATES
Ensure that your certificates are not laminated, this is because you might get a CO who is a ( jungu) and they are very strict .

My cert was laminated and i was interviewed by a nice young white lady,may be it depends with various factors

Here is my experience at the Embassy..

I got there at 5.50AM, my appointment was at 6.30AM.
Gate was opened at 6.00Am and i presented my passport and Appointment letter after which i proceeded to Entrance 2 after security check.
Entrance 2 a lady counter checked that had been booked for that day and shortly another security check.
Here you leave your phone.
I was given a no **08 and asked to wait for my turn..
Called to Window four where i handed my certs.
KSCE original
Birth certificate original
Police Conduct
Passport
Passport photos
University original and copy of transcripts.
Professional certs and copy of transcripts.

A nice lady at this reception, very humble.. asked if i ever was married, committed any crime, traveled outside kenya for more than an year.. NO to all answers.

Gave me an invoice and asked me to pay and take the receipt to her.

After this i proceeded to pay. paid in dollars $330 the madam also friendly dnt have $10 change, she rushed to the bank and after a while, she was back with the change. Gave me the receipt and the change.

After about 20 mins i was called to window 8, here they took my finger prints and was told to wait for the interview.

15 mins later called to Window 10.

CO: How are you??
ME: Im fine thanks.

CO: I will need you to swear that all the info u have given and you will give is true.
ME: I do.

CO: What did you score in High school?
ME: Gave my grade.

CO: What did you do after high school?
ME: Bla Bla Bla

CO: How do you intend to cater for your bills when you land in the states before you get a jo.
ME: I have a host **** who has offered to accommodate me as i settle.

CO: Congratulations, i approve your visa.. Register with DHL with the location you would want to collect your visa.
ME: Thanks alot. How do i register.
CO: Its online.
CO: Thanks again.

She handed a green letter with instructions on how to register for DHL and another with my Alien reg no and instructions on paying for USCIS.

I finished the process at 9.00AM.

Im super exited..

My appreciation to this forum. i learned so much from you guys.. God Bless you all.. n for those still awaiting interview, All the best indeed this is a house of WINNERS

God Bless

xx

More questions... After reg for the DHL pick up location, how do i get the air waybill No.. Kinda stranded.

More questions... After reg for the DHL pick up location, how do i get the air waybill No.. Kinda stranded.

You need to create an account with DHL to track your Visa. But after 3 or 4 days you receive a message from the Embassy telling you that your documents are on transit on return to you and they will give you the Airway Bill Number. The message will read like the one below

Document in transit from U.S. Consular Section
Dear xxxx, This email is to inform you that a document has been submitted to the courier by the U.S. consular section for return to you. On average, it takes one to two business days for the package to be available. The document is being sent via the courier option you selected at registration. The air waybill tracking number for the package is 1234567890. You will need this number to receive your document. For additional information on the current tracking status of the document, the delivery location, or for a list of identification required to receive the document, please log into our website at http://usvisa-info.com. Please remember that you must use your passport number, date of birth, and nationality to log into the system.

Gate was opened at 6.00Am and i presented my passport and Appointment letter after which i proceeded to Entrance 2 after security check.
Entrance 2 a lady counter checked that had been booked for that day and shortly another security check.
KSCE original
Police Conduct
Passport
Passport photos

A nice lady at this reception, very humble.. asked if i ever was married, committed any crime, traveled outside kenya for more than an year.. NO to all answers.

After this i proceeded to pay. paid in dollars $330 the madam also friendly dnt have $10 change, she rushed to the bank and after a while, she was back with the change. Gave me the receipt and the change.

After about 20 mins i was called to window 8, here they took my finger prints and was told to wait for the interview.

CO: I will need you to swear that all the info u have given and you will give is true.

CO: How do you intend to cater for your bills when you land in the states before you get a jo.

CO: Congratulations, i approve your visa.. Register with DHL with the location you would want to collect your visa.

She handed a green letter with instructions on how to register for DHL and another with my Alien reg no and instructions on paying for USCIS.

Im super exited..

My appreciation to this forum. i learned so much from you guys.. God Bless you all.. n for those still awaiting interview, All the best indeed this is a house of WINNERS

God Bless

xx

Thank you God, that was very simple you are highly favored.

Hey,just wait for about two days they will send you an email with you air waybill number.I also did my interview on a tuesday, i received the email on friday morning...so check your email on friday morning or go back to the website you registered.

Are they still insisting on C plain in kcse

There was a lady who was before me, she had D plain, she was put on AP but was told they just need to verify her other qualifications. she had a diploma as well.

KSCE original
Police Conduct
Passport
Passport photos

Im super exited..

God Bless

xx
Congrats dear, You can fly and you always fly higher for the glory of God

Essieta and Nickelly.. Thanks for the info.. will be on the lookout.. #TeamDallas welcome me on board :)

I feel great to read your testimonies cant wait for the almighty for my chance in 2014 !wish you all the best in your endevours Remember God loves you and praise him always please read this James 1:17 God bless

CASE NO.201400070XXX