• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

what do they rily want? all with same things in common: money deals,loan offers,money transfers to my personal a/c my personal info,i won this,that oh my i was in shock when i logged into my email the one below my signature which i dont use often only to find loads and loads of messages with this fishy deals.why do they need my personal info that much? do they want to interfere with my dv process? any ideas?
those things have been happening since forever. its impossible to keep your email add a secret. the thing is to ignore them coz the moment you give out your personal info ur done. esp your acc number. it happened to someone i know. they cant interfere with your DV process in any way if you ignore them.
Precisely why you should guard your personal information closely. Get use to not sharing information unnecesarily, you don't want to learn the hard way when you become the victim of identity theft. Displaying your email address (wheather it's frequently used by you or not) in a public forum is un-wise

true that man. if you have to share it make sure you dont have any personal info stored there.

In our churches its the same Marriage Certificate issued only that this one is signed by the Pastor and not a government official. But some churches have theirs as well so if yours isnt from the Government just do it and have both certificates during your interview.

Thanks makiki

Hello guys.Where are dv 2014 winners.tokelezeeni!myself was not selected at this time..maybe next time is my time.I love this forum and people in here are amazing am i feel part of a family.so i remain a big fan and i will keep on following the thread till ....there is something av read in other forums about results being out in batches..can it be true coz i doubt.and is dv 2014 probably the last lottery.?Am just curious.Shorrie ulienda wapi.?

Precisely why you should guard your personal information closely. Get use to not sharing information unnecesarily, you don't want to learn the hard way when you become the victim of identity theft. Displaying your email address (wheather it's frequently used by you or not) in a public forum is un-wise

Thanks alot for the infor about personal information. The email address i use here has nothing to do with me actually i formed it for DV lottery it doesnt even have my names and i only use it for DV questions nothing else but soon to be closed completely when am done with this forum.

Here is point to
point answers:
1. both of us are
working in United
Nations, can we
continue work here
in our native
country by
maintaining Green
card. Are we
allowed to work at
our native country
in the organization
like UN. If so, I
came to know that
we need to file a
tax return after
spending extended
time out of US, do
we have to pay tax
for any foreign
country income? if
yes, what will be
case for being UN
staff where tax is
exempted.
Answer: No you
can't work in your
home country, you
need to live and
work in the US. In
fact if you were
working for a US
company that would
have worked, with
this some tax
exemption is there
as well.
2. We are planning
to remain in the
USA only for one
month since we will
only be granted for
1 month leave at
the office. Would
this time-frame be
sufficient enough
in order to get
green card and
Social security card
on hand?
Answer: Your
immigration visa
works as a
temporary I-551
(Green Card) for
about one year, so
you can travel
overseas from the
US until your card
is issued. Usually it
takes about 4 week
to get to your
address in the US.
As far as the Social
Security is
concerned you need
to visit their local
office in right
after you arrive in
US, you apply and
you need like 2 -3
weeks to get it.
However once you
apply for Social
Security you are
there, they will
send it to your
address in US.
I guess one month is
sufficient however
try to have one
week more for just
in case.
3. Can i get my SSN
and Green Card in
my native country
sent through
courier service once
it is received by my
uncle who lives in
the stated address
of US. Then I will
plan when to visit
USA next.
Answer: yes it can
be posted to your
uncle address if
that will be the
address written in
your Immigration
Papers (Ds-230). I
wouldn't
recommend that
these sensitive
documents be
posted by courier,
it is up to you, if
planned let him
copy both the SSN
card and the Green
Card.
4. As I plan to stay
in USA only for
about a month, will
there be any
consequence at
immigration if i
buy round-trip
ticket in advance?
will this make any
difference?
Answer: No problem
at all, you are fine,
just make the first
landing and you can
travel the next day
no matter what kind
of ticket you are
holding.
5. Could you please
suggest, how will it
be possible to get
visitors visa or
tourist visa for my
parents before i
leave to US?
because they will be
left alone here
which i don't want
to be.
Answer: please visit
the US Embassy in
your country or
visit their website
to see the
requirements. it is
possible that you
apply for your
parents non-
immigrant visa.
Note: If you plan to
work in your
country and
maintaining your
Green Card, there
is a possibility to do
that for TWO
YEARS absence
(trip outside the
US) only and for
ONE TIME only as
well. In this case
you need to apply
for that while in
the US.
Good Luck

Here is point to
point answers:
1. both of us are
working in United
Nations, can we
continue work here
in our native
country by
maintaining Green
card. Are we
allowed to work at
our native country
in the organization
like UN. If so, I
came to know that
we need to file a
tax return after
spending extended
time out of US, do
we have to pay tax
for any foreign
country income? if
yes, what will be
case for being UN
staff where tax is
exempted.
Answer: No you
can't work in your
home country, you
need to live and
work in the US. In
fact if you were
working for a US
company that would
have worked, with
this some tax
exemption is there
as well.
2. We are planning
to remain in the
USA only for one
month since we will
only be granted for
1 month leave at
the office. Would
this time-frame be
sufficient enough
in order to get
green card and
Social security card
on hand?
Answer: Your
immigration visa
works as a
temporary I-551
(Green Card) for
about one year, so
you can travel
overseas from the
US until your card
is issued. Usually it
takes about 4 week
to get to your
address in the US.
As far as the Social
Security is
concerned you need
to visit their local
office in right
after you arrive in
US, you apply and
you need like 2 -3
weeks to get it.
However once you
apply for Social
Security you are
there, they will
send it to your
address in US.
I guess one month is
sufficient however
try to have one
week more for just
in case.
3. Can i get my SSN
and Green Card in
my native country
sent through
courier service once
it is received by my
uncle who lives in
the stated address
of US. Then I will
plan when to visit
USA next.
Answer: yes it can
be posted to your
uncle address if
that will be the
address written in
your Immigration
Papers (Ds-230). I
wouldn't
recommend that
these sensitive
documents be
posted by courier,
it is up to you, if
planned let him
copy both the SSN
card and the Green
Card.
4. As I plan to stay
in USA only for
about a month, will
there be any
consequence at
immigration if i
buy round-trip
ticket in advance?
will this make any
difference?
Answer: No problem
at all, you are fine,
just make the first
landing and you can
travel the next day
no matter what kind
of ticket you are
holding.
5. Could you please
suggest, how will it
be possible to get
visitors visa or
tourist visa for my
parents before i
leave to US?
because they will be
left alone here
which i don't want
to be.
Answer: please visit
the US Embassy in
your country or
visit their website
to see the
requirements. it is
possible that you
apply for your
parents non-
immigrant visa.
Note: If you plan to
work in your
country and
maintaining your
Green Card, there
is a possibility to do
that for TWO
YEARS absence
(trip outside the
US) only and for
ONE TIME only as
well. In this case
you need to apply
for that while in
the US.
Good Luck

For more Information read http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php/100500-How-to-maintain-Immigration-visa-after-DV-lottery

Hello guys.Where are dv 2014 winners.tokelezeeni!myself was not selected at this time..maybe next time is my time.I love this forum and people in here are amazing am i feel part of a family.so i remain a big fan and i will keep on following the thread till ....there is something av read in other forums about results being out in batches..can it be true coz i doubt.and is dv 2014 probably the last lottery.?Am just curious.Shorrie ulienda wapi.?

I dont think so unless they pass and agree about it before october 2013 otherwise be prepared to fill the 2015DV Lottery

Status is refused.

so, case could be created with wrong date in kcc, but tha was not the case. consular officer at the post read the case incorrectly - this is what happened. send an email to the consulate with printout of the casecreation date and explain them the baby was born after the date, not before.

@misses i read the selectes instructions where they stated that "please do not send any civil documents to the kcc'' so i dont think you should send the MC to the kcc but got to present it during the interview

But u can send copies:):)

Hi Everyone :) I have a question: is it possible to still make correction with the infor you gave on dsp 122/ ds 230 form or its too late to correct? aint current yet . Thanks

It isn't late until u have ur 2ndNL whereupon ur case is moved to respective embassy.

Hi guys,
its been a while,seems things have been moving well for all of us,im so glad guys Gods plan is working out just nicely
Its a pleasure n i say congrats to all those who have passed interview,those who got second NLs hold there with prayer all should be okey,
we doin good over here only there seems to be no enough time,
last week my wife and i moved to our own apartment and bough our second car,this is our 3rd month here,its a nice place guys if you got your priorities right.
and one more thing,you will meet lots of guys here who will discourage you if you come with your spouse....blah blah you cant make it and these are esp kenyans guys that Bullish just be real!
Let success not make you leave the one you love for at the end of the day they are all you got,okey?bye,got to go no much time but you can always drop me a inbox guys at my email,nesh_mugo@yahoo.com

Maendeleo..

Thanks for the heads up:):).

what do they rily want? all with same things in common: money deals,loan offers,money transfers to my personal a/c my personal info,i won this,that oh my i was in shock when i logged into my email the one below my signature which i dont use often only to find loads and loads of messages with this fishy deals.why do they need my personal info that much? do they want to interfere with my dv process? any ideas?

what do they rily want? all with same things in common: money deals,loan offers,money transfers to my personal a/c my personal info,i won this,that oh my i was in shock when i logged into my email the one below my signature which i dont use often only to find loads and loads of messages with this fishy deals
Welcome to the world wide web..

why do they need my personal info that much?
Nothing personal..it's business(we do have software/people that "fish" the net email addresses so that they can send u that junk:mad:)

do they want to interfere with my dv process?
I hope u r not using this email address "officially"(KCC/US embassy:( ).

As long as kmahyuni isn't ur real name & u did not fill in ur personal details in yahoo...then u should be ok.Go gmail..yahoo(smh).

u may as well dump it & come up another address:):).

http://forums.immigration.com/showt...lectees-report-here!!!!&p=2582463#post2582463

@Karendi;not to burst ur bubble,they actually do send notification mails but u do have to be internet savvy to know that the above mail is full of sh**.
1:Was the mail from KCCDv @state.gov?Ur guess is as good as mine!!!
2:Their email address is visa.department@dvlottery.consulate.us.tc which when googled,u will be warned that its a scam.The .tc domain name registered for Turks & Caicos Islands according to wikipedia,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.tc. [/URL] .Perhaps Turkey have began a DV of their own LOL:p
3:Their phone number though is American_the +1 prefix or routed thru there(who knows?)

All in all,I'll give an E for effort:cool:

I did get one of these mails last year Nov telling me to send cash to Western Union in the UK.Honestly,how can I be notified that u r a winner in Nov yet the results r released in May??

check this out...

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: U.S. Department of State <dv@travel-state-program.com>
To: obeezy b<obeezyb@yahoo.com
Sent: Friday, 18 November 2011, 4:32
Subject: U.S. Department of State - United States Permanent Resident Card for obeezyb

Your registered name obeezyb ( obeezyb@yahoo.com ) is included to show this message originated from U.S. Department of State. U.S. Department of State notifies obeezyb of being selected as a winner of the Diversity Visa program.

Dear obeezyb , You are one of the 50,000 winners selected by the computer random draw from the 12.1 million entries registered in the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program . The Diversity Immigrant Visa program is a United States congressionally-mandated lottery program for receiving a United States Permanent Resident Card. It is also known as the Green Card Lottery.

Winner Details

Acceptance Date: Friday 18th of November 2011 01:32:35 AM
Winner Name: Obeezyb
Country of Birth: Kenya
Phone Number:

Diversity Visa Details
With the Diversity Visa (also known as Green Card) you will enjoy all the advantages and benefits of a U.S. permanent resident, including health and education benefits, and employment opportunities along with guidance in your new country, orientation sessions and programs to integrate into mainstream American society. Once received you can use it at any time you want to move in the United States or just travel. The visa must be renewed after 10 years.

U.S. Government helps you with the accommodation and offers you Health Insurance (Freedom HSA Direct Individual Health insurance for 1 year), Dwelling (Apartment in any city you prefer, 1 bedroom for 3 months ), a guaranteed job (in the field that you are are currently qualified so you can start working even from the first week you arrive in the United States and get paid as U.S citizen. ) and education (for U.S. Students or Higher Education through EducationUSA. It includes transfer to a U.S college or University so you can continue your educational study. More details can be found at http://educationusa.state.gov/ .)

Processing fees

Type of Residence Card Status Amount (per person)
United States Permanent Resident Card Granted! - Waiting for payment of processing fee $879
Processing fees Included
Total $879
Although the Diversity Visa participation was free, the law and regulations require to every diversity visa winner to pay a visa processing fee of $879. The Diversity Visa(Green Card) is guaranteed upon receiving the payment.
The per person fee for each Diversity Visa is $879, payable in U.S. dollars or equivalent of your local currency. This $879 fee is the only fee a winner needs to pay throughout the entire relocation process.
Accompanying family members(wife/husband, fiancee, brothers, sisters, childrens, cousins) may be included in the program and their visas will be provided at the same time with yours so you can travel/move together in the same time. However the fees must be paid per person and each member(e.g wife, brother, parents, childrens, cousin) must pay $879. There is no discount for childrens.
Please note that you are allowed to take with you as many family members you want. However for each person you must pay an additional amount of U.S $879
For example if you decide to move in the United States with your wife and a kid the total fee is US$879(your fee) + US$879(your wife) + US$879(your kid) = US$2637.

PURPOSE: The U.S. Department of State uses the fee payment primarily to process your visa related documents and verify your identity.
Visa Payment processing instructions
The fees must be paid using Western Union money transfer and will be processed by the U.S. embassy in the United Kingdom.
Western Union is a leading provider of International person-to-person money transfer. With more than 150 years experience and 245,000 Agent locations in over 200 countries and territories, Western Union is recognized for sending money quickly, reliably, and safety.
You can send the payment in U.S. dollars or equivalent of your local currency .

Click on the following link to find the nearest Western Union agency and send the fees payment :
Find Western Union Agency
If you are unable to find a Western Union agency near your location, you may ask a relative or friend to pay the fee on your behalf.

After you find a Western Union agency you need to go with cash money, an identity card(e.g passport or national identity card) and send the payment to the U.S. embassy agent address in United Kingdom:

Name : Kevin Wine
Address: 73 Queens Avenue
London, N20 0JB
United Kingdom

The payment must be sent to the above U.S. embassy agent address in United Kingdom because the U.S. Department of State decided this based on the diplomatic relations with your country.
After you send the payment follow the next steps:
Fax the Western Union receipt at +44 2080434497 !

Then wait for the confirmation that the payment was received.

Within 48 hours, you will receive a confirmation via email with your Case Number/Confirmation Number and exact date and time(approx. 2 days) of the final interview. Upon successful interview you will receive your documents and travel information to move in the United States. Under no circumstances your visa status won't be affected by the interview. After you have paid the processing fees your visa is guaranteed !

Please Note!

The payment must be sent via Western Union in maxx 5 working days after you have received and read the email from U.S. DEPARTMENT of STATE. You are strongly encouraged not to wait until the last day to pay. Heavy demand may result in system delays .
The visa processing fee(US $879) is mandatory for each person and the U.S. Government doesn't offer any discount, loan or exception.
You have been selected winner of the Diversity Visa lottery so the visa is guaranteed upon receiving the payment fees on time.
A hard copy of this letter will be mailed to your postal address upon receiving the payment fees.
Please be advised that even through you are a winner of Diversity Visa your Case Number/Confirmation Number will be provided only after you send the payment confirmation of the fees. Please do not contact us to ask for the Case Number/Confirmation Number.

If it would be necessary to contact the U.S. Department of state YOU MUST ALWAYS REFER TO YOUR NAME. The email is support@travel-state-program.org !

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: AUTHORITIES: The information asked for on this form is requested pursuant to Section 222 of the Immigration and Nationality Act. Section 222(f) provides that the records of the Department of State and of diplomatic and consular offices of the United States pertaining to the issuance and refusal of visas or permits to enter the United States shall be considered confidential and shall be used only for the formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and other laws of the United States. Certified copies of such records may be made available to a court provided the court certifies that the information contained in such records is needed in a case pending before the court.

*Names have been changed to protect the user's id:cool:

Thanks alot for the infor about personal information. The email address i use here has nothing to do with me actually i formed it for DV lottery it doesnt even have my names and i only use it for DV questions nothing else but soon to be closed completely when am done with this forum.

Izhow.....do u really intend to abandon the forum??

U will most likely draw on it when on the pathway to citizenship,IVs for family members & other issues that may affect ur LPR status among other things..

or u will come up with another "handle" like "makiki reloaded" in 3 - 5 years:p:p

LOL...don't bite the hand yet:p:p.

Cheers.

Hey Donmisty, does it mean you never filled a DS230 for her?? I thought you filled it but said "Follow To Join".
I hope you still have the email conversation with KCC carry it because you will have to say YES if asked that you are married

i know they know and if they didnt wangejua hio siku

YES if asked that you are married
do u intend to show up at the embassy without "her".

Does ur 2nd NL include her?