• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

INA Section 221(g) - Incomplete Application or Supporting Documentation

What does a visa denial under INA section 221(g) mean?

A visa denial under section 221(g) of the INA means that the consular officer did not have all of the information required to determine if you are eligible to receive a visa. This means you are not eligible for the visa now, but your case is pending further action for one of the following reasons:

Your application is incomplete and/or further documentation is required - Applicants whose application forms or other documentation are incomplete are refused. If further documents are required to complete your case, you will be informed what is needed and how to provide it to the embassy or consulate. You will also be given a letter stating your application has been denied under 221(g) and listing which documents you need to provide.
Administrative processing - Further administrative processing of your application is required before a decision can be made regarding your eligibility for a visa. You will be given a letter stating this and next-step instructions after the administrative processing is complete.

Is there something I can do about a refusal under section 221(g)?

If your application was denied because documentation or information is missing, you can provide the missing documents or information as soon as possible. After submitting the documentation, your visa application can then be processed to conclusion to determine whether you qualify for a visa. You have one year from the date you were refused a visa to submit the additional information. Otherwise, if you do not provide the required additional information within one year, you must reapply for the visa and pay another application fee.
Sham, my case creation date was 4th nov 2011. So
I dont know what the CO mearnt by saying 25th Jan 2012

Ash, I wish your write a waiver to KCC or US consul Nairobi

Last edited by a moderator:
HI DV members. I need to update the address of my host. But I have already received the 2nd notification letter. When I enquired from KCC earlier the advised that I can update the same at the embassy during the interview. My question is how do I update this information. Do I fill another DS 230?.Pls advise.
Otherwise guys thanks for answering the question on affidavit of support

HI DV members. I need to update the address of my host. But I have already received the 2nd notification letter. When I enquired from KCC earlier the advised that I can update the same at the embassy during the interview. My question is how do I update this information. Do I fill another DS 230?.Pls advise.
Otherwise guys thanks for answering the question on affidavit of support

After the interview just give the CO the new address and thats all. No worries, No Ds230 just write in a piece of paper and give it to her/him

Attention forum members. According to todays citizen news looks like the green card lottery might be abolished by June this YEAR. This is according to a Kenyan lawyer practising in America. She says that Obama is in strong support of the immigration bill. This might dash the hopes of thousands of Kenyans who wanted to participate in DV 2015.
However the lucky winners of 2013 and 2014 must as well count themselves very fortunate.

HELP: Do we have any family person here who recently prepared her/his kids certificate? I mean late Birth registration? Am just curious??? I know i did my daughters because it had errors as in this is what the passport people told me. Who else did their kids after winning??
Thanx makiki for raising the issue,actually not a child but me i have never had a birth cert untill i was selected.when i went for my birth cert n took it to the immigration for passport it had a wrong date of birth 12th instead of 13th so i had to corect that. i did get a correct copy but the date of registration is .30.7.2012 is there anything ishould be worried about,n if the co asks what should i say?my passport date of issue is 7.8.2012

Certifications

I am new member and I would like to join the group and You are all supporting each other.

I do have a question

I have sent form DS230 form my wife and two kids, without any certifications such as birth and Mariage certificate.
I do have them to present them whenever i been called for interview.

Note : My kids born before applying for DV

Question: Should I send the copy of certifications along with DS230?

Did any one pass the interview without submitting the certifications along with DS230?

My CN# DV13 87XXX

Attention forum members. According to todays citizen news looks like the green card lottery might be abolished by June this YEAR. This is according to a Kenyan lawyer practising in America. She says that Obama is in strong support of the immigration bill. This might dash the hopes of thousands of Kenyans who wanted to participate in DV 2015.
However the lucky winners of 2013 and 2014 must as well count themselves very fortunate.

yer i also watched that and that would be heartbreaking to many hopefulls but lets pray that all may work for the good of all of us.

I am new member and I would like to join the group and You are all supporting each other.

I do have a question

I have sent form DS230 form my wife and two kids, without any certifications such as birth and Mariage certificate.

Did any one pass the interview without submitting the certifications along with DS230?

My CN# DV13 87XXX

Welcome home keroi this is the place to be house of wnners.after the 1stnl you are supposed to fill the ds230 forms yours and your beneficiaries with the correct information,and send to kcc.no submitting any certs at that point,but if u get married or have a child after the sellection this is where u fill their ds230 forms and this should be accompanied with the certs to proove that they are not fake.my 2cents and open to correction.

I do have a question

My CN# DV13 87XXX

KERO1, u r welcome to the house, Juliana has answered your question rightly. Kindly update your signature fully. Thanks

Thanx makiki for raising the issue,actually not a child but me i have never had a birth cert untill i was selected.when i went for my birth cert n took it to the immigration for passport it had a wrong date of birth 12th instead of 13th so i had to corect that. i did get a correct copy but the date of registration is .30.7.2012 is there anything ishould be worried about,n if the co asks what should i say?my passport date of issue is 7.8.2012

No problem as long as you defend yourself when they ask you about it. So long as the same cert is the one you used to get your passport you are good to go. You wont be the first adult to do her birth certificate late.

I do have a question

My CN# DV13 87XXX

Yes i did pass the interview without submitting the certifications along with DS230.
It is clearly written that you dont send any legal documents to KCC. The ones you are seeing submitting theirs have different issues so keep calm and wait patiently. If your kids were born before entering the initial DV lottery just relax and wait :D

Welcome to the forum and please update your signature, at the top go to forum actions click at edit profile on the left side go to My Settings then click at Edit Signature. This is where you will put your case number, POE, date checked. sent blah blah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaKYwV3z9Q8

The Senate bill proposes ending the diversity visas in 2015 and creating a new, merit-based visa program. It would make 120,000 visas available per year, rising to a maximum of 250,000, depending on the need for them and the unemployment rate. Immigrants would earn points toward visas based on their education, employment, family ties and other criteria.

Republican lawmakers have wanted to eliminate the diversity program, contending it is ripe for fraud and endangers national security. These fraudsters and terrorists are really messing people i hear even the Boston Bombing guys were DV winners, its a pity that we have such people in this world.

If this thing is ELIMINATED I wont feel good even if I have been issued that visa, I need atleast my siblings to also benefit from it :( am only hoping for the best outcome

Last edited by a moderator:
Say no and keep walking

It was never David's plan to fight Goliath. He was only checking on his brothers but he found a man who did not regard the living God taunting the army of Israel which was scared to death. He offered to kill this evil giant. The brothers said no, David also said no and set to fight the evil giant. In life you might have to fight the evil giant against every conventional wisdom. People in your life will discourage you. Do not give up. Say no and fight on. Keep fighting until you win. You will never win unless you fight.

In your life God has given you some abilities that only you and God know. Your faith is between you and God. Your breakthrough is within your reach. You have what it takes to take you out of any situation be it poverty or joblessness, a terrible relationship or no relationship at all. But sometime your family or friends keep on telling you what you can or what you cannot achieve.

When the brothers told David that he could not fight the giant, his armor could not fit and the sword was over size: They were actually right because that is all they could see. David and God had a different level of thinking. You have something inside you that God has put inside you. Only you understand what God has inside you. Do not let anybody come between you and God. Never let somebody who does not know your relationship with God determine your destiny. David ignored his elder brothers. He ignored the wisdom of fighting. When you have God and you find yourself in a situation: Do not listen to those in your life, those who know you decide your fate because they do not know what God has put inside you.

David did not use the weapons of war that they knew. He used what had not been used before. For your life to turn around be ready to use what has not been used before. Noah was saved in a boat that had never been tested before. Jonah sailed for three days in a belly of a fish. Nobody had traveled this way before. You and God is a combination never seen before. Keep walking my sister. You and God is a miracle never seen before.

Since when did men and women walk in a sea divided into two by a stick? It was done for the first time for a nation to escape slavery. Now who thinks that your God cannot take you out of your storm? He will make a special way for you. Just keep walking. When Peter was in a storm in the middle of the sea. He just called the name of the master. He walked on water. How many men or women had ever walked on water before? Let them shut up: They do not know your ways with God.

It does not matter what condition you are in bro: You will make it by faith. Do not sit and accept that fate the devil wants you to take because failure is only the fate of the devil himself. Say no and walk on water like Peter. Say no and walk through a divided sea like the slaves did walk and they made it to freedom. Say no and enter in the belly of a fish even if that is the only option. If God is going to bless you by confining you why not!. Say no to walking away from God when it seems hopeless, just sit down and wait, God will make a sandwich of a boy to feed over 4000. Nothing is impossible with God. In case you forget. Elijah was without food, God sent a bird to feed this guy. God even sent a poor widow to feed him. God will feed you from a least expected source.

Wherever you are: Whatever your situation. Keep walking. God is with you. He was with others before. He will be with you. Keep walking.

indeed it will be a blow to our relatives and friends who intended to apply. Nickely you might consider droping some prayer bullets to halt this process.

indeed it will be a blow to our relatives and friends who intended to apply. Nickely you might consider droping some prayer bullets to halt this process.

But If they do it the Canadian way of 'Skilled Workers' they will still have a chance :p

It was never David's plan to fight Goliath. He was only checking on his brothers but he found a man who did not regard the living God taunting the army of Israel which was scared to death. He offered to kill this evil giant. The brothers said no, David also said no and set to fight the evil giant. In life you might have to fight the evil giant against every conventional wisdom. People in your life will discourage you. Do not give up. Say no and fight on. Keep fighting until you win. You will never win unless you fight.

In your life God has given you some abilities that only you and God know. Your faith is between you and God. Your breakthrough is within your reach. You have what it takes to take you out of any situation be it poverty or joblessness, a terrible relationship or no relationship at all. But sometime your family or friends keep on telling you what you can or what you cannot achieve.

When the brothers told David that he could not fight the giant, his armor could not fit and the sword was over size: They were actually right because that is all they could see. David and God had a different level of thinking. You have something inside you that God has put inside you. Only you understand what God has inside you. Do not let anybody come between you and God. Never let somebody who does not know your relationship with God determine your destiny. David ignored his elder brothers. He ignored the wisdom of fighting. When you have God and you find yourself in a situation: Do not listen to those in your life, those who know you decide your fate because they do not know what God has put inside you.

David did not use the weapons of war that they knew. He used what had not been used before. For your life to turn around be ready to use what has not been used before. Noah was saved in a boat that had never been tested before. Jonah sailed for three days in a belly of a fish. Nobody had traveled this way before. You and God is a combination never seen before. Keep walking my sister. You and God is a miracle never seen before.

Since when did men and women walk in a sea divided into two by a stick? It was done for the first time for a nation to escape slavery. Now who thinks that your God cannot take you out of your storm? He will make a special way for you. Just keep walking. When Peter was in a storm in the middle of the sea. He just called the name of the master. He walked on water. How many men or women had ever walked on water before? Let them shut up: They do not know your ways with God.

It does not matter what condition you are in bro: You will make it by faith. Do not sit and accept that fate the devil wants you to take because failure is only the fate of the devil himself. Say no and walk on water like Peter. Say no and walk through a divided sea like the slaves did walk and they made it to freedom. Say no and enter in the belly of a fish even if that is the only option. If God is going to bless you by confining you why not!. Say no to walking away from God when it seems hopeless, just sit down and wait, God will make a sandwich of a boy to feed over 4000. Nothing is impossible with God. In case you forget. Elijah was without food, God sent a bird to feed this guy. God even sent a poor widow to feed him. God will feed you from a least expected source.

Wherever you are: Whatever your situation. Keep walking. God is with you. He was with others before. He will be with you. Keep walking.
faith trust and obey. amen sista

Powerful words.....just like when you followed your heart and applied the DV. Many get discouraged by the millions of applications every year. Believe in yourself and God.

Timely message, ubarikiwe makiki

Be strong

Hey guys , this is Kross, i have not been active in this post but will be active from now.
My brothers and sisters, even as we pursue our dreams let us all remember that GOD has the final word on our lives and destiny. More importantly, do not listen to every tom, dick and hury, there are people who will always be hell bent on destroying your vision . The next time someone tells you that you will have to work extra hard in America, tell them that there is no substitute to diligence and commitment in any progressive society .